Class Specific Headgear Foundry - Autumn Hairband - Page 3 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Class Specific Headgear Foundry - Autumn Hairband

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
212 replies to this topic

#51 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:49 PM

Autumn Hairband [1]

Ranged Damage -90%.

When receiving damage, there is a 3% chance to increase ATK by 200 for 5 seconds.

For every 2 refinements of the hat past 6, increase rate of activation by 1%.

If refinement is +7 or higher, Increase ATK by 10 for every 20 base INT.

If refinement is +9 or higher, increase recovery rate of healing items by 100%.

When the headgear is unequipped, drain 4000 HP and 400 SP.

If the +10 "bonus" were to be like that, a 10% rate would probably be better. You don't Want to be getting hit as a ranger, even with reduction gears. Also, the effect should last for more than 5 seconds, you need time to set traps and run mobs into it (consider old school trap chaining).  Anywhere between 10-20 would work good for allowing adequate time to set traps.

The +9 bonus should also have something additional. Either another damage reduction for more survivability, or a damage increase to traps. I would suggest a possibility as I suggested earlier of a def/mdef reduction to those hit by traps, though I'm not sure if this effect could be worked into a hat or if it would need to be a skill change.

If that doesn't work, someone said on the first page to double the effect of trap research. If this is possible, it would also be a good +9 bonus. If they get an effective level 10 trap research, it would add +400 to the trap damage formula (instead of 200), +10 int (instead of 5), a bit more SP, and 5 to trap setting range (instead of 3). That wouldn't really be overpowered or underpowered for a +9 bonus.

#52 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:49 PM

also consider assist ability as stated on my proposal: reduce aftercast delay of maze trap, magenta trap, verdure trap, cobalt trap, and keen nose by 1 sec.

#53 ShinKokuryuu

ShinKokuryuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 12:13 AM

Just saying, but we should decide on a universally agreed-on effect for 1 hat instead of making lots of suggestions to choose from.

We should also keep in mind that this is 1 single headgear, and it's not appropriate for it to give too many effects.

Following the convention of the hats so far, it should just be 3 effects total: 1 default, 1 at +7, and 1 at +9.

We need to consolidate the ideas into 1 hat that is acceptable so that Oda knows what we want for the hat and can request the change quickly.

Currently we have so many ideas that it would be hard to pick one from all of them. Maybe we should decide on the first effect only first, then the 2nd one, etc to keep it more organized?

#54 st4rw4k3r

st4rw4k3r

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 09:09 AM

As stated before, it does more than increase the damage of the traps when you add 150 INT to the character. It has a potential for unseen abuse, especially with future content from kRO. Its ultimately a bad idea.

Be a little more creative. There are other ways to make trap leveling incentivized other than increasing damage. For example, "Ranged Damage -90%. Increase the healing rate of 'meat' by +400%. When receiving damage, there is a high chance to receive DEF +1500 for 10 seconds. When unequipped, drains 4000 HP." (the last part to de-incentivize equipping the hat just to pot and then taking it off).

So oh, there, you have a headgear that makes a trap ranger super tanky for mobs and easy to heal on the cheap. Lots of noobs will go trap build just to solo cheap&easy. This leaves AS for the turn ins, a separate use/build.

I like this idea over increasing the INT by large sums

So something like this would be nice:

Autumn Hairband [1]
     -20% to Ranged Damage
     Further decreases Ranged Damage by 5% per upgrade
     +1000% Recovery rate of Milk

if refined to +7
     Increase ATK by 2 for every 5 base INT

if refined to +9
     When taking physical damage theres a 5% chance to gain 1000 DEF for 10 seconds

The healing rate for Milk will go from 27-37 to 270-370, which is around the same range as the Red Prickly Fruit. Milk weighs 3, therefor the Healing/Weight is about 106, just a bit above Yellow Condensed Potions.

Having the healing effect be the first gain from the hat will increase surviving and motivate players into wearing the hat. Also, throwing in the ranged damage decrease right away will push for a non-bow based build, such as traps.

The def increase should reduce damage to about 1/3 of what it would normally be. Maybe this is too strong? I found the 1500 to be too high as it would reduce to below 1/3.

Edited by st4rw4k3r, 12 July 2014 - 09:25 AM.

#55 zefram

zefram

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1262 posts
  • Server:valkyre

Posted 12 July 2014 - 11:33 AM

i don't get why "atk" is commonly proposed with the ranger hat.Its contribution to trap damage is very very little,so little that even 500 atk means pretty much nthing  and atk from gears does not boost warg damage neither.

