[Classic] PVP improvement and activity ideas - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[Classic] PVP improvement and activity ideas

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 26 June 2014 - 02:50 PM

This thread is for people to come up with ideas to help make PVP more active in Classic. Many people want to PVP but it's not very often that they're in there at the same time.

There have been people making announcements to let people know when PVP is active.

Maybe scheduled PVP events would be a good idea?

Fixing the gvg rooms also a good idea...!

#2 Tribe

Tribe

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 728 posts
  • Server:Freya

Posted 26 June 2014 - 02:53 PM

People need to know when pvp is happening! I sit in izlude for hrs on end without a single person entering sometimes.

Also buff ninjas

#3 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 June 2014 - 03:03 PM

You need a population for this to happen.

The GMs need to take steps to get more people playing.

How are you going to motivate people to pvp when the server has hardly any traces of life outside of WoE?
The economy is probably the worst I have seen on any RO server and even in WoE there's minimal competition.

#4 orlibe

orlibe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 05:48 PM

the pvp npc in pron should have a chat up, stating the amount of players in the pvp room. that way people which warp to pron can see always if pvp is up or not.

#5 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 26 June 2014 - 05:57 PM

id rather somehow fixing bg so that it would be fun to play in groups.

#6 Xplay4eva

Xplay4eva

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 03:44 AM

Needs some kind of reward

Needs at least 2 modes: 1 for anything goes and 1 for (LOL) weaklings and no good gears allowed.

#7 stockings

stockings

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 03:48 AM

thumbs up, because i love advance wars

#8 Xplay4eva

Xplay4eva

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 06:38 AM

thumbs up, because i love advance wars

Quit distracting me with your legs! :heh:

Edited by Xplay4eva, 27 June 2014 - 06:50 AM.

#9 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:32 PM

the pvp npc in pron should have a chat up, stating the amount of players in the pvp room. that way people which warp to pron can see always if pvp is up or not.

good idea

#10 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 04:18 PM

What about a single-map "shout" kind of thing (same type of message as the lime-green "shout" you can do on lou_fild01) that announces when your player enters PvP? It could be made to only occur in Prontera, since globals are incredibly annoying.

#11 aulbath

aulbath

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 07:53 PM

hello bloody thirsty players  i have some ideas that can improve the pvp in ragnarok please be respectful about other players ideas, the purpose of this is to improve the pvp of the game not to take down others ideas:

-The pvp NPC in prontera: shows you how many are inside pvp/gvg rooms(for those who want woe reductions), without  the need warp you to the waiting room, Or an UI improvement ,like renewal, where a windows shows you how many are in X pvp room/GvGroom (this way faster and better imo,you can be hunting/afk in your guild spot,leveling an alt ,and just see the pvp windows and click enter)-why? because is bored to be guessing when there will be pvp!!, it makes you feel theres no pvp activity on the server..

-NPC resser inside pvp rooms: make a safe spot inside where no one can pass/attack, after 10 sec you spawn in a random spot for avoid camping:

The reason of the NPC resser inside was because i warp to pvp room> i die> i warp  for npc healer>warp out>warp in for pvp waiting room>warp into pvp map>ppl is gone.. i want to keep the adrenaline, the fun running.. when you die and you have to do all that process a thousand times again is annoying,tiring , takes some time and ppl inside thinks u wont come back and leaves and thats it, u have to wait till planets align for another pvp.

izlude.jpg

Or a safe area just like the bg maps,after 10 sec you spawn in a random spo tthis would require some modification of the pvp maps.

Or after you die you just select in the menu(ESC)"res me i want vengance!!" and you spawn in a random spot on the map with full hp/sp.

Other Ideas:

-Allow the use of bg pots inside GD since its pvp map, this way ppl will be motivated to do more bg

-Increase the badges from Tierra, you cant do flavius because of 1 player, theres no wiz, theres no bg,plus flavius is pure farming and ppl get mad if you kill em.

-Remove the "lifes" of pvp, dying twice and get warped is dumb.

Also i would like to ask the GM's to Fix some bugs:

-izlude, some times i get warped into the water or an izlude where theres no buildings, and some cells are bugged and cant walk

-GvG rooms, You cant use white/blue bg potion, you cant warp out unless you have the kafra letter.

Edited by aulbath, 27 June 2014 - 07:56 PM.

#12 papu888

papu888

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Classic - Loki

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:40 AM

hello bloody thirsty players  i have some ideas that can improve the pvp in ragnarok please be respectful about other players ideas, the purpose of this is to improve the pvp of the game not to take down others ideas:

-The pvp NPC in prontera: shows you how many are inside pvp/gvg rooms(for those who want woe reductions), without  the need warp you to the waiting room, Or an UI improvement ,like renewal, where a windows shows you how many are in X pvp room/GvGroom (this way faster and better imo,you can be hunting/afk in your guild spot,leveling an alt ,and just see the pvp windows and click enter)-why? because is bored to be guessing when there will be pvp!!, it makes you feel theres no pvp activity on the server..

-NPC resser inside pvp rooms: make a safe spot inside where no one can pass/attack, after 10 sec you spawn in a random spot for avoid camping:

The reason of the NPC resser inside was because i warp to pvp room> i die> i warp  for npc healer>warp out>warp in for pvp waiting room>warp into pvp map>ppl is gone.. i want to keep the adrenaline, the fun running.. when you die and you have to do all that process a thousand times again is annoying,tiring , takes some time and ppl inside thinks u wont come back and leaves and thats it, u have to wait till planets align for another pvp.

izlude.jpg

Or a safe area just like the bg maps,after 10 sec you spawn in a random spo tthis would require some modification of the pvp maps.

