I have computer problems with my graphics card. - Off Topic - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

I have computer problems with my graphics card.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 LordKeith

LordKeith

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:09 AM

So i'm unable to even play the game. Reason i'm able to be on here cause i'm at (safe mode networking) while I'm not in safe mode, the screen go's black while after the welcome screen.. When I disable the driver, there was no black screen so able to use win7 with out safemode. However the network wireless doesn't work.

It just unfair that's happening now. I don't know if it's coincidence because I clicked world of warcraft then let the game update. After I had to update the card. When I knew I was getting a blue screen from the 307.83 software on my geforce 3800 gs.

What I don't like is I have to miss the events. And i'm unable to make zenny and let people on my friends list the reason i'm M.I.A

#2 TontonAlarcon

TontonAlarcon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:33 AM

try doing a system restore to a date when your pc is working fine. if that doesn't help, try installing your GPU's CD driver and try again. if all else fails, then you might have to reformat.

#3 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:45 AM

O.O are you using a GeForce 3800 GS? I just want to check if you are really using a 14 year old GPU.

Typically if you are experiencing an issues after a driver update, you should rollback the driver to the previous version. You should also cleanly uninstall the previous drivers. There are guides online on how to cleanly remove NVidia Drivers as it is quite involved.

#4 Kiyoka

Kiyoka

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Location小田原
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:23 AM

So i'm unable to even play the game. Reason i'm able to be on here cause i'm at (safe mode networking) while I'm not in safe mode, the screen go's black while after the welcome screen.. When I disable the driver, there was no black screen so able to use win7 with out safemode. However the network wireless doesn't work.

It just unfair that's happening now. I don't know if it's coincidence because I clicked world of warcraft then let the game update. After I had to update the card. When I knew I was getting a blue screen from the 307.83 software on my geforce 3800 gs.

What I don't like is I have to miss the events. And i'm unable to make zenny and let people on my friends list the reason i'm M.I.A

omg a wow player...

#5 LordKeith

LordKeith

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 08:27 AM

try doing a system restore to a date when your pc is working fine. if that doesn't help, try installing your GPU's CD driver and try again. if all else fails, then you might have to reformat.

I just reformatted the hdd then used a original image.. The graphics card still did that. Well at first it was the blue screen while the card was updated to 307.83.. Regardless what update I received. I still got the blue screen while clicking a video which I had downloaded. However if I didn't update the drive, I could click a downloaded video and didn't had any problems.

Now I just have issues with the screen going black. There is nothing wrong with my monitor at all, infact I tried another monitor before. So I disable the graphics card. I have no issues. It wasn't the card it self. It's the software that microsoft gave. I tried to delete the microsoft drivers before. Difficult to find the. So they don't install while the card is installed.

O.O are you using a GeForce 3800 GS? I just want to check if you are really using a 14 year old GPU.

Typically if you are experiencing an issues after a driver update, you should rollback the driver to the previous version. You should also cleanly uninstall the previous drivers. There are guides online on how to cleanly remove NVidia Drivers as it is quite involved.

Sadly yes i'm using that one. I never had and issue with it, even when I have used windows 7 beta. However once I installed windows 7. Then I was getting problems maybe couple month later? I have tried the rollback before, and clean unstall using a program to really take everything out that's nvidia... I think it could be a conflict? As again, I didn't had no issues while I was using windows xp at the time.

Also I don't really play any graphics games at all. That's why I bother not to upgrade. If it's really the card it self and not the windows 7. Then I would buy a new card for my motherboard. But if I did. I would need a specific card for my mother board which is a k8v-x..

omg a wow player...

Indeed i've played wow back then. I have stopped playing when I realize it... Frozen thrown, ya I liked it good concept. But the game was way too easy. I mean if they didn't decide to remove everything that made burning crusade a really good game. Then fronzen thrown would of been awesome.

I was at the era when Normal mounts were at level 40. I was a night elf, level 40 first my first riding skill, first mount, first double handed skill... I saved all that gold too. With out begging and asking for help.

#6 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:28 PM

It's Windows 7. There really is not a difference between Windows 7 or Windows Vista. Chances are you don't meet the necessary requirements to run the OS and NVidia has stopped supporting your card.

#7 LordKeith

LordKeith

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:11 AM

It's Windows 7. There really is not a difference between Windows 7 or Windows Vista. Chances are you don't meet the necessary requirements to run the OS and NVidia has stopped supporting your card.

307.83 was the last update for that card. The graphics card was working top notch when the old updates had all those features which I liked. Now they've remove most of all those features. My OS (operating system) meets the requirements to run win 7 and other software. It's their software that ruin it, the card is fine.

When i'm running the NVidia software. I use to get a blue screen when I clicked a downloaded video.. Or I would get on the bottom right corner about the nvidia pause then restored it self, something like that. Now I get a black screen everytime I run windows (with out safemode) However with safemode I don't have a black screen. Hence the software of NVidia that's doing that.

It could be my registry, a conflict of an old driver, mother board graphics driver. Like I have mention I never had any problems with win xp.

What i'm going to do when I have time. Is use my original install image for win 7. Just to see if it's the registry or something else... I'm going to look for the NVidia cd. I think I have it in a box or something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users