Getting Ragnarok Online Official Website Updated - Page 2 - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Getting Ragnarok Online Official Website Updated

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#26 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:46 AM

We already do that anyhow. At least with more people asking, that might push the iRO team to hurry it up with the updates.

It's either we have a horribly outdated site or a site that's updated into the far future. Considering how little they update the site, I'd rather have everything ahead of time than them not adding anything at all.

True. But I highly doubt it'll hurry iRO getting updates. It's kRO that has to pass them along to us. We can pressure WP all we want, but at the end of the day, all they can do is jump kRO's case constantly in order to put pressure on them. And I highly doubt they'll even care.

#27 Hyperballad

Hyperballad

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 July 2014 - 06:26 AM

Yeah, then they can leave it up to us to tell people "we don't have that yet" on the forums and answer why when they're looking for content we don't have.

We could leave the thumbnails with the content greyed out and do the Rachel Sanctury real-life minigame.

When the donation threshold is achieved, we buy the update from kRO and implement it.

Yeah I work in a bank.

#28 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 01:00 AM

We could leave the thumbnails with the content greyed out and do the Rachel Sanctury real-life minigame.

When the donation threshold is achieved, we buy the update from kRO and implement it.

Yeah I work in a bank.

We don't get updates based on how much money is spent on VIP/KP, nor how much is given to kRO. We don't "buy" updates. We're supposed to get updates 6 months to 1 year behind kRO. No matter what happens. I personally wouldn't give kRO more than the amount I spend on VIP right now anyway. I just wasted 1500 KP on 10 firesale boxes, and got nothing but crap. We weren't informed in the game at the time there would be one box per day this weekend, either. So yeah. Not very happy right now, and any ideas of having to "buy updates" isn't settling very well right now.

Another idea for the site: Clean up the fansites a bit. One of the sites don't exist any more, and the rest (with the exception of iROwiki) stopped getting updated back in 2011 and 2012. Yeah, releasing those would leave only one fansite, but we could add deviant-pride, and we could also ask the admins at RMS if they'd make an iRO-exclusive site (to keep from being associated with their current site, which promotes private servers) and link to that one.

Also, there's Ragial we could add, as well as some others, I'm sure.

#29 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 01:06 AM

We don't get updates based on how much money is spent on VIP/KP, nor how much is given to kRO. We don't "buy" updates. We're supposed to get updates 6 months to 1 year behind kRO. No matter what happens.

afaik we used to "buy" updates, but the contract changed.

It's understandable that people would still think this is the case, especially considering how long it takes to receive them.

#30 Hyperballad

Hyperballad

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 July 2014 - 01:43 AM

We don't get updates based on how much money is spent on VIP/KP, nor how much is given to kRO. We don't "buy" updates. We're supposed to get updates 6 months to 1 year behind kRO. No matter what happens. I personally wouldn't give kRO more than the amount I spend on VIP right now anyway. I just wasted 1500 KP on 10 firesale boxes, and got nothing but crap. We weren't informed in the game at the time there would be one box per day this weekend, either. So yeah. Not very happy right now, and any ideas of having to "buy updates" isn't settling very well right now.

Another idea for the site: Clean up the fansites a bit. One of the sites don't exist any more, and the rest (with the exception of iROwiki) stopped getting updated back in 2011 and 2012. Yeah, releasing those would leave only one fansite, but we could add deviant-pride, and we could also ask the admins at RMS if they'd make an iRO-exclusive site (to keep from being associated with their current site, which promotes private servers) and link to that one.

Also, there's Ragial we could add, as well as some others, I'm sure.

http://dictionary.re...wse/sarcasm?s=t

#31 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:08 AM

afaik we used to "buy" updates, but the contract changed.

It's understandable that people would still think this is the case, especially considering how long it takes to receive them.

Are you serious? That's ridiculous considering this is supposed to be an "official server". Come to think of it, going back to doing it that way might not be a bad idea. We'd probably get updates a lot faster. <_<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users