Or after you die you just select in the menu(ESC)"res me i want vengance!!" and you spawn in a random spot on the map with full hp/sp.

Other Ideas:

-Allow the use of bg pots inside GD since its pvp map, this way ppl will be motivated to do more bg

-Increase the badges from Tierra, you cant do flavius because of 1 player, theres no wiz, theres no bg,plus flavius is pure farming and ppl get mad if you kill em.

-Remove the "lifes" of pvp, dying twice and get warped is dumb.

Also i would like to ask the GM's to Fix some bugs:

-izlude, some times i get warped into the water or an izlude where theres no buildings, and some cells are bugged and cant walk

-GvG rooms, You cant use white/blue bg potion, you cant warp out unless you have the kafra letter.

I second that.

#13 Ilex

Ilex

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 01:34 AM

Assuming PvP is a character flag and not a zone flag--allow characters inside of towns to flag themselves for PvP combat.

-Coat every flagged character with an obvious identifier like the green character effect endowed by Frus when it uses its "undead" ability.

-Disable talking for flagged characters using whatever Frenzy does.

-Have characters unflag only when they leave town or die.

I suppose the main problem would be that not everyone wants a bunch of visual noise floating around while they're trying to shop or the like, but I feel by now the issue of being completely unable to disable screen shaking should have *probably* been resolved.  Even in the event which that is somehow not the case, though, everyone has the ability to disable effects pretty readily; effects which are hardly needed in a town setting as it is.

By enabling what is, in effect, a "forced-spectator" mode, it would not only make it obvious when someone is rubbing for a drubbing, but also allow the people who don't necessarily want to go digging for PvP to watch, to watch PvP.  Plus, of course, every ego enjoys knowing that it's accomplishing its goals in front of a live studio audience of faceless AFK merchants.

Edited by Ilex, 29 June 2014 - 01:34 AM.

#14 aulbath

aulbath

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 11:22 PM

So no one supports me besides him? <_<, do you like the pvp as it is now ppl?

Edited by aulbath, 29 June 2014 - 11:23 PM.

#15 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 29 June 2014 - 11:32 PM

depends how much of your suggestion is actually possible

> paging campitor

#16 Tribe

Tribe

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 728 posts
  • Server:Freya

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:34 AM

I want a ragial like bot that tells a website how many people are in pvp...

I would set it up/host it but I have no idea how to go about it and im kinda lazy :S

A website would be cool though as we could make it email you when x ammount of people are in pvp and stuff.

#17 aulbath

aulbath

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:19 PM

anyone else?

#18 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:33 PM

I would set it up/host it but I have no idea how to go about it and im kinda lazy :S

A website would be cool though as we could make it email you when x ammount of people are in pvp and stuff.

Good idea.

#19 hellmageddon

hellmageddon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:47 PM

You know what would be awesome? If they had a Classic style PVP room on Chaos.

I mean I would love to play classic, but I don't have the time to start over yet again, and chaos PVP is so damn boring. Everyone just one shots each other. Hardly any skill involved.

#20 EtNox

EtNox

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts
  • Server:euRo -> fRo -> Classic

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:58 PM

You know what would be awesome? If they had a Classic style PVP room on Chaos.

I mean I would love to play classic, but I don't have the time to start over yet again, and chaos PVP is so damn boring. Everyone just one shots each other. Hardly any skill involved.

Considering that Classic and Renewal have entirely different mechanics - guess that's just not possible.

You can't just have a Room with classic mechanics filled with renewal-statted/geared characters and vice versa.

#21 hellmageddon

hellmageddon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:00 PM

Considering that Classic and Renewal have entirely different mechanics - guess that's just not possible.

You can't just have a Room with classic mechanics filled with renewal-statted/geared characters and vice versa.

Well the point of the room would be no renewal chars. 

#22 EtNox

EtNox

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts
  • Server:euRo -> fRo -> Classic

Posted 11 July 2014 - 01:14 AM

Well the point of the room would be no renewal chars. 

Unequipped no-3rd class with renewal mechanics is still not "classic".

@Thread: We really need something to make people aware of PvP when there are actually people in - as it's quite a nuisance to walk trough that damn room just to see 0 in every room.

#23 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:13 AM

Working on it.

Need help tho :(

#24 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:55 PM

How about:

• Remove the fee to enter the PvP Waiting Room. 500z is excessive, and in most games there's no fee at all.
  • Limited respawns (random placement as per usual) before you're kicked back to your save point. 3 seems alright.
  • Gear restriction settings. Allow us to make use of rooms with Gods/MVPs disabled if we so choose.

#25 aulbath

aulbath

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:59 AM

How about:

• Remove the fee to enter the PvP Waiting Room. 500z is excessive, and in most games there's no fee at all.
  • Limited respawns (random placement as per usual) before you're kicked back to your save point. 3 seems alright.
  • Gear restriction settings. Allow us to make use of rooms with Gods/MVPs disabled if we so choose.

well , its sort of what i said but yea , we need some fixes there, more ppl to support the ideas.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users