Building a gear without WW in it! - Page 2 - Archer Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Building a gear without WW in it!

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#26 Zipp3r

Zipp3r

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:12 PM

While that may be true, I don't need to emulate the effects of a stat when I can just get that stat.  A +12 King poring with dolomedes is +13 dex +7 Luk, FAW can carry 15 Luk cardless, and a WWS can carry 10+luk/dex reasonably (16+ luk with venatu).   There are more options to gear dex and luk than there are agi, and switching those gears wont potentially remove my ability to hitlock an mvp.

120 agi allows me to wear gear that keeps me from getting one shotted while MVPing. It also give more flee that allows me to dodge Hell's Judgement more often.

Again not saying who is right or wrong, just stating the advantages.

Are you really considering TRASHING your WWS with a Venatu card? Dude, seriously.

Nothing that you said is even CLOSE to the build I made... not saying I'm better than anyone, but I hold numbers....

My build with Luk Temporal (when proc) does around 150k DPS (damage per second)... this is a Boitata in about 7~8 seconds...

Edited by Zipp3r, 30 June 2014 - 12:12 PM.

#27 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1802 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:22 PM

Ok, now tell me what in this game would be better for a RANGER than Isabella, Bakonawa Tattoo and BM Elven Bow +14?

This is pretty much BiS for Ranger dude...

btw, Isabella has a slot too..

Headgears:

Mild Wind headgears
+9 Evil Marcher Hat
+7 'Merica Hat or any hat that gives a lot of Luk
+9~12 Eddga Hat
+9 Vanargand is nice if using Hawkeye enchant

Weapons:

Archer Skeleton, Abysmal Knight, Samurai Spectre, Turtle General or Thanatos carded Elven Bow

Accessories:

Ifrit rings
FS33 Agi+3 Rwc Ring
Glorious Rings or Kafra Blossom carded accessories if elemental resist is required (e.g Soloing Bakonawa)
Marine Sphere carded accessory (for the 10 second +20% fire damage bonus)

Edited by Zayaan, 30 June 2014 - 12:27 PM.

#28 Memoir

Memoir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1744 posts
  • Server:EternalLove

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:30 PM

Ok, now tell me what in this game would be better for a RANGER than Isabella, Bakonawa Tattoo and BM Elven Bow +14?

This is pretty much BiS for Ranger dude...

btw, Isabella has a slot too..

What? I've been playing ranger for the longest time and I never even considered using an Isabella hat. I'd rather use an arc angeling carded vanargand helm or even Rideword hat would be better. If you mean in terms of mvping then i'd prolly consider it but not for an all around purpose. I would even rather use a puppy hat for Gloria since I'm more of a soloist. As for +14 bm Elven bow, that bow is good but a +12 big xbow with aspd enchant would give me that +2 aspd that a +14 Elven bow would give. That means an extra enchant slot for big xbow plus 2 free card slots. That is pretty much what I think would be "better" in terms of convinience.
I would never say that investing 120 on any stat point would be a "WASTE" if you know how to play it properly. But what I'm trying to say is that if you are playing a ranger, getting 120 Agi is never a waste. It's actually more of a convinience. It makes you flexible in a lot of ways.
Getting 120 Dex is also not bad but if would be more of a build that would depend on having a party or burn more supplies(specially pots) if you plan to solo.
Note: I'm also not trying to encourage anyone to get anything 120 on any stat.

Edit: lmao zayaan beat me to more stuff that would answer your question.

Edited by Memoir, 30 June 2014 - 12:33 PM.

#29 ericcc

ericcc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:33 PM

How about AS Gears without WWS???

What Item would you Offer??

#30 Zipp3r

Zipp3r

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:41 PM

Headgears:

Mild Wind headgears
+9 Evil Marcher Hat
+7 'Merica Hat or any hat that gives a lot of Luk
+9~12 Eddga Hat
+9 Vanargand is nice if using Hawkeye enchant

Weapons:

Archer Skeleton, Abysmal Knight, Samurai Spectre, Turtle General or Thanatos carded Elven Bow

Accessories:

Ifrit rings
FS33 Agi+3 Rwc Ring
Glorious Rings or Kafra Blossom carded accessories if elemental resist is required (e.g Soloing Bakonawa)
Marine Sphere carded accessory (for the 10 second +20% fire damage bonus)

Are you kidding me? Evil Marching Hat? Eddga Hat? VANA???

FS do not affect Warg dmg, so still worse than pure dex (which you gonna be getting if you use Isabella, for instance).

Kafra Blossom on accessory? Really, for ranger? Dude, I'm making a gear to do PVM/MVP not WoE.

