Homunculus Routes (Advanced options) - Page 2 - Homunculus Headquarters - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Homunculus Routes (Advanced options)

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#26 Damara

Damara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:18 AM

I don't understand the code part of this, but would this allow the homun to walk a few steps ahead of the chemist? Essentially, letting the dog drag you around the block? Because this sounds super useful. I can't help with the code writing but I'm willing to help test if you need. Or buy you lunch, whatever.

#27 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:41 AM

No, this is not related to the frequently requested walk-ahead feature. 

The thing that's held up the walk-ahead is that I can't think of a good algorithm to determine, from current x,y coords and the history of positions for the last ~1.5 seconds (10 calls to the AI() loop), where the homun should try to walk to. 

#28 Damara

Damara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:38 PM

Walk-ahead isn't quite what I was asking...I was asking for clarification on how routes work. How I picture it is that once you've staked out a map and paced the checkpoints, the homunculus will walk along the programmed route, unless the chemist is stopped or fighting monsters? Because in this case the usefulness would parallel walk-ahead behavior for tanking purposes as long as you stayed a couple of steps behind. 

I guess I'm not asking about predictive walk-ahead behavior, but more like set behavior that the alchemist can tag along with. Honestly, I can't even picture how you'd set up true predictive behavior without incorporating the map layout somehow.

#29 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 09 July 2014 - 02:45 PM

To the extent that the homun can, it will try to follow the route. 

Of course, since it can't move beyond 15 cells, it can't go very far, unless the alchemist is moving, or it's an amistr with the appropriate option enabled to use castling (on mercenaries, you can auto-follow them - this was the original use-case, though I've rewritten the code from the ground up at least once). The amistr thing has never been tested. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users