• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Feiii

Feiii

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:47 AM

So.....been wondering, does soul crafting from regular to advanced breaks still applies now? Or did they they removed that feature/glitch. Came across a topic apropos to this matter.

And needed a clear clarification before tempering with the current soul crafting system any further.

#2 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:52 AM

It still happens it's just extremely rare

#3 arladk

arladk

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:02 AM

Wait what? Items have a slight chance to break, if attempted to increase the soul value from regular to advanced? Is this a bug, or is it actually intended? Sorry if I may seem ignorant, just came here roughly a day ago from gPotato.

Best regards Marc

#4 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:03 AM

Wait what? Items have a slight chance to break, if attempted to increase the soul value from regular to advanced? Is this a bug, or is it actually intended? Sorry if I may seem ignorant, just came here roughly a day ago from gPotato.

Best regards Marc

It's intended, and honestly it's only happened literally a handful of time in DS existence at least for NaDS. It's something like a .X% chance to break.

#5 Ring

Ring

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • LocationWindy Farm

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:10 AM

Never broke any of my gears from regular to advance soul crafting.  Sometimes, it took more than 15 times to advance from regular value though... With that being said, whats the soul craft success rate - reg to adv, adv to special , special to arti, arti to legend? 

#6 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:21 AM

Never broke any of my gears from regular to advance soul crafting.  Sometimes, it took more than 15 times to advance from regular value though... With that being said, whats the soul craft success rate - reg to adv, adv to special , special to arti, arti to legend? 

Reg->Adv 20%
Adv->Spec 15%
Spec->Arti 10%
Arti->Legend 5%

#7 Ring

Ring

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • LocationWindy Farm

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:04 PM

Reg->Adv 20%
Adv->Spec 15%
Spec->Arti 10%
Arti->Legend 5%

Thanks! No wonder it's so hard to advance soul values. :p_sick: I guess enchanting rate would be just as low :p_sleep:

#8 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 02 July 2014 - 04:29 PM

Thanks! No wonder it's so hard to advance soul values. :p_sick: I guess enchanting rate would be just as low :p_sleep:

Enchanting actually isn't bad until +14 or higher.

It starts out something like +0->+1 = 90-98% then begins it's declining into low values.

I think +19->+20 on armor is somewhere under 1% while it's even lower on weapons.

#9 Feiii

Feiii

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:21 PM

Gonna be preparing extra IS for those burdensome to obtain equips.

#10 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:34 PM

For enchanting 0->1 is 95%

19->20 is 1-5% (I lean more towards 5% because of how many +20s there are in the game)

#11 SoFunMeh

SoFunMeh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:47 AM

average how many tries from special > artifact?

#12 yurioj75

yurioj75

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 408 posts
  • LocationAssindia, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:23 AM

For enchanting 0->1 is 95%

19->20 is 1-5% (I lean more towards 5% because of how many +20s there are in the game)

That means statistically every 20th to 100th try is successful from 19 to 20...

Are the developers crazy? Do you know how many insurrance scrolls are needed then to advance a e.g. weapon from 6 - 20 ?

That's ridiculous...

That's the reason, why I ever (also on the EU-Servers) enchanted all my stuff only to +5... 

with a few exceptions using just event scrolls (and the ones bought in the open market from other players).

That is just way too expensive for a "normal" player who has a real life, a family and bills to pay...

Edited by yurioj75, 03 July 2014 - 03:23 AM.

#13 arladk

arladk

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:05 AM

Sure, +20 ruined the game, but it keeps the money flowing, and therefore the server running. Not like we could complain a whole damn lot about it. But I agree, it's not really affordable if you have a life besides the game, and don't devote all your time and effort into it. It'd be interesting to know the price range you have to spend to achieve the +20 enchant.

#14 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:14 AM

Somewhere between $100-200. Though now it's more like $20 cause soul and enchanting shifting is amazing

and tbh some classes benefit more form soul crafting that enchanting to +20 for the most part, for example most ranger skills go off base weapon damage which can only be increased  through soul crafting and 16-20 enchanting, while other class such as savage gain large boosts from 1-20 enchanting since most their skills go off total weapon damage.

Edited by StormHaven, 03 July 2014 - 05:21 AM.

#15 ohsnap

ohsnap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:59 AM

I've had instances where I +20 from 19 in 1 try. In the end it's all still chance. Just hope lady luck is on your side. Also don't forget we were once at a stage where we had half the insurance for the price we are paying now. 5 for 100 im. Going to 20 has become considerably reasonable compare to before. In all honesty I find +20-ing an item to be cheaper than soul crafting at least. In terms off gold you end up spending a lot on souls. In terms of cash you might want perfect stats on legend and spend a lot on randomizers or resoulcrafting your item. At least getting to +20 is a straight forward goal.

#16 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:13 AM

Somewhere between $100-200. Though now it's more like $20 cause soul and enchanting shifting is amazing

Enchanting Shifting is much better than Soulcraft Shifting.

I've turned 5 Pieces of an Elga set and a leftover Elga Wing, all +20, into the 6 pieces of Hero Galaxia I wear now all at +16-19. Then I proceeded to finish them off at a lower and reasonable rate. 1 insurance per shift attempt minimum. All it ended up costing me was the money I lost from Sockets on those Elga pieces. Some pieces I finished right away while others I got to use the +20 event to finish. All it costed me was a handful of insurance and the enchant shifting marbles. Enchant shifting was how majority of the server transfered their godly elga sets into godly Galaxia sets as well as the cheapest means of Zauharant->Elemental Elga.

I just wish Soulcraft shifting could use Normal Insurance as well. Because people never use it due to it requiring it's own insurance which very few even have. Also it's rates are extremely low for artifact/legend shifting.

I've had instances where I +20 from 19 in 1 try. In the end it's all still chance. Just hope lady luck is on your side. Also don't forget we were once at a stage where we had half the insurance for the price we are paying now. 5 for 100 im. Going to 20 has become considerably reasonable compare to before. In all honesty I find +20-ing an item to be cheaper than soul crafting at least. In terms off gold you end up spending a lot on souls. In terms of cash you might want perfect stats on legend and spend a lot on randomizers or resoulcrafting your item. At least getting to +20 is a straight forward goal.

Soulcrafting does seem more expensive. Take any level 70+ weapon. A soul stack just for Advance>Special, slightly over 2 stacks for artifact, and about 3400 souls (Nearly 3 and a half stacks) for Legend. And the initial chances with the gold costs. I've re-legended my Zauharant three times because it was just too good to randomize and I regretted it whenever I rolled Intellect or Max/Min Magic Attack.

Enchanting isn't as bad as anyone can put 600-1000g into an enchanting spree and if lucky have some beautiful results. Where Soulcrafting 600-1000g often gets wiped instantly once you've entered endgame.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users