Atk boost coupled with ranged attack penalty is like, giving one and taking one.

#56 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 July 2014 - 12:17 PM

i still like my hat sugestion e_e

#57 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 12 July 2014 - 03:31 PM

Autumn Hairband [1]
     -20% to Ranged Damage

if refined to +7

if refined to +9

The healing rate for Milk will go from 27-37 to 270-370, which is around the same range as the Red Prickly Fruit. Milk weighs 3, therefor the Healing/Weight is about 106, just a bit above Yellow Condensed Potions.

Having the healing effect be the first gain from the hat will increase surviving and motivate players into wearing the hat. Also, throwing in the ranged damage decrease right away will push for a non-bow based build, such as traps.

The def increase should reduce damage to about 1/3 of what it would normally be. Maybe this is too strong? I found the 1500 to be too high as it would reduce to below 1/3.

I like this proposal

#58 Energystar

Energystar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 04:01 PM

Autumn Hairband [1]
     -70% to Ranged Damage

Increase ATK by 5 for every 5 base INT

if refined to +7
     Nullifies item cost for any trap when use with black wing set

if refined to +9
     Using trap not cancel camouflage when use with black wing set

should be great ^^

#59 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 12 July 2014 - 04:06 PM

Autumn Hairband [1]
     -70% to Ranged Damage

Increase ATK by 5 for every 5 base INT

if refined to +7
     Nullifies item cost for any trap when use with black wing set --- impossible to script.

if refined to +9
     Using trap not cancel camouflage when use with black wing set --- impossible to script.

should be great ^^

#60 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 04:13 PM

sad :wah:

#61 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 12 July 2014 - 05:38 PM

The Ranger hat is way too OP. I never got one shot by Arrow Storm in WOE before, but today I got one shotted multiple times.

#62 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 12 July 2014 - 06:04 PM

Autumn Hairband [1]
     -20% to Ranged Damage

if refined to +7

if refined to +9

I like the idea of instead of increasing Fire Trap and Ice Trap damage, the ability to increase Survivability, but the Milk bonus is too low to even be plausible and the 1000 DEF at a chance is just crazy.

Autumn Hairband [1]

-20% to Ranged Damage

Reduces damage from all monsters except Boss by 2% per upgrade, til an upgrade of +10

if refined to +7

Increases Bomb Cluster damage by 50%

if refined to +9

Increases effectiveness of Healing Items by 100%    
     If user's Base INT is 77 or higher increase SP Recovery Rate by 50%

Edited by Riakuta, 13 July 2014 - 12:00 PM.

#63 Mulder1

Mulder1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1610 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 06:31 PM

I wasn't really counting gramps at all.

With renewal, the magic formula changed immensely. All magic classes got nerfed. Sorc's still got good damage combined with survivability. Warlocks on the other hand are no longer the glass cannons they were pre-renewal, are the glass before the cannon can fire. Their survivability is atrocious. Their solo capability is low, and to even have a chance at solo survival they HAVE to sacrifice skills to get safety wall, which of course they have to cast over and over and over and over on top of casting skills. Their only defense is literally safety wall with the introduction of fixed casting and the change to the magic formula.

As kRO wont remove the fixed casting, and they wont increase WL HP, the next best thing is these hats to help them. I know what changes I would like to see to the WL hat, but it would be more damage focused, rather than survivability focused.

My proposals to the WL hat would be to add a skill that works like the sura zen, and cast all 4 summon elements at once. If an effect/skill wasn't added in this hat, then it should be added asap in the WL skill list.

The other thing I would propose to it was either an increase from 5% to 10% on the elemental damage skills, OR a cooldown reduction/cast reduction to Comet AND a CDR/cast reduction to Tetra.

Indeed. I agree with you on having a MATK increase of at least +5% for the all around spells.

Having a +10% damage on all warlock spells if hat is +7 and +10% matk if hat is +9 would make it a better choice than old moon rabbit hat.

#64 st4rw4k3r

st4rw4k3r

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 09:00 PM

I like the idea of instead of increasing Fire Trap and Ice Trap damage, the ability to increase Survivability, but the Milk bonus is too low to even be plausible and the 1000 DEF at a chance is just crazy.

Autumn Hairband [1]

-20% to Ranged Damage

Reduces damage from all monsters except Boss by 4% per upgrade

if refined to +7

if refined to +9

Adds a 5% chance to receive 2% of damage back as SP

I like this, but I feel like the SP leech as an addition is just a bit too much for a single hat.

