Homunculus Routes (Advanced options) - Homunculus Headquarters - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Homunculus Routes (Advanced options)

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 ask83r

ask83r

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:21 PM

I haven't been able to find a single prewritten homunculus script for route making.
Is anyone aware you can design routes for your homun to walk on through any map by itself?
It just takes time and a little dedication, but with the right route, and map, your can speed up the leveling process by 3 fold.
Find the technical instructions on the azzy documentation http://www.drazzy.com/ai/getaai.shtml#
under advanced settings>Route walk.

you have to pick each coordinate set every 8 cells to create a path. 4 on confusing corners.

anyone who has made routes, please post them here!! :D

#2 ask83r

ask83r

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:28 PM

or please explain better how to pick which map the routes work on, so i can make some.

#3 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 30 June 2014 - 10:38 PM

I never wrote an automated script for doing that. I did it by hand. 

You could take the default AI (i'd hack at the default AI, and use it for route generation, so I could switch to the real AI with /hoai ) and replace the function OnFOLLOW_CMD with this, and then do alt+t every time you were standing on a cell you wanted to be in the route, then process the text file with find/replace to get what you want. 

function	OnFOLLOW_CMD ()
	local outfile=io.open("Route.txt","a")
	if outfile~=nil then
		local ox,oy=GetV(V_POSITION,GetV(V_OWNER,MyID))
		outfile:write("{"..ox..","..oy.."},")
		outfile:close()
	end
end

That code is untested (I just wrote it off the top of my head), and it doesn't include the "MyRoute={" or the closing "}", but it should work. Note that it doesn't clear the file first either. 

Let me know if that doesn't work for you - I'm excited to hear that someone's actually using route walk!

#4 ask83r

ask83r

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 10:47 PM

i understood you up to the
 then process the text file with find/replace to get what you want. 
and i understand getting to the file and changing what's in it, but are you saying if i.. hit the standby control while under original AI, how does it put where i am into the route?

#5 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:14 PM

Actually, strike the bit about find/replace - the format will be right, you'll just have to add the start and end (also, you have to move/rename/delete the file between runs, since it doesn't clear it for you) and copy/paste it into H_Extra

It will log the location you're standing on in Route.txt in your RO folder (that should be created if it's not already present when that code runs) when you hit standby key (and it won't go into standby). 

Edited by DrAzzy, 30 June 2014 - 11:14 PM.

#6 ask83r

ask83r

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:04 AM

I don't think I'm going to able to understand how this works at my skill level :/ I love the idea so much though...

#7 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:53 PM

Just change that function, walk the route, hitting alt+t at each point you want it to use as a step in route walk. It will generate a file called Route.txt in your RO folder, open that, add MyRoute={ to the start, delete the last , and replace it with a closing } (so it looks like the example in the documentation) and it's ready to copy/paste into H_Extra. 

If there's a specific part that you're having trouble with, please don't hesitate to ask - I'd love to see this getting put into use; all it's ever been used for are my test runs. 

Edit: It's alt+t for homun

Edited by DrAzzy, 01 July 2014 - 02:57 PM.

#8 ask83r

ask83r

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:11 PM

Alright, after re reading the documentation and re reading this i have a better understanding. The part that is confusing is i dont know where the real AI is , like which file i would be changing, to add the cmd, and the how do i activate that to start the alt+t process?

#9 ask83r

ask83r

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:09 AM

okay i found it, now the big question, is does this only work on the map your on? or can you preset routes for each map for it to follow?

#10 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:10 AM

Nope - gravity didn't provide any API call to get the current map. I wish we had that one - that's been one of the "wouldn't it be awesome if" type features that me and other AI developers have talked about over the years and that we'll never get.

#11 ask83r

ask83r

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:47 PM

Oh well, it will be at the orc map till 99 anyways, same map , same route.
So you want me to literally copy your code in the first reply, and replace the original followcmd with it? should i save a copy of the AI somewhere else?
once that is copied, and route.txt has been made, that alt+t will cause route.txt to gather info about each alt+t, then after the entire route has been devised, i copy and paste it into the extras file you provided?

and for the majority of this process, have hoai turned off so that I am using the actual AI? then turn it back on once its been copied and pasted?
then im assuming the AI should be returned to normal state after that?

then set route to linear, and it will go about its route?

