#1 Xogroroth

Xogroroth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationBelgium, Antwerp
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:38 AM

I made a character on Trifri, entered the game, that all works.

When I try to enter Nova however, I get: "Cannot Connect To Server, Please Try To Log In Later".

Nova refuses connection.

Please advice?

#2 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:43 AM

Try restarting your PC and clear any bad juju.

#3 Xogroroth

Xogroroth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:35 AM

I tried about everything, Nova is a no-go.

I do not have any "bad juju" on my system (I scan every 2 weeks manually, twice a week automatically, both for adware/very bad juju).

Nova seems greyed out?

Question: if I can enter Trifri, then I should be able to enter Nova as well, nea?

So, why can't I enter Nova?

Trifri works just perfect....

Edited by Xogroroth, 11 July 2014 - 01:14 AM.

#4 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:03 AM

I think the bug might be you simply cannot create characters on Nova currently. You will need a GM to help you resolve that issue.

#5 Xogroroth

Xogroroth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 06:49 AM

How can I get in touch with one, please?

#6 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:25 AM

support.warpportal.com

#7 zombi3

zombi3

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 01:37 PM

I was thinking about this for a while, this morning. I think the issue is being over complicated. The issue is that the facebook based server is having issues, while the client based one is working fine, both on facebook & client. So maybe instead of trying hard to find a solution for the facebook server, create a client based server named nova, transfer the facebook nova players to the client based nova server & then both servers should work properly, without deterring new players from going to pve server.  Just a theory.

#8 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:20 PM

There really is not any difference between how the Facebook and Client/WebClient work. The changes were to the login process. For the facebook version you auto login.

There are 3 main issues that are related to this transfer. The actual game account for facebook users is difficult to obtain. The facebook users have gotten the no such id exists error since the merge. New players cannot start on Nova.

I think what you said would actually work. But they would have to recreate the method for facebook players to login. I'm not sure if it was the Korean Devs or US Devs responsible for the Facebook implementation. However, the issue is definitely with the implementation. There were also similar issues with the Warp Portal Desktop client where it loses connection to the login server. There have also been issues recently of the account server acting very slowly. So my guess is that a real solution to all these issues will require not only software fixes, but also server setup and hardware fixes. I think the first approach is to do exactly what you said and make both servers act in a manner they were originally designed for and get rid of the hacked facebook login process. Then as a stop gap measure, have the Facebook players learn their current Facebook login or let them change it; change their password; and have them login with that until a better implementation can be achieved which will probably be 3-6 months.

I also think its relatively ludicrous that this is still an issue nearly a month later without any type of temporary fix. It prevents new players like the OP from playing without a lot of support being dedicated to getting 1 player up and running on the PVE server. I know there have been players who have ignored this title purely because they would be stuck on a PK server.

Edited by Cleffy, 11 July 2014 - 03:24 PM.

#9 Xogroroth

Xogroroth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:04 AM

But... but... I am not through Facebook?

I got the client?

So, in my case, it's not of use, right?   o_O

#10 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 02:17 AM

The main issue you are experiencing has to do with the transfer of a server from a facebook client to a facebook/desktop client. It was done this month and many of the kinks are not worked out yet.

#11 Xogroroth

Xogroroth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 03:10 AM

Strange.

And afore there were no problems like this?

This tells me, my daddy was right: never try fixing what ain't broken.    XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users