July 4th Quest Level Request - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

July 4th Quest Level Request

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 05 July 2014 - 05:39 AM

Would be possible to put a level requerires for the new July 4th Quest?

I have seen MANY people with novice characters doing the quest in autofollow -.-

i mean, WTF, will be so easy? really? no effort for the new quest???

GMs should think about it, what's the point of making the quest non-repeatable if its so easy bypass by creating a new character, do the quest, delete and remake a character?

Edited by S207, 05 July 2014 - 06:43 AM.

#2 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 05 July 2014 - 06:05 AM

totally agree, level 70 will be sufficient tho (celebrate this as new task of graduating from janeway). cant imagine those hats overflow the markets since it is so damn easy to farm them.

#3 Alicia

Alicia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1912 posts
  • LocationLocation Location
  • Server:Disconnected

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:08 AM

The damage is already probably done.

What next?!

#4 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:55 AM

well, they can fix it next maintenance

#5 chomiczek

chomiczek

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:23 AM

By the way, hats got released, but what about accesories?

#6 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:28 AM

wich accesories?

#7 GreenIvy

GreenIvy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:49 AM

if you read the inubashiri thread you will see there is an accessory for each class that form a combo with the hat, which eventually boosts the effect further

#8 AmonRA

AmonRA

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1927 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:30 PM

Complaining about is easy?

Anyway, I dont think a lot people make new chars for this (well maybe for get ranger hat), because:

1.- Jump event (most people already have 3~9 accounts with chars lv 70+, 3 chars per account~9 for VIP.)

2.- 4 hats already in the server before this quest (AB, Wanderer, WL and Sorcerer) for free (Event) and KPs.

What is the problem? a lot hats in the server? already cheap? is that a problem? for me is fine, i can upgrade them without Headgear certs, is more cheap and easy.

This quest made for EVERYONE can get those hats and lvling in a alternative build, not for you get rich selling them.

#9 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:39 PM

I think the seeds are the bigger issue.

#10 AmonRA

AmonRA

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1927 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:52 PM

i have already 870 Ygg seeds xD

#11 GreenIvy

GreenIvy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:05 PM

there are already tons of bots hunting seed prior to the existence of this quest. no need to worry.

#12 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:15 AM

Complaining about is easy?

Anyway, I dont think a lot people make new chars for this (well maybe for get ranger hat), because:

1.- Jump event (most people already have 3~9 accounts with chars lv 70+, 3 chars per account~9 for VIP.)

2.- 4 hats already in the server before this quest (AB, Wanderer, WL and Sorcerer) for free (Event) and KPs.

What is the problem? a lot hats in the server? already cheap? is that a problem? for me is fine, i can upgrade them without Headgear certs, is more cheap and easy.

This quest made for EVERYONE can get those hats and lvling in a alternative build, not for you get rich selling them.

You mean 3~9 WP accounts. With only 1 WP account, you get three accounts. One character in-game at a time per account, meaning one main and two characters on auto-follow. I've seen more. A lot more. Like ~10 on auto follow at a time, which means a MINIMUM of 3 WP accounts (27 characters total on all RO accounts from three non-VIP WP accounts.)

And I'm betting past events lead up to the increase in these alt accounts. First, they were all created to hoard takyoki. Second, they leveled them all, ~9-27 characters in probably 1-3 sessions to level 70 using Jumping Janeway. Now, even if you increase the level req to 70, we'll still have huge parties running around on auto follow. Should make the level requirement level 80. Want the hats so bad? Go ahead and level all 81 of your characters from level 70 to 80.

Personally, I never understood why a level 50 would have to try to kill level 90 mobs, mini-bosses or MVPs for level 50 gear, but in an event like this, with level 100 gear, they open the flood gates for level 1 novices and up.

Edited by belld1711, 07 July 2014 - 12:17 AM.

#13 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:24 AM

Would be possible to put a level requerires for the new July 4th Quest?

I have seen MANY people with novice characters doing the quest in autofollow -.-

i mean, WTF, will be so easy? really? no effort for the new quest???

GMs should think about it, what's the point of making the quest non-repeatable if its so easy bypass by creating a new character, do the quest, delete and remake a character?

it is already too late imo for a lvl req to be added on.

form the start this quest should have had a lvl70 req and the hats given are to the class that complete the quest.

#14 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:29 AM

the randomization was what forced many people go create novices for a chance to get the hat they want.  for people complaining that the value of the hats went down the toilet, making money off this was not the point of the event.  there are better and faster ways for people to get cash.

#15 9667131108234718310

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:00 PM

the randomization was what forced many people go create novices for a chance to get the hat they want.  for people complaining that the value of the hats went down the toilet, making money off this was not the point of the event.  there are better and faster ways for people to get cash.

Between my GF and I.
18 main vip chars + 9 chars from jumping janeway and no autumn hat.  So i had to resort to making novices to get the hat.  Was so frustrating but it paid off.

#16 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:23 PM

well, even putting a level will be helpful, coz its like, okay they have many characters at lv70 at least, but eventually will run out of characters and will have to wait at least till level other characters to lv70 to restart again.

I mean, wont be like "ok, im done with this novice 1/1, lets delete it and start again".

And yeah, the seeds will be a problem, people can just farm them with 20 bread and 5 grapes and an acolyte warping direct from izlude to comodo.

I really think that if the quest will stay after the maintenance, it should have a level request, just like the dragon helm quest, I have seen in that period many characters in autofollow as well, but come on! need to be at least lv60 and even with that wasnt too crowded like this quest.

This time just need novices 1/1?? 

Seriously GMs: think about that

#17 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 05:10 AM

This. If the hats were awarded to the class that completed the quest, people wouldn't need to keep making alts to get their class hat.

Overall enjoying the quests though, its made for a good event with a couple bumps along the way

#18 vbc486

vbc486

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:42 AM

Between my GF and I.
18 main vip chars + 9 chars from jumping janeway and no autumn hat.  So i had to resort to making novices to get the hat.  Was so frustrating but it paid off.

LOL 18 vip mains and too broke to afford a ranger hat hahahaha

#19 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:49 AM

The quest will have a 70+ requirement as of today's maintenance.

#20 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:47 AM

so who's alt account are you?

#21 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX

Posted 09 July 2014 - 11:34 AM

The quest will have a 70+ requirement as of today's maintenance.

Thank you!

#22 9667131108234718310

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 11:49 AM

Hey! 60-100mil may not sound like a lot to you, but its still several days of playing for us to save up that much... for 1!  We dont hoard zeny either because we are in our 8th month of play and we still dont have all the gears we want for all of our chars.

And I did end up buying one, and getting one from the box.  So we each have one now.

#23 hmc317

hmc317

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1461 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:04 PM

+1 to the level req

i knew this was gonna happen today. So i took all my lvl 10 novice alts and went through the quest like normal. Who needs autofollow when you can kill megaladons yourself =p
Peco hat
wcp
+12 rwc knife
+200 hp armor
fs faw
+400 hp shoes
2x rwc rings
200 fresh fish and 50 flywings

xD

#24 Olroxity

Olroxity

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 01:28 PM

16 characters +70 no autumn hat so bad... thanks for the level 70 cap. So broke....

#25 neko1231

neko1231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 01:30 PM

before the thread is locked 

yay 

two char all get the harvester hat darn :sob:

0 user(s) are reading this topic