Everything you mentioned is worse.. except, of course, MVP Cards, which is REALLY hard to get.

Edited by Zipp3r, 30 June 2014 - 12:47 PM.

#31 Zipp3r

Zipp3r

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:45 PM

What? I've been playing ranger for the longest time and I never even considered using an Isabella hat. I'd rather use an arc angeling carded vanargand helm or even Rideword hat would be better. If you mean in terms of mvping then i'd prolly consider it but not for an all around purpose. I would even rather use a puppy hat for Gloria since I'm more of a soloist. As for +14 bm Elven bow, that bow is good but a +12 big xbow with aspd enchant would give me that +2 aspd that a +14 Elven bow would give. That means an extra enchant slot for big xbow plus 2 free card slots. That is pretty much what I think would be "better" in terms of convinience.
I would never say that investing 120 on any stat point would be a "WASTE" if you know how to play it properly. But what I'm trying to say is that if you are playing a ranger, getting 120 Agi is never a waste. It's actually more of a convinience. It makes you flexible in a lot of ways.
Getting 120 Dex is also not bad but if would be more of a build that would depend on having a party or burn more supplies(specially pots) if you plan to solo.
Note: I'm also not trying to encourage anyone to get anything 120 on any stat.

Edit: lmao zayaan beat me to more stuff that would answer your question.

Well, if you really play ranger for that long you should've known that Rideword Hat and Vanargand are irrelevant for MVP. I dont even know why you brought them up.

XBox is only better than elven bow when AS is on the table, otherwise is always worse. ALWAYS. 

zayaan didnt beat you, he listed a bunch of bad gear for ranger... dont worry.

The only thing I would agree is using AS or AK in the weap instead Beholder Master which MIGHT be better for the dmg. The rest I wouldnt even consider...

Edited by Zipp3r, 30 June 2014 - 01:02 PM.

#32 Memoir

Memoir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1744 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 03:15 PM

Well, if you really play ranger for that long you should've known that Rideword Hat and Vanargand are irrelevant for MVP. I dont even know why you brought them up.

XBox is only better than elven bow when AS is on the table, otherwise is always worse. ALWAYS.

zayaan didnt beat you, he listed a bunch of bad gear for ranger... dont worry.

The only thing I would agree is using AS or AK in the weap instead Beholder Master which MIGHT be better for the dmg. The rest I wouldnt even consider...

I don't find something that I use 80% of the time to be irrelevant.
If you are talking about clean Elven vs. clean xbow then I would agree with you since I already did all kinds of tests on it. However, the fact that there are 2 cards that you can put in xbow plus its enchantable compared to Elven will never make me agree with you. Since it seems that you are able to afford the use of consumables in whatever you do or not solo, then I find anymore argument pointless. If you so insist that your build is better than anyone else then you should might as well post vids or hangout in PVP. I'd be more entertained in seeing how well you can perform with your build and gear set. I'm always up to learning new things.

#33 Gabohollow

Gabohollow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:22 PM

BXB its not always worst than elven:

firts that all has 2 slots wichs means 2 B.master cards (+2 ASPD) if the bow its +14 then +4 ASPD(hard but not imposible) and if you have 120 base AGI another 1 point AND also can be enchanted 2 times and both can give +1 ASPD so the most godly ASPD bow would be this +14BXB (2x B.master +2ASPD enchants giving us a grand total of 7 ASPD flat points) of course is nearly imposible but something like +12 BXB (2x B.master and +1 aspd enchant +1 aspd base agi)is posible.Also have more base ATK and his level 4 weapon so refine gives it more atk essentially increasing warg damage :D

oo i was forgetting elven forces you to use elven arrows BXB don´t so you can use ghost arrows for those nasty ghost mvps but its irrelevant since if you are planing  serious mvping you should be using zodiac hats that procs mild wind(wich change the warg elemental damage /gg)

i Know you gonna say -but i lose the 50% ranged damage from elven combo-

IMO and experience the arrow damage....its so low compared to warg´s damage by a LOT i actually never cares about elven for mvping instead i preffer my creeper bow +14(easy to get) with 2x B.master and 2x sharp1 enchant wich essentally means +4 ASPD...again the arrow damage its low but who cares when the warg its hitting 7 times per second(lucky day enchant) with 15k damages (even more with right mild wind) and i also get space for other kind of equips(resistances, leeching wich actually means A LOT when hitting 14 times per second[arrows+warg]) wichs reflects in less supplys wasted and more survability in combat.

