Expanded Super Novice Questions on Skills - Expanded Classes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Expanded Super Novice Questions on Skills

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:59 PM

Goal: PvM/For Fun Build. Able to solo as well as party.

Stats: Melee/Tank Hybrid (AGI/VIT/INT/DEX at 100 and leftovers to STR)

http://irowiki.org/~...oGAqnsN8deBGA2f

Questions:
1. Is it necessary to get Improve Dodge? Should I completely remove it?
2. Will Stalk be useful on later PvM stages?
3. Should I get weapon mastery? I'm using a Hybrid Axe right now, hence the maxed Double Attack.
4. Is it useful to get Quagmire for PvM?
5. Am I missing necessary skills for a Melee/Tank?

Other minor details:
- I want to have at least one point in vending.
- I have access to link.
- I don't have access to gods and MVP cards.
- For gears, let's just say I'm using most of Angelic Set and Quve/Lude Set.
- On 99/x now, and Base EXP at 9x%. Really worried about skills so I stopped playing until I get more inputs before my one last reset.

Edit: Some minor details.

Edited by spikexp, 10 July 2014 - 11:12 PM.

#2 Irreparable

Irreparable

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 978 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:43 AM

Hello spikexp,

If you are talking about base values, AGI/VIT/INT/DEX at 100 isn't even possible, let alone having left over points for strength.

If you truely want to solo monsters beyond level 100 as melee, you need at least 90~ Str or you won't have fun spending minute after minute on the same monster, especially without any dps skill like Mammo or Holy Cross.

You don't need 100 dex, something like 95+5 Str/115+5 Agi/95+5 Vit/25+5 Int/65+5 Dex and 25+5 Luk (Base+Job) should do.

I lowered the Int considering that as ESN int doesn't do much for the SP pool and since you didn't take Increased SP reg and Increased HP reg, you will have to spam hp/sp pots like a madman during parties anyway.

Hiding 10 isn't really needed and honestly, skilling Vent on a ESN is a wasted skill point.

Dodge is very important if you want to solo monsters beyond the 100 range and you really need a skill to kill things quickly, thus if you remove vending and lower hiding to 5, you can get mammo or holy cross 10:

http://irowiki.org/~...oGAsNcA8deBGA2f

For tanking, you should buy the Novice Gear from Lighthalzen, because DMG Reduce is your best friend, especially as SN with the 20% reduce from all Elements besides Neutral Shield.

Give the crystal enchanted gear from eden a look as well, it gives the angelic armor 10 more mdef and the angelic shoes more hp and sp.

Crystal Synthesis

Personally I don't think weapon mastery is neccessary as it costs too many skill points.

Quagmire is good for tanking with Frost Nova, so yeah.

Edited by Irreparable, 11 July 2014 - 03:47 AM.

#3 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 01:34 AM

Thanks for the input Irreparable~

About stats, don't worry, I have my own ways tweaking with it :3

Are you sure I don't need up to ~100 DEX? If so, I'll get ~100 at STR instead. So yeah STR/AGI/VIT/INT at ~100, rest at DEX. I have a reason why I'm not going for LUK.

How low can I go with Hiding? I know I can go as low as 1 but I think it won't be friendly with my SP pool.

http://irowiki.org/~...HoGAqncA8deBGA3

As of now, this is enough for me as reaching that number of Job Level still have a way to go anyways xD

Appreciate your input, thanks.

#4 MrKisuke

MrKisuke

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:34 AM

Hi Spike.

Irreparable said the main parts so I'll just add a bit more from my self.

I recall only get Hiding lvl 3, enough to be able to move around.

For a Melee build, 100 DEX is not needed. You mainly want to make sure your AGI and STR are high. If you have zeny to burn. Mammonite is an awesome DPS skill.

Biggest issue with SNs is SP, unless you have a Brynhild (which I know you said you don't have access to). 

I don't even use Quag as I mainly stick with using Frost Nova. With the build I have, I can tank fairly well. This even includes MVPing.

Also about the gears, I personally stuck  with the Lighthalzen Novice Shoes, Shield and Manteau (This can be replaced with HBP or FAW). As for armor, Angelic Protect is good.  Novice Shield or even Immune Shield is good.  I say this because the Angel set is mainly for SNs till 100-110. After that I switched to the Novice gears and mixed & matched them. Mind you, this is entirely up to you.

EDIT: THAT WAS BEFORE the Advanced Angel Set. <-- Which is ideal for babies and overall use.

Hope that helps somewhat. Feel free to message me I you want to have proper conversation about it.

Edited by MrKisuke, 16 July 2014 - 08:00 AM.

#5 Irreparable

Irreparable

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 978 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:47 AM

Hello MrKisuke,

if you don't me asking, why do you favor the Lighthalzen Shoes over the AAR?

With the Advanced AR, you gett 500 HP and 100 SP + Card slot, in my opinion that's way better than the normal +5% from the LHZ Shoes.

#6 MrKisuke

MrKisuke

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:54 AM

Hi Irreparable,

I forgot to mention I just recently came back, so don't know much about the Advanced set. Completely slipped out of my mind. Going by the bonuses now, the Advanced Angelic gears are now more ideal.
I guess for now, I'll stick with my Novice Shoes till I can replace them.

And thanks for reminded me.

Edited by MrKisuke, 16 July 2014 - 07:55 AM.

#7 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:56 AM

As I'm a baby SN, the base HP pool itself is already BAD for percentage-basd HP addition. So Lhz Shoes is a no go for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users