And perhaps instead of all healing items increased by 100%, we should focus on a single item. I liked Milk because you could readily buy it, and it weighed more than Carrots, Eggs and Pumpkins, which all have been or are items that have increased restoration if a certain headgear is worn. I feel like an enormous boost to all healing items would really be unbalanced.

Edit:

And instead of SP leech, what if we boost the SP restoration with certain SP items. On that same thought, what if we boost the restoration of both SP and HP that a single item gives, such as Red Prickly Fruit or Honey. This would remove the need to have an HP recovery item and SP leech.

Edited by st4rw4k3r, 13 July 2014 - 01:27 AM.

#65 sug4r

sug4r

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • Server:and Rose Online

Posted 13 July 2014 - 04:48 AM

So this means in the near future the effect of Autumn hat will be changed? Or is there a chance that it will still remain as the current one's?

**im planning to buy one +9, but after reading the possible changes, i will just withdraw from buying one.

#66 Energystar

Energystar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:11 AM

Hope no change

#67 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 13 July 2014 - 06:45 AM

hope for change

#68 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 07:41 AM

This hat should have a rideword effect on it,

#69 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:22 AM

Autumn Hairband [1]

-20% to Ranged Damage

Reduces damage from all monsters except Boss by 4% per upgrade

if refined to +7

if refined to +9

Adds a 5% chance to receive 2% of damage back as SP

I got a problem with race or element treduction on the headgear-- and that is you can get -100% from any race or element and take 0 damage from mobs. That's not what the hat should do by a longshot. The proc of 1000 DEF would give you like 50-60% damage reduction from all monsters.

#70 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1801 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:33 AM

I forgot to put until an upgrade of +10

40% reduction against all race on a headgear doesn't seem op to you?

Arrow Storm Ranger can in fact one shot Bio 3 Monsters (& even Ancient Tree)

Not without Thanatos or Striking + Odin's Power.

#71 Hyperballad

Hyperballad

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 13 July 2014 - 12:14 PM

Autumn Hairband [1]

-20% to Ranged Damage

Reduces damage from all monsters except Boss by 2% per upgrade, til an upgrade of +10

if refined to +7

if refined to +9

If user's Base INT is 77 or higher increase SP Recovery Rate by 50%

Calm down. The point of these was to make non cookie-cutter builds more interesting, not to solve all of the character's problems in one gear slot.

#72 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 13 July 2014 - 12:36 PM

Calm down. The point of these was to make non cookie-cutter builds more interesting, not to solve all of the character's problems in one gear slot.

I forgot about that hehe.

Autumn Hairband [1]

Reduces Arrow Storm Damage by 5% per upgrade
     Reduces damage from all monsters except Boss by 5%
     Adds a 2% chance to drop Red Prickly Fruit when killing monsters

if refined to +7

Reduces damage from all monsters except Boss by additional 10%

if refined to +9

Not too powerful, but not too weak either right?

Edited by Riakuta, 13 July 2014 - 01:03 PM.

#73 zefram

zefram

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1262 posts
  • Server:valkyre

Posted 13 July 2014 - 12:58 PM

seriously.....ATK does not help trap damage nor the warg strike damage.Unless you expect rangers to poke  monsters with daggers,it is pointless to have ATK bonus.

#74 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 13 July 2014 - 02:18 PM

seriously.....ATK does not help trap damage nor the warg strike damage.Unless you expect rangers to poke  monsters with daggers,it is pointless to have ATK bonus.

I need to reiterate, warg does not need buffs. Whatsoever. It may even need a nerf, but that's not the topic here. If you're interested in how to break the game with a warg, look into Temporal Boots with the "lucky Day" enchant. The warg will come out every attack.

Attack does add very little to the ranger traps (in fact its almost additive, like +300 attack from gear would add maybe 300~500 damage to the trap explosion, depending on cards used). Actually, that's not that bad. Triggering 300 attack for a few seconds while tanking a mob, added with a dagger with +96% card mods and an endow/converter would be 1000~1150 damage added to the trap from its original ~4000, which would be a 25% increase in damage. That's not bad considering we want to move more toward survivability than damage increase.

#75 Pyroclastic

Pyroclastic

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 02:39 PM

I don't think the lack of survivability is the reason why people don't use trap build. We already have a lot of gears that can enhance the survivability. I'd rather use a witch pumpkin hat or a rideword hat and have the freedom to make an hybrid ranger than using a hat with the exact same effects that limit me to use a specific build.

What the hat really need is to enhance the power of traps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users