If you ask me more survability in mvping its a lot more important than do +50% arrow damage...ok you hit 5k per arrow...but 1 good hit from the mpving and you are dead...so you have to A(return to the mvp place wich means time lose and the chance of another get to the mvp place and kill it before you or B) use a token wich is after all use money :/).

i only hit around 3k per arrow...but im nearly unstopable.

i really see hard how DEX boots can be good for mmmm a ranger in general xD

i mean in AS build WW set have not comparition and in Auto Warg ASPD means everything xD

even in trapper build only is good becuase fo the damage you get (formula increase damage by DEX-INT and ATK) but the fix cast its a WASTE of bonus,

in the other hand the ASPD bonuses from the boots are PERFECT for AUTO WARG build i mean anyway you are gonna use the tempo boots right? becuase you WANT lucky day enchant that´s make the warg build GODLY (in pvm/mvp) why you want to use the dex ones that only benefits you in a fraction or the AGI boots that all the bonuses are good for you XD i simply don´t see how DEX boots are better SORRY :D

You have stated then ASPD bonuses from the boots are useless to you since you actualy get 193 aspd without them....but what you are missing its the point we all are trying to make you see:

If you get more ASPD from the boots you get free slots for others equips X_X

well a LOT more can be say but for the way you writte your comments (zipp3r) its clear that you are not open to other build than yours....and its ok i guess, its a RPG game after all and you should play and have fun with your style and i respect that. 

Edited by Gabohollow, 30 June 2014 - 11:24 PM.

#34 Zipp3r

Zipp3r

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:02 AM

I don't find something that I use 80% of the time to be irrelevant.
If you are talking about clean Elven vs. clean xbow then I would agree with you since I already did all kinds of tests on it. However, the fact that there are 2 cards that you can put in xbow plus its enchantable compared to Elven will never make me agree with you. Since it seems that you are able to afford the use of consumables in whatever you do or not solo, then I find anymore argument pointless. If you so insist that your build is better than anyone else then you should might as well post vids or hangout in PVP. I'd be more entertained in seeing how well you can perform with your build and gear set. I'm always up to learning new things.

Even with Cards Memoir, Elven bow is always better dmg wise because of the elven bow+arrow combo. XBox would be better for AS purpose, only. And as I said, for christ sakes, this is a build with PVE/MVP focus, not PVP and/or WoE, stop treating as such....

When I said Vana and RWH is irrelevant I meant when you are fighting a MVP, which is true and you know... 

#35 Zipp3r

Zipp3r

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:13 AM

BXB its not always worst than elven:

firts that all has 2 slots wichs means 2 B.master cards (+2 ASPD) if the bow its +14 then +4 ASPD(hard but not imposible) and if you have 120 base AGI another 1 point AND also can be enchanted 2 times and both can give +1 ASPD so the most godly ASPD bow would be this +14BXB (2x B.master +2ASPD enchants giving us a grand total of 7 ASPD flat points) of course is nearly imposible but something like +12 BXB (2x B.master and +1 aspd enchant +1 aspd base agi)is posible.Also have more base ATK and his level 4 weapon so refine gives it more atk essentially increasing warg damage :D

oo i was forgetting elven forces you to use elven arrows BXB don´t so you can use ghost arrows for those nasty ghost mvps but its irrelevant since if you are planing  serious mvping you should be using zodiac hats that procs mild wind(wich change the warg elemental damage /gg)

i Know you gonna say -but i lose the 50% ranged damage from elven combo-

IMO and experience the arrow damage....its so low compared to warg´s damage by a LOT i actually never cares about elven for mvping instead i preffer my creeper bow +14(easy to get) with 2x B.master and 2x sharp1 enchant wich essentally means +4 ASPD...again the arrow damage its low but who cares when the warg its hitting 7 times per second(lucky day enchant) with 15k damages (even more with right mild wind) and i also get space for other kind of equips(resistances, leeching wich actually means A LOT when hitting 14 times per second[arrows+warg]) wichs reflects in less supplys wasted and more survability in combat.

If you ask me more survability in mvping its a lot more important than do +50% arrow damage...ok you hit 5k per arrow...but 1 good hit from the mpving and you are dead...so you have to A(return to the mvp place wich means time lose and the chance of another get to the mvp place and kill it before you or B) use a token wich is after all use money :/).

i only hit around 3k per arrow...but im nearly unstopable.

i really see hard how DEX boots can be good for mmmm a ranger in general xD

i mean in AS build WW set have not comparition and in Auto Warg ASPD means everything xD

even in trapper build only is good becuase fo the damage you get (formula increase damage by DEX-INT and ATK) but the fix cast its a WASTE of bonus,

in the other hand the ASPD bonuses from the boots are PERFECT for AUTO WARG build i mean anyway you are gonna use the tempo boots right? becuase you WANT lucky day enchant that´s make the warg build GODLY (in pvm/mvp) why you want to use the dex ones that only benefits you in a fraction or the AGI boots that all the bonuses are good for you XD i simply don´t see how DEX boots are better SORRY :D

