• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Radacci

Radacci

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 01:27 AM

I'd like to suggest that Accuracy affect some spells...like fireball, elec bolt, BM throws, and such.
Lets say i throw dirt in the eyes of a shaman, so it's blinded (accuracy down) and it still has 95% chance to hit me with fireball? doesnt make sense.
are they like homing missiles or something? that seek out their target regardless if shaman can see anything?
Dura amulet has -x% accuracy, but it doesnt really affect them anything...it should.
For AOEs its ok if they always hit. i mean how are you supposed to dodge an explosion? by not being inside the radius ofc. if you're in radius, there's no chance to dodge an explosion.
So evasion should work vs these target spells too.

Some target spells are AOEs, like Flame Arrow, Explosive Arrow. They should detonate on target loction, even if you dont actually hit the target. (cause it causes an explosion) But Flame arrow is a spell and dont really miss alot, so why does exploading arrow miss alot? -_-
It's just weird that if i target someone high lv, and miss, i auto miss the lv 1 person next to him. or if i shoot at the lv 1, i auto hit the lv 100 person next to him.

Even though i dissagree that evasion/accuracy arnt working. i still agree it needs to be re-worked.
5k evasion vs 5k accuracy means 5-10% chance to dodge, and 90-95% to hit. its stupid. it should be 50% chance either way.
having twice as high evasion as someone accuracy should mean 100% to evade. so i got 20k eva, if you got lower than 10k acc you cant hit me.
this would make accuracy buffs/xeons/enchant ACTUALLY USEFUL. they arnt useful now, except maybe for raids, if you're low in acc. but simply having foc armor give me 9k accuracy, which is good enough by itself. (since at the moment its easy to have 9k acc, you'd need 90k evasion for 100% dodge atm, this is just impossible to achieve)
I dont see anyone stack acc xeons in gear for ANY reason.
Cause of the way accuracy works vs evasion. debuffing someones accuracy is immensly more useful than buffing your evasion.
if i lower target accuracy by 2500, it means i need 25000 less evasion to cap dodge...there's no +25000evasion buff to compare to -2500accuracy...
they should be equal, but they arnt.

#2 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 08 November 2010 - 04:11 AM

I agree that acc/eva should be reviewed but dont know if x acc should be evaded by 2x acc: the problem is that the natural eva is higher than the acc, and while some classes can reach more than 20k eva, most cant reach 10k acc. The thing would be to make the eva and acc rise but dont cap that easy, something like the defense, in wich you never reach the 100%, otherwise the player with 2x eva, wouldnt be hitted.

About the acc problem: the acc affect the auto attacks, but what affect the skills is the chance of success and the difference of lvl. Maybe they should remove those things and make the acc affect the skills too.

#3 Radacci

Radacci

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 05:00 AM

well if it was like defense, buffs wouldnt make a big difference after a certain point.
well it all depends on lv. lv 65 foc sets have both eva and accuracy, with it all classes should have around 7-9k accuracy.
but the point is that accuracy xeons should be useful, if you wanna make a sniper that rarely miss.
the acc xeons dont have any purpose at the moment cause of small boosts in accuracy makes big difference in chance to hit.

my lv 30 alt hitting my lv 76 SR always miss unbuffed ofc.
but with capped acc buff/DNA she has 2-3k accuracy, which means my SR would need 20-30k evasion. so without buff i got 8k evasion or such, which means lv 30 char hit me most of the time.
this is a lv 30 char with only a buff.

even tempests have 8k accuracy with foc set.
and only few classes have evasion buffs. and they should have an obvious advantage. just like a prot defense buff has obvious advantage.
and acc xeons should be used to offset the evasion -_-

right now ppl only use a very few enchants. which is def down, skill/crit up, hot

#4 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 05:19 AM

The problem is with the scale, the natural eva and acc are too high, and the ones given in the items are quite high too, but the xeons dont give much, then, the xeons become useless.

