Official Live-Action Role-Play at Disneyland - Off Topic - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Official Live-Action Role-Play at Disneyland

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:49 AM

http://disneyparks.d...land-gold-rush/

http://disneyparks.d...isneyland-park/

Started July 9 and set to end sometime in September.

Wish I had a Gunslinger cosplay to RP in. I'd be the talk of the town. :U

#2 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:06 PM

http://disneyparks.d...land-gold-rush/

Started July 9 and set to end sometime in September.

Wish I had a Gunslinger cosplay to RP in. I'd be the talk of the town. :U

Just don't let the Mayor get you to marry his daughter. The Sheriff is still trying to get out of that arranged marriage.

#3 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 10 July 2014 - 04:51 PM

someone needs to do Vash the Sampede

#4 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:26 PM

Dang, wish I could get group of RO players and do a live-action iROregon Trail. :U

0coPRwk.jpg

Beta testing seems to be going okay. But missing features is definitely bad. Wonder if they even had an alpha test.

http://micechat.com/...and-first-look/

Edited by ZeroTigress, 11 July 2014 - 09:48 PM.

#5 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:48 PM

Tried this out at the iRO RaidCall meet-up and it was pretty neat, but could use some work. HopeSama, Tkwan, Fluffyninja, Inuko23, and I all joined the Rainbow Ridge faction, which seemed to be the most popular of the two factions.

(Going to use MMORPG terms as that seems fitting for this.)

They really need a quest log or something because a lot of the repeatable quests to earn Bits aren't really clear. I was hoping the map to at least have some more details, but that wasn't much help either.

Messengers Needed
At the Telegraph Station, it appears you're supposed to send messages there. What kind of messages was unclear. (According to my Cast Member guide, it seems you're supposed to send messages about outlaws, which still isn't very clear.) Not sure if you can earn Bits from this. (Also unclear.)

Play Cards!
A minigame in which you play "High Card." Each Player is dealt 5 cards facedown. Players must then place their bets and then flip the top card on their pile. Highest card gets the whole pool. I was the only one in our party to try the game, but since none of us had earn any Bits to use, I took out a loan of 5 Bits from the dealer. After a couple of rounds, I was able to win 10 bits. Not wanting to try my luck farther, I decided to take the money and run so I paid the dealer back the 5 Bits for the loan and took off with my winnings. :U

Talent Wanted
Basically a talent show where Players can go on stage at the Golden Horseshoe and show off. Can earn Bits from this, but unsure how much. You can also earn Bits by contributing a poster (that you draw on the spot). We didn't stick around for the talent show nor tried out the poster thing. (I need more than crayons to do anything decent. <<)

Catching Criminals
Players can draw up wanted posters for other Players. Whoever is caught from the wanted posters is sent to the town jail (which is amusingly set up) and the catcher gets 50 Bits. Considering how many Players are not artistically endowed, bounty hunting is not really a viable way to earn Bits. Tkwan found out that you have to pay 50 Bits to even create a wanted poster, so that meant that Players are basically paying other Players to catch certain people. Which makes the whole thing even less viable. :\

The whole goal of earning Bits is to buy up more land than the other faction. A tiny chalkboard near the Telegraph Station acts as the leaderboard to see which faction has more land. The entire LARP is basically a domination game.

Aside from questing, Players can also partake in the daily shows hosted by Miss Rose in the Golden Horseshoe. Still prefer the old Horseshoe Revue, though. <<

Outside the Golden Horseshoe is L.B.'s Extraordinary Elixirs wagon. (The town Alchemist, it seems.) Players can purchase a Luck (LUK) elixir, a Charm (Dancer class) elixir, or a Knowledge (INT) elixir for $3 each. Fluffyninja, Inuko23, and I bought one of each to try out (Fluffyninja got the INT elixir, Inuko23 got the Dancer elixir, and I got the LUK elixir). The Luck elixir comes with a Bit, which made it a RMT purchase. << Charm is supposed to make the NPCs pay attention and do whatever the drinker says and Knowledge helps Players find information easier. Since the elixirs have large labels on them, I think the NPCs are meant to react to whoever is holding the cup rather than who actually drank from them. Regardless, I was able to win big time from the card game after drinking the LUK elixir so that was kinda weird. :U

#6 inuko23

inuko23

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1182 posts
  • Server:Chaos, Odin (RO2)

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:53 PM

that charm elixir whipping me with that kick in its taste D:

#7 HopeSama

HopeSama

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 763 posts
  • LocationIn my secret Paradise...
  • Server:Re-Chaos(Ymir/Loki)

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:04 PM

lol it lingered on for a while after drinking it. It didnt taste bad with the other drinks though >>;;; (that tobasco lol)

#8 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:24 PM

LUK elixir tasted pretty good. I wouldn't mind buying another one. :U

#9 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:51 PM

Confirmed end date for Legends of Frontierland is September 1.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users