You have stated then ASPD bonuses from the boots are useless to you since you actualy get 193 aspd without them....but what you are missing its the point we all are trying to make you see:

If you get more ASPD from the boots you get free slots for others equips X_X

well a LOT more can be say but for the way you writte your comments (zipp3r) its clear that you are not open to other build than yours....and its ok i guess, its a RPG game after all and you should play and have fun with your style and i respect that. 

I see your point... but look, even tho it would free slots for others equips I cant find anything BETTER than what I listed... I mean... none of the itens listed here is better for auto warg purpose (PVM/MVP). 

The only thing that could be better is something MVP carded which is out of the discussion since its something really hard to get....

My gear setup right now is:

+13 Isabella Red Ear (thinking about the card, but probably going with Dolomedes)

Pegasus Ear or Robo Eye (Probably going Pegasus for the 193 ASPD)

Pirate Dagger or CD In Mouth

+14 Elven Bow with Beholder Master

+9 Fallen Angel Wing with Giant Whisper

+9 Temporal Dex Boots with Lucky Day and EA4

2x Bakonawa Tattoo

With this setup I get around 150k DPS with Lucky Day proc... yep, thats right, 150.000 damage per second. Tested against Boitata, he has low defense so I used him to make this test.

The other setup I also considered was a full White Wing set proper enchanted (Manteau FS10~11, Boots with lots of Luk/Dex/Sharp, Brooch with Dex and EA4~5 Suits) taking off the beholder master from the Elven bow for AS or even AK... I was even thinking in having both... but when I made the calculation against the same MVP (Boitata) the dmg dropped a LOT. More than 50% if I'm not mistaken...

I also tested with BXB and as I said early in this topic, BXB is worse in most case scenario... the only time BXB is better is when I use AS... the Elven bow + Elven arrow make elven bow pretty much the BiS right now...

#36 Gabohollow

Gabohollow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:11 AM

i don´t see and end with this.

You begin a topic asking for "builds" we give you the ones we use or thing are good so why saying everything its bad except you?_?

again depends on the approach and mine its not the same as yours so meh XD your setup its for me the "standar" i enjoy more mine and thats it no offense plz and have fun playing ro :P

#37 Memoir

Memoir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1744 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:27 AM

The above post pretty much said everything. I also already said that I did all kinds of different tests on that bxb vs elven bow and stated the differences. Like I said, I would never agree with you when it comes to adding the cards and enchants because that's 2 cards vs. 1 and that 1 is beholder which you are pretty much stuck on. I bet you didn't even do the comparison at +14.
You also mentioned how fs/ea enchants don't affect warg damage yet that's the enchant you wanted to get for your wwset. Telling that to someone like zayaan who I'm pretty sure has done all kinds of stuff in terms of soloing an MVP on a ranger(and other classes) is pretty much hypocritical to me.
Like I also said, arguing is already pointless also because of what gabohollow said. You can keep saying its for pvm but the only thing that I can see you do in it is go straight for the MVP and that's it. You can never go solo a good instance like gh without burning that much pots or consumables with it. I actually manage to solo gh instance without burning more than 50 pots and those were only used at amdarais.
If you ever go to try to solo bakonawa, you won't do that 150k dps that you are saying. That warg won't even attack it at all. Like I also said, you can post a vid of you like soloing detardeurus or something if you want to insist. Boitata is something that pretty much anyone can kill anyway. Detardeurus shouldn't be a hard of a feat for you since you do 150k dps.

Edited by Memoir, 01 July 2014 - 05:36 AM.

#38 Qani

Qani

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1032 posts
  • LocationEden floor 2
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:43 AM

I think OP was asking for the best boots in terms of dps given his equips, and possibly a build around it. 

So agi boots would be out of the question for dps optimization. I have not done the math so I can't really comment on which is better between the other boots though.

Soloing bako sounds really interesting. I'm assuming you can out range his autoattacks? Can you beat the timer or do you just aoe the adds down?

#39 Memoir

Memoir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1744 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:47 AM

I do think he would do amazing in terms of just walking straight up to MVP without needing to deal with mobs. I just think that 120 Dex build would be more suitable when you have a party and also in woe specially if you have a rg that have sacrifice on you.

As for bakonawa, here's a vid I found courtesy of ranger lynx.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users