#5 Radacci

Radacci

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 06:46 AM

its like HP xeons. you need to bloat your gear with them to make a big difference. its not like a few +20HP xeons gonna save you in PVP, you need many. so a few accuracy xeons shouldnt be enough either.
or the svs damage xeons for that matter.
1-2 eva xeons make you almost untouchable at lv 5, while ofc you'd need -_-loads of them at lv 75 to make a difference.
even if they changed the eva to what i suggested i dont think that aspect would change so much.
there's boosts and counters.
prots got defense vs zerks high damage.
zerks got death blow that disable evasion.
commanders got OP accuracy buff to counter evasion. ofc atm its not even remotly needed -_- so zerks and commanders would be natural anti-evasion
all melee classes got accuracy buffs.
and you could say commander is totaly OP cause stun immunity, any classes that rely on stun etc stand no chance. but it's their unique trademark.
so if SH, Inferno, SR get high evasion you simply use accuracy buff, accuracy up enchants, or evasion down enchants. there's many counters.
just like you use def down to counter ppls defense. or rogues use soccer kick to remove adamant mind etc.
stun and sleep also drops evasion to 100-
its not like all classes should have counters for every situation anyways. many of them are specialized in some field.
you ask a tempest/prot/rad for def buff, you ask a WL, Mystic, Tempest for atk buffs. you ask a comm for acc buff ^^

Edited by Radacci, 08 November 2010 - 06:53 AM.

#6 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 06:53 AM

But if you have double eva than the enemy acc and it evade 100% then how you would hit it to put a eva debuff over it? -_-

#7 Radacci

Radacci

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:04 AM

have a class of your choice stun it first, to drop its eva to 50 -_-
as a SR without soccer kick i just ignore commanders and protectors. i cant scratch them.
so ppl without accuracy ignore dodgers they cant hit -_-

#8 CarpD

CarpD

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1109 posts
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 08 November 2010 - 01:53 PM

The game is not programmed to handle enviromental effects.
- Ie. Hit the ground and cause dust cloud to reduce ACC on opponent.

If they were to add this (after all the battle functionaly is implemented), it will probably introduce bugs since the initial design did not support this setup.

Request enviromental effects at your own risk...

#9 Radacci

Radacci

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 12:34 AM

well its more like a hybrid between shooting a fireball at someone, and placing an AOE with selection circle.
you shoot a flame arrow at someone, and it does AOE damage in its radius at the target player location, without placing it as a normal AOE.
then it detonate there, even if it missed the target. and then you might hit surrounding ppl with the AOE.
if you wish you can see it as auto-placing an AOE at your target location.
making flame arrow/explosion arrow into placed AOEs would be bitchy.
Explosive arrow shouldnt miss anyways, since its generates a 10m radius explosion.

#10 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 02:51 AM

The game is not programmed to handle enviromental effects.
- Ie. Hit the ground and cause dust cloud to reduce ACC on opponent.

If they were to add this (after all the battle functionaly is implemented), it will probably introduce bugs since the initial design did not support this setup.

Request enviromental effects at your own risk...

All can be done if one find the right way. If they want an aoe bolt that hit the ground and explode, they can do it like a ground aoe: place the cicrle in the floor, and the skill hit all the targets around once instead of have tics like the other ground aoes, the rest is only animation.

Hit the ground and cause a dust cloud: if the hit is in the place, just make it as Elec Twister, a skill that come out of the target and have x radius, the rest is animation.

#11 CarpD

CarpD

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1109 posts
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 09 November 2010 - 07:22 AM

All can be done if one find the right way. If they want an aoe bolt that hit the ground and explode, they can do it like a ground aoe: place the cicrle in the floor, and the skill hit all the targets around once instead of have tics like the other ground aoes, the rest is only animation.

Hit the ground and cause a dust cloud: if the hit is in the place, just make it as Elec Twister, a skill that come out of the target and have x radius, the rest is animation.

I'm not saying it's impossible.
I'm saying (from a programmers stand point), that introducing a feature that was not originally in the functionality of the game will introduce bugs.

It's like adding a 5th wheel design to a 4-wheeled car that is already done designed and in production.

Now, if you have a bad@ss software architech, it can be done.
But sorry to loose a little faith on the GRAVITY software team...

#12 Radacci

Radacci

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 07:42 AM

But sorry to loose a little faith on the GRAVITY software team...

everyone does, so dont worry -_-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users