#12 ask83r

ask83r

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:59 PM

Is the route, according the maps coordinate system, or is it according to your position (would you have to start the route in the same position on the map every time?)
also, after all is done and working, can i post routes on here for people to copy? so they dont have to go through the AI changing step? Would be nice to share such intense info.

#13 ask83r

ask83r

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:42 PM

lol, one more reply azzy, we almost got me figuring this out!!

#14 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:00 PM

It's the maps coordinates (same as /where) that the bit of code I posted records.

There's also a RelativeRoute option, which makes it treat all coordinates as relative to the owner's positions - this is meant to let you make the homun walk around you in heart shapes (for lulz) or for optimizing performance in a specific spot (for pulling more monsters). 

Edited by DrAzzy, 03 July 2014 - 03:28 PM.

#15 ask83r

ask83r

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:20 PM

Such as circling two egg patches (; I love this idea of routes. this is gonna be fun! Thanks! and I will post my first route soon.

so how does relative route work if you are putting in map coordinates , that one do you have to start in the same position every time?

once that is copied, and route.txt has been made, that alt+t will cause route.txt to gather info about each alt+t, then after the entire route has been devised, i copy and paste it into the extras file you provided?

and for the majority of this process, have hoai turned off so that I am using the actual AI? then turn it back on once its been copied and pasted?
then im assuming the AI should be returned to normal state after that?

then set route to linear, and it will go about its route?

#16 ask83r

ask83r

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:49 PM

I did everything, posted a route , and picked route-linear, and set the route option to true, 
is it supposed to begin the route instantly? because it isnt. Is there an activation? lol SOO CLOSE!!
route.jpg

#17 ask83r

ask83r

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:50 PM

that symbol inbetween the = and {, is not a "|"

it is my cursor btw.

#18 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:07 PM

It should, assuming your homun is on screen of the route, and doesn't have anything else to attack. 

#19 ask83r

ask83r

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:12 PM

:/ I dont want to say ,  "so much for nothing"
but i cant seem to figure out why its not working from here, as its set to true, set to linear, i re logged, and its just sitting still waiting for eggs to show up. does the entire route have to be one screen size?.. if yes, shouldnt it start the route, then turn back when it gets to far anyways?

much sad.

#20 ask83r

ask83r

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:09 PM

and as of now, out of no where, your code no longer works, and only puts out jibberish into route.txt

#21 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 04 July 2014 - 04:55 PM

Check contents of AAI_ERROR.log, AAIStartH.txt in the RO folder  - see if there's anything related to route walk there. 

Also, can you post all the config files you're using, so I can try to reproduce the problem you're having? I'm on vacation this week and haven't been able to look at this.  

As for the issue with the route generation, can you post the gibberish? The code I posted is extremely simple - there's very little room for it to do anything that would result in junk being written to the file. You are being sure to clear the contents of the file between mapping runs, right? 

#22 ask83r

ask83r

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:45 PM

aai.jpg

aih.jpg

I dont see anything related to routewalks with the two files for errors.

Here is an example of the jibberish :/ ㅻ㔸㈬㔳ⱽㅻ㐸㈬㌳ⱽ

by deleting, you mean the coordinates? clear it? yes that was done everytime.

because i had MirAI before AzzyAI, im not sure the names of each config files, i also dont know how to upload the config files onto this forum, unless youd have me use 4shared and send you the link.

#23 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:38 AM

That repeating message (attempt to move to...) is the failed route walk. It's trying to move to a part of the route that's far off the screen. Why, I'm not sure (it's supposed to be doing distance checking there). Though, try clearing AAI_ERROR, then summoning homun somewhere where you'd expect it to be able to get onto the route. 

I have _no idea_ how you could be getting gibberish in the file, unless it's the bush hid the facts bug...

The config files are the ones that start with H_ (for homunculus - M_ for merc) in the USER_AI folder. Upload them to your favorite file hosting service, or pm me for an email address to send them to. 

Edited by DrAzzy, 05 July 2014 - 09:42 AM.

#24 ask83r

ask83r

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 04:15 PM

I can't test it anymore because of the fact that the code won't give me coordinates anymore..

Will pm you for email, much simpler than file hosting service.

#25 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:43 AM

Send me one of the bogus route.txt files too. I honestly have no ideas on this - you can see the code too - there's just no room in the logging code for things to go weird like that.... 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users