4 replies to this topic

#1 RumbleBunny

RumbleBunny

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 07:53 PM

Hi there.

It's been a while since I've played and a lot has changed. Currently levelling a high priest and looking for some guidance on gear. I've decided I'd like to go with a diabolus robe but am not sure what card to put in it. I have seen a lot of people mentioning Pasana but am not sure I understand why. I'd like to MVP in the future and thats what im building towards. Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Also, if anyone has advice on the top 3 must have cards for shields that would help as well =]. I'm mostly just doing TIs for now.

#2 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:57 PM

The card is situational.

If you were, say, going to Thor Volcano, or Abyss Lake, you'd wear Pasana-carded armor. Against Naga you might wear swordfish-carded. Some MVP and mini-boss cards are also situationally useful.

The only generic/catch-all cards are ones that increase HP or provide unique benefits. Peco Peco card would be +10% HP.

I find Brynhilldr also works well for a FS priest, with its high DEF and assumptio you take quite low damage.

Shields are also situationally useful.

There is a -30% card for each race. You'll want to wear those when combating areas with mostly that race of monster. If there are no commonalities in race, you can also look at size, as there is a card for each size that reduces by 25%. The most common enemy in the game is Medium sized, so an ogretooth card is a good investment. Thara frog (vs demi human) and khalitzburg (vs demon) are commonly useful in TI and leveling.

Edited by Jaye, 28 June 2014 - 08:58 PM.

#3 Menvra

Menvra

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:59 PM

If you are willing to get multiple diabolus robes then going with elemental cards makes sense. (You will want a fire armor eventually.)  Otherwise put a card that helps you survive.  I know people who default unfrozens just for the convenience, some use angeling cards, some even use loli ruri. That is something you will have to decide for yourself.  You should have multiple armors anyway and swap gears depending on what you are fighting. Especially if you plan to ET in the future.

As for cards in shields: Hodremlin is used often in PvM, Alice for MvPing later and Thara Frog if you plan on participating in WoE/PvP (though it is useful leveling too).

#4 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 28 June 2014 - 09:03 PM

For example:

When doing the GH instance I usually wear Anti-Medium Valk shield for the first aprt vs the zombies and ghouls, anti-large shield in the second part vs the khalitzburg, raydrics/archers/bloody knight/abyss knights, and vs the MVPs I wear royal valk shield.

That's 3 shields just for one adventure.

#5 RumbleBunny

RumbleBunny

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 09:07 PM

Ah, thanks for the help guys...looks like i have a lot of shopping to do...as far as shield cards i currently have:

cranial

brutal

and whatever khalitzburg and penemona shields are called lol...wondering if there is anything glaring that I'm missing?

I was looking for one all around good card for a diabolous robe...and for all the random elementals use something a little ermm..cheaper lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users