Forums and Support section of site not functional with IE 11 - WarpPortal Technical - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Forums and Support section of site not functional with IE 11

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:32 PM

You are not able to make a ticket or login to the support section of the site with IE11, and probably IE9-10 since they also use compatibility mode to deal with a major change in the browser.
The forums software to use any tools that use a pop-up window does not work with IE11(Like making a link or adding a picture), once again through proxy IE9-10.

The failure to modernize these sections of the site has been around since IE9 released and should have really been remedied by now. IE represents about 10% usage. It has most likely been an impediment to users of the site for the last several years.

#2 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 25 June 2014 - 11:10 PM

My updated IE11 works fine with the forums and website. But yeah, still no go on the Support site on IE11.

#3 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:00 PM

I can run them by manually setting compatibility mode with some bugs.
The main issue is when you click a button that communicates with the backend it does not work. So when I am on the forums and using the enhanced editor, if I add in the information and click submit nothing happens to the point I need to reload the page. The same thing happens on the support section when I try to login or choose a ticket, clicking submit does not do anything unless I am in compatibility mode.
I think the issue is due to how you deal with Internet Explorer browsers. Up until Internet Explorer 9, the browser used JScript. This requires an activeX object to be created in order to communicate with the backend. In order to deal with this, most code checks if the person is using IE and if so uses JScript instead of JavaScript. Now what happens when the user has IE9+ that defaults to using JavaScript? It probably confuses the heck out of the browser as most of these checks just see if they are using IE and not the version.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users