#1 apathybehim

apathybehim

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:32 PM

I can go on about this broken class (like any other dommie player can), but I'm just going to suggest one thing. I don't know about the other dommies, but I find it annoying that everything is all over the place for the pet system. I dislike having to click on the pet's health bar and then move my mouse all the way over to the right side just to control what little it can do. It's annoying and it takes up time! Yes, I can move the health bar over near the pet control system, but if you port it automatically resets and I'll have to do it again. It's just extra work. My suggestion is this: Create a summoned pet bar right beside the pet controls, where the pets would appear after being summoned.

Posted Image

This makes it easier to select which pet should do what. I'm sure some other player would say, just put them on preemptive attack and stop QQ'ing, but I like to control what my pets do. Besides, leaving your pet on preemptive attack sometimes causes unwanted aggro. I love playing pet classes and I like having control over my pets. That's why they're called Dominators. Although, one can argue that we haven't dominated much of anything in Requiem now-a-days.

Anyways, it's just a suggestion...

Edited by apathybehim, 08 November 2010 - 09:15 PM.

#2 CarpD

CarpD

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1109 posts
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:05 PM

Or better yet.

Make each pet has their own icons.
And drag those icons to the hot bar.

#3 apathybehim

apathybehim

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 09 November 2010 - 08:52 AM

Or better yet.

Make each pet has their own icons.
And drag those icons to the hot bar.

+1 but I suggest to have it set up so that when you summon your pets, the icons would automatically show up in the hot bar rather than having to drag them to it.

#4 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:17 AM

I made a few suggestions about this in the past.

The first was the thing about make, at least, the attack button to be able to be linked in the quick bar.

The second was to make an individual pet bar for each pet, that way one have likned each icon in the quick bar.

And the third could be to have the pet bars open at all times: that not only prevent many bugs but also keep the buttons linked in the quick bar. When the player spend a point in a pet skill, the quick bar appear automatically in the screen, and stay there. The only difference would be that if the pet is summoned, the pet bar buttons (and the ones linked to the quick bar) are in colors, and if the pet isnt summoned, the buttomas appear gray.

In this third idea, the bars could have a little button to hidde that specific bar, in case that the caster dont use that specific summon. And maybe be able to give an orther to the bars to have easier access.

#5 apathybehim

apathybehim

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 09 November 2010 - 01:04 PM

And the third could be to have the pet bars open at all times: that not only prevent many bugs but also keep the buttons linked in the quick bar. When the player spend a point in a pet skill, the quick bar appear automatically in the screen, and stay there. The only difference would be that if the pet is summoned, the pet bar buttons (and the ones linked to the quick bar) are in colors, and if the pet isnt summoned, the buttomas appear gray.

In this third idea, the bars could have a little button to hidde that specific bar, in case that the caster dont use that specific summon. And maybe be able to give an orther to the bars to have easier access.

That's what I would like to see with this hot bar idea of mine. I just felt like it'd be easier to select the pets and control what they do if there's a hot bar that's right beside the pet control vs having to click on the pet's health bar that's some distance away from the pet control. It seemed so inefficient. I like your suggestion about having the pet icons appear once you add a pt. to the skill, but they would also have to consider the ability to remove the pet icons from the hot bar so you can put in the new pets like medium size kazara and all that jazz. I don't know what the devs were thinking when they added those pets. What's the point of having a kazara and then a medium size kazara? I feel like it's such a waste of points since you're forced to add 1 pt to regular kazara in order to have the medium sized one. They should just take it away and work on giving us back the skills they took away from us. I honestly feel like Doms were created just so they can say they a pet class. I don't even think they even have a dev moderating the dom class.

Edited by apathybehim, 09 November 2010 - 01:32 PM.

#6 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 01:58 PM

I didnt said that the icons should appear in the quick bar when you put the skill, i said that the pet bars should appear when one spend a pont in that summon: the pet bar icons should be able to be linked in the quick bar, maybe all of them, but the most important is the attack one.

#7 apathybehim

apathybehim

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 09 November 2010 - 03:10 PM

Sorry if we lost each other in translation there, but I do get what you mean. Regardless, I think you and I can both agree that either one of our ideas are better than the current pet system. Main point is, summoned pet hot/quick bar of some sort should be implemented and located near the actual pet control and linked to the pet actions (especially the attack).

#8 Blediam

Blediam

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 18 November 2010 - 12:59 AM

maybe also this?

Dominators
Maybe also illusion would be a pet?
Pets will be abled to be healed for other players

Enon
Will do DoT DMG also
Nastech
Will buff your other pets with defense and attack (including this pet also)

New Skill: Disguise
Pets will adopt the form of their master for certain time confusing the targets because
they can see one real dominator on each pet (work in pvp also)
lvl 1-10 (lvl 1 start with transforming only 1 pet for 3 mins and lvl 10 transform
all pets for 15 mins)

New Skill: Heart Contract
choose a pet (and label them with a number 1-5)that will take the damage direct to you
and will absorb it, when the first pet is dead the damage will be directed to the next pet
till you got no pets or the skill duration is over-
lvl 1-10 (lvl 1 start with only one pet and the duration is for 10 seconds, at lvl 10
the skill longs for 1 minute and you can select all your 4 pets)

i know is a bit out of the main suggestion >.< but in this way we could get more fun with dominators.

