Public Awareness of RO - Page 5 - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 5 votes

Public Awareness of RO

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#101 HeIIraiser

HeIIraiser

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationUranus
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:44 PM

Girl's voice is hawt :p_love:

#102 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 18 July 2014 - 03:10 PM

the fact that we have Pservers being promoted on our FB page doesnt help us any

#103 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 18 July 2014 - 04:15 PM

Curious, is anything actually going to be done about how horribly outdated iRO is or are we stuck trying to attract players to a game that is not good enough to compete with other MMOs on the market?

It will happen very very slowly.  We'll get those updates about 3 years after RO development finally ends. :p_sad:

#104 Hyperballad

Hyperballad

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:35 AM

It's called passion. Passion is stronger then knowledge or money (volunteers vs professionals).

^

What this person said.

It all boils down to that. The passion to keep creating and growing will always be in favor of a pserver. That's because it's run by a handful of people who are all experienced players. Warpportal is an office, like any other. HR has to worry about laws and unions, not about hiring the person with the most knowledge of the elemental tables and time to come up with interesting events. 

Some other game companies make it seem a lot more effortless, it seems like you're dealing with a nerdy guy like you who's really into the game. It always a big disappointment when I send a ticket to WP and the guy responding to it has no idea of what I'm talking about.

I've had a love-hate relationship with iRO since I've migrated here. For me, the most frustrating thing (and what I think is the main issue) is knowing that I'm not dealing with the game's developers. I still think the 'Suggestions' forum could be deleted, as 90% of the people posting don't seem to realise WP can't create or change things (Chaos Renewal) big waste of time and good ideas. 

The main fault of course goes to Gravity Korea - the ultimate archetype of the "hard to reach, stick in the mud Asian company", or maybe to WP for not being able to re-negotiate their contract.

What I mean to say is yes, improvements can be made to everything except (most of the) the game content itself, which is frustrating. The question is if WP cares about this game or just intends to milk it for money, while a few individuals within the office go out of their way to reach out to the community, as I'm sure some do in good faith.

Some suggestions:

Social media. Do you have the people and the time to manage it? You have a FB / Twitter / other account? What are they for and how are they different? Are you doing the same thing and reaching for the same public? Then all but one of them are useless. You can keep people visiting by giving each channel a specific purpose. Twitter could be used for Q&A sessions, answering game mechanics questions etc., giving away item codes etc.

The website. Good to see there is a plan for change. Irowiki could be made an integral part of it. There's already good suggestions in the appropriate thread. 

Also, I hope you've realised that it is expected nowadays that you share information about game mechanics. The whole discourse of "we're not saying what exactly this cash shop item does" is borderline illegal. Please reconsider your policy and establish and item database and oh my god FIX THE ITEM/SKILL DESCRIPTIONS.

#105 Chrispy

Chrispy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 02:32 PM

Giving this a bump as this is a topic that really needs to be addressed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users