9 replies to this topic

#1 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 July 2014 - 03:16 AM

Inspired by this topic, I'd like to propose a method of gaining HD Ore in-game while still benefiting WP through additional VIP incentives. My idea is as follows.

An NPC located in northeast Manuk will ask the player to complete a short quest.

This NPC will first request 20 Oridecon, along with kill counts for 10 Dimik (Blue), 10 Dimik (Green), 10 Dimik (Orange) and 10 Dimik (Red). Upon returning, it will request 20 Elunium and additional kill counts for 10 Venatu (Blue), 10 Venatu (Green), 10 Venatu (Orange), 10 Venatu (Purple) and 1 Archdam

Following a 2nd return to this NPC with the above counts and materials, it will ask for 20 Bradium and 20 Carnium alongside a few final kill counts, for 50 Bradium Golem, 50 Knocker and 1 Bow Guardian.

After the completion of this quest, the player will be given the opportunity to 'compress' granulated versions of standard ores (Granulated Oridecon, Elunium, Bradium and Carnium), into the High Density equivalents of those ores using a hidden NPC located inside one of the "machines" in man_in01.

To access this machine NPC, the player must pay the original quest NPC a "bribe" of 50,000 zeny to look the other way while you use it. This must be paid for each subsequent use of the machine, but so long as you've already activated the machine NPC dialogue and have additional granulated ores to compress in your inventory, it will count as 1 use (functioning similarly to refinement NPCs).

Granulated ores are obtainable from the original NPC, who will issue additional kill count quests that, upon, completion, will reward a PPD0H3C.png box of 25/50 granulated ores. This box may be traded. Once opened, the granulated ores inside are account bound. 

The kill count quests to obtain granulated ores are as follows:

25 Granulated Oridecon: 50 Kasa, 50 Imp

50 Granulated Oridecon: 100 Kasa, 100 Imp

25 Granulated Elunium: 50 Rake Horn Scaraba, 50 Antler Scaraba

50 Granulated Elunium: 100 Rake Horn Scaraba, 100 Antler Scaraba

25 Granulated Bradium: 50 Dolomedes, 50 Centipede

50 Granulated Bradium: 100 Dolomedes, 100 Centipede

25 Granulated Carnium: 50 Banshee, 50 Flame Skull

50 Granulated Carnium: 100 Banshee, 100 Flame Skull

These quests have a level prerequisite of 125. Only one quest may be taken at a time. Once completed, each quest has a cooldown of 23 hours.

The proposed granulated ore conversion rate is:

50 eYxk12A.png Granulated Oridecon = 1 TXt0Dec.png HD Oridecon

50 oBoneyL.png Granulated Elunium = 1 Ttnk14o.png HD Elunium

50 sGb58Iu.png Granulated Bradium = 1 RXJn59h.png HD Bradium

50 HWaGJcN.png Granulated Carnium = 1 udUJ2XT.png HD Carnium

The proposed chance of successful conversion is:

50% non-VIP

80% VIP

Upon failure, the NPC will return:

0-eYxk12A.png Oridecon per attempt at TXt0Dec.png HD Oridecon

0-oBoneyL.png Elunium per attempt at Ttnk14o.png HD Elunium

@ 0 = 80%, 1 = 10%, 2 = 7%, 3 = 3%.

0-sGb58Iu.png Bradium per attempt at RXJn59h.png HD Bradium

0-HWaGJcN.png Carnium per attempt at udUJ2XT.png HD Carnium

@ 0 = 90%, 1 = 7%, 2 = 3%.

Thoughts and amendments anyone?

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 07 July 2014 - 03:10 PM.

#2 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9313 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:18 AM

Converting in-game farmable items to cash shop items = bad idea. Bots would be farming these materials more than they already do and make even more profit. It's a nice thought, but in my opinion way too many things could go wrong with it.

#3 EveGenesis

EveGenesis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 750 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 06 July 2014 - 05:26 AM

maybe making a random math test in there >.>they can't program bot to do math test that is random right .-.?like 100 different question

#4 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9313 posts
  • LocationBehind you?

Posted 06 July 2014 - 05:37 AM

maybe making a random math test in there >.>they can't program bot to do math test that is random right .-.?like 100 different question

Collecting the ores doesn't require them to do a math test.... Bot collect 30,000 ores> gives to player> player changes to hd ores.

#5 EveGenesis

EveGenesis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 750 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:37 AM

Collecting the ores doesn't require them to do a math test.... Bot collect 30,000 ores> gives to player> player changes to hd ores.

what if we make them account bound :x?

#6 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9313 posts
  • LocationBehind you?

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:07 AM

what if we make them account bound :x?

Person that uses bot to farm thousands of ores to make tons of hd ores overupgrades weapons with the ores and sells them as weapons instead then.

And HD ores are already account bound outside of boxes anyhow.

Edited by KriticalAssassin, 06 July 2014 - 07:07 AM.

#7 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 03:37 PM

Do we have the ability to add new items into the game?

I was thinking that the quest NPC could give you additional kill counts for high-tier mobs that drop ores (regular ores wouldn't be usable with the machine, this is just an excuse for the quest targets), and upon completion of those counts, the NPC would reward you with a variable quantity of "granulated oridecon/elunium/bradium/carnium" relative to the number of kills. These granulated ores would be account bound, and can only be used with the machine NPC (instead of normal ores). The kill count quest would have a cooldown of 23 hours, and would require a prerequisite level of 125 (you couldn't possibly complete the kill counts at a lower level anyway, and this prevents dragging alts through).

Using these granulated ores would have the same conversion rate as I stated in the OP, being 20=1 or 10=1 at the same success rates, being 50% non-VIP or 80% VIP.

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 06 July 2014 - 03:39 PM.

#8 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:38 PM

how about just making HD and enriched ores tradeable outside of boxes... i have a tone of ores sitting in my storage that ill never use that i would love to sell... since i dont like gambling on upgrading these things are just rotting in my storage...

#9 Gabohollow

Gabohollow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:25 PM

i like the "granulated ores" idea and requiering to kill high-tier mobs (should be something bots can´t like bio 3 or 4 mobs or maybe the buffed mobs from hall of abbys duns even the ones from mora).

But im really trying to figure out how to help low-level characters to help in this...not making them very rich but giving another way to earn zeny, like the quest asking form certains items or something but the Bot problem its what makes me bother becuase if a low level char can a bot can. Maybe something that have to be in party with more low levels so in that way we can encourage to do more partys and everyone get some profits (like ET but for lows, i mean not another instance just a little quest to gather this or kill this or both but need to be in a party).

well just some ideas to help community en general xD but anyway looks like a good idea if implemented well   :p_idea:

#10 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:10 PM

Updated with the granulated ore thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users