#9 apathybehim

apathybehim

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 19 November 2010 - 07:55 AM

maybe also this?

Dominators
Maybe also illusion would be a pet?
Pets will be abled to be healed for other players

Enon
Will do DoT DMG also
Nastech
Will buff your other pets with defense and attack (including this pet also)

New Skill: Disguise
Pets will adopt the form of their master for certain time confusing the targets because
they can see one real dominator on each pet (work in pvp also)
lvl 1-10 (lvl 1 start with transforming only 1 pet for 3 mins and lvl 10 transform
all pets for 15 mins)

New Skill: Heart Contract
choose a pet (and label them with a number 1-5)that will take the damage direct to you
and will absorb it, when the first pet is dead the damage will be directed to the next pet
till you got no pets or the skill duration is over-
lvl 1-10 (lvl 1 start with only one pet and the duration is for 10 seconds, at lvl 10
the skill longs for 1 minute and you can select all your 4 pets)

i know is a bit out of the main suggestion >.< but in this way we could get more fun with dominators.

It would be interesting to see. I definitely would like to have Illusion be somewhat useful in PvP. I don't know, maybe have it so that if someone targets you, it automatically locks on Illusion instead and you can't be targeted until Illusion is gone. It's not like Illusion can last long, so I don't think it'd make Doms OP'ed in anyway.

#10 tally

tally

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1136 posts
  • LocationDisgruntled
  • Server:Velik - Vermillion

Posted 19 November 2010 - 08:12 AM

Perhaps to make the 2nd job skills more useful, the Pet HP and MP up buffs could become just general HP / MP buffs to cast on anyone.

I think pets just need a bit more damage and an easier way to control them (attack what the domi attacks mode?) then they'd be fine.

#11 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 08:20 AM

Instead of buffs, those could be pasive skills to increase their base hp, the mp one is worthless, or that is what i read.

A couple of skills:

Pet explosion:

Could work in 2 ways. In the first one, the skill would be passive and the option to make the pet explode, would appear at the bottom of the pet control bar. Increase this skill could increase the dmg and number of targets: or could be in the pet description and rise when someone rise the pet.

In the other version, the skill could be a normal skill that the caster can active when select a pet.

In both cases the eplosion dmg should be curse property dmg and could change with the normal skill modifiers.

To dont make it too oped, the eplosion could have a x CD after one of the summons explode, and maybe the pet cant be re-summoned for x secs after it explode: something like this could be applied to the hunter's traps.

Demonic Eye:

The Dominator can summon an eye, that stay in one place, like a trap and watch all that happen around, it also can see hidden targets. When the eye is placed, it display a little window that show what the eye see.

In another version of the skill, it could follow the caster and help it to detect hidden targets, like stealthed rogues and traps.

#12 apathybehim

apathybehim

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 19 November 2010 - 09:46 AM

Both are great ideas! I definitely agree that the pets need to be more useful when it comes to damage! Controlling them is also very important. Don't forget to bump Prejt's thread about his pet attack suggestion. Keep them coming and hopefully one day Hastur can bring the hammer of justice to the retarded devs and fix at least one thing for the class.

I would also like to hear the CM's opinion on this as well. Humor me. Let me know that you're at least reading this. <_<

Edited by apathybehim, 19 November 2010 - 09:48 AM.

#13 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 01:15 PM

2 More skills:

Rise Party: a skill like Salvation but instead of recover more hp when the lvl is rised it increase the radius and amount of targets. This way it can revive many targets but will be with low hp when they come back with this skill.

Resurrection: the player can resurrect itself without use aed.

#14 apathybehim

apathybehim

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 22 November 2010 - 02:22 PM

2 More skills:

Rise Party: a skill like Salvation but instead of recover more hp when the lvl is rised it increase the radius and amount of targets. This way it can revive many targets but will be with low hp when they come back with this skill.

Resurrection: the player can resurrect itself without use aed.

I'm not sure about this one Nadesh. I think that this would just make us Rads instead of a pet class. I think Dominator skills should focus on pets and maybe curse skills since their first job class is a Soul Hunter after all.

#15 Spieler09

Spieler09

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 999 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 November 2010 - 02:54 AM

yes we did some ideas in s1 but nothing get in s2

#16 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 03:58 AM

I'm not sure about this one Nadesh. I think that this would just make us Rads instead of a pet class. I think Dominator skills should focus on pets and maybe curse skills since their first job class is a Soul Hunter after all.

Well, i suggested that because Radiants hardly can rise someone in a raid, and unless they move the res skill to the first job, give something like that to Dominators could be the 2nd best choice. I saw in tons of games, the necromancer having a skill to rise the dead, including players and theirselves. Ofc, dominators arnt necromancers but close enough.

Oh well, in any case i doubt they implement more skills to resurrect, because they would sell less aeds...

#17 apathybehim

apathybehim

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 23 November 2010 - 01:34 PM

Well, i suggested that because Radiants hardly can rise someone in a raid, and unless they move the res skill to the first job, give something like that to Dominators could be the 2nd best choice. I saw in tons of games, the necromancer having a skill to rise the dead, including players and theirselves. Ofc, dominators arnt necromancers but close enough.

Oh well, in any case i doubt they implement more skills to resurrect, because they would sell less aeds...

I see your point <_< Well played sir!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users