22 replies to this topic

#1 sonemere

sonemere

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2350 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:00 PM

i have been here ever since bloodymares first valentines event...dont need ppl to tell me anything about requiem.

multiple times throughout requiems history ppl have requested stun balance and scud has gone past the point of being ok.

its time for gravity to step up and really attempt a balance towards an end, reflecting forward, not backward nerfs like korea did...tbh this is what killed half the players in the game. balancing all classes equal to each other. druid, warlord, and protector are the standards. so the first step in this direction requires stun balance not nerf. this means all stuns should be equal to or +/- 1 sec of each other. if gravity cannot accept this first step theres no hope.

next is to make sure all classes have capable means of equaling to others. this will mean radiant elementalist, and dominator have at least 1 ground aoe... equaling druids in some respects.

1.  dominator needs to get fury and turn it into Terms of Service with fear and low damage aoe.

2.  radiant needs a Terms of Service functioning low damage aoe with 2-3 sec sleep chance. it fits radiant more than anything in the game.

3.  put blunt strike in templar.

4.  replace templar block def buff with block chance.

there are many other things i could hope for but stun balance and not nerf is the only first step i really expect

Edited by sonemere, 11 July 2014 - 11:04 PM.

#2 CG6HU3HM2

CG6HU3HM2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:06 PM

so how about tank? should take extra resist cap and def cap, eg. tank can have 90% resist and def other ppl just 80%,more HP

#3 Viole

Viole

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • LocationTR
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:07 PM

lol

#4 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:22 PM

The main problems I have with stuns is the lack of counters to it and the relative ease to pulling it off. I have always felt there should be more strategic thought to stun.

Right now it seems to be a simple method to get Kruxena to surpass Bartuk in a duel so they can maintain that web, Xenoa < Bartuk < Kruxena < Turan < Xenoa. The downside is in order to make it work, Kruxena deal poor damage compared to others. The other day, I was surviving Kruxena 20+ seconds stunned 2/3rd the time and won the encounter purely because of this balancing method and ways you can adjust equipment to compensate.

The main issue I have is comparing it to more strategic type games. When I play Magic the Gathering and I have a red deck, I don't automatically go -_- a blue deck I can't win. There are options I can setup to deal with a blue deck. When I am playing StarCraft as a Terrain, I don't go -_- I can't win against Protoss because once again there are options. This is the main thing missing with stuns, the strategic elements related to pulling off a stun and a gameplay system that prevents most forms of strategic balance from being used.

Mental Mitigation is a good example. When you are stunned you cannot activate skills, so you can use personal buffs to get out. The only thing that can be done while stunned is item usage. There are not items that remove stuns. So to me the only way stun can be workable is if this is fixed. However, its a bit simpler to just remove them and properly rebalance Kruxena to compensate.

Edited by Cleffy, 11 July 2014 - 11:25 PM.

#5 sonemere

sonemere

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2350 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:43 PM

. So to me the only way stun can be workable is if this is fixed. However, its a bit simpler to just remove them and properly rebalance Kruxena to compensate.

this is exactly what i am proposing, that all stuns, since i feel they will never be removed from the game(im not naive...) are +/- 1 sec of each other. whether they are 2 sec or 50. wont matter. they are all balanced and fixed across all classes. after stuns are balanced the real class rampup to the most powerful classes in the game can begin. druid, warlord, prot. is what all decisions should be reflected upon.

nerf is dead and what killed half the population in the game, over a long period of time. koreans are dumb fuks and had no clue what balance really is...balancing towards pvp was just a means to milk everyone u know to oblivion. now the game is owned by ppl that have a chance to make a difference. i expect them to do their fukin job and make it right gdi.

Edited by sonemere, 11 July 2014 - 11:55 PM.

#6 MacMad

MacMad

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 727 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 02:09 AM

The main problems with stuns is the lack of counters to it.

Skill Description:   Last Hope

Effect:                   removes all stun/slow/fear/halt effects

Duration:               - none

Cooldown:             something between 5-30mins

Global skill for every class ofc. That would help alot and gives more possabilities in pvp

#7 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 02:15 AM

1. why all Classes can have 30K Hp?

2. why all Classes can have 2K cad/scad?

3. why all Classes can cap resist and def.?

i think the power of the Cash Shop is the real Problem not the Stuns.

You can cancel Terms of Service with a Avenger and even the Scud would be not a Problem -

If you could not have 30K HP with a DPS Class like Assassin.

an Assassin should be a fast Killer BUT he should be squishy for that Power.

But we saw and see Tank Build Assassins in the Game.

The naturally Pro and Cons of each Class got canceled cuz. of the Reinforce/Enchant/Compounding System.

The Cad/Scad skyrocket...

Classes like you mentioned...benefits from the System the most.

So you could add restrictions to each Class like saying a Assassin can only have max HP of XXX

a Tank can only have max Cad/Scad of XXX

But everyones knows...Gravity will never do this cuz. Kidz just LOVE a tool like the Cash Shop that gives them the Power to abuse naturally Class restrictions and the Cons. 

its the Charm from the Cash Shop that you CAN DO what you want with your Class and the biggest Problem this Game has.

so its good to say all Classes should have fun at PvE like saying Domi and Rad needs AoE`s i agree on that.

But that distant us even further from the Nature ll Role play this Game once had.

or easy saying: the needs for Partys.

don`t we all agree a on : Party is more fun than simple playing solo (why join a mmo -if i want to play solo?)

so each Class should be needed at Party not only for a Def. or HP Buff. 

why can`t they complete each other much better?

or why nothing matters against a "stupid" mob with just tons of hp and cap def. resist?

let me add. i don`t know it better but i just don`t like the idea that all Classes should can the same or look alike.

#8 Unbound

Unbound

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 02:32 AM

Should I make a list of every non-stun negative-effect skill, and its duration  ?  Just for a laugh..........  ( Fears, Binds, Sleep ), Its easy to blame and QQ at stuns, they are a problem but they are not THE problem. What's the difference between a 3 second stun and a 15-second+ instant-cast ranged fear ?  If you cannot see this.... then you are part of the problem too. I too wish for a more dynamic combat, one but its too late, way too late, and you are trying to change something that in reality will never get changed, this game is forsaken by its creators.

#9 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 03:08 AM

Devs playing the old Game...

powering Caster- VS powering Mele -Classes.

they give Casters more powerful Enchants  (more Def.)

only to give Mele Classes a month later an even more Powerful Weapon. (more DPS)

its an endless Circle spiced up with some Heal updates^^

we do circle like this since Years....but i don`t impute anybody for it...

in fact its the only Spice we had so far....

without it... Player had leave the Game much faster.

But  Excuse Time is now over - since they own the Code now.  :bash:

Edited by Sandyman, 12 July 2014 - 03:14 AM.

#10 explicid17

explicid17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1170 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 12 July 2014 - 07:21 AM

http://forums.warppo...17#entry1351532

tried to say this about casters and got trolled like a MF

#11 Ghost747

Ghost747

I made it Off Topic

• Members - No Sig
  • 25 posts
  • LocationMasyaf Castle
  • Server:Animus 2.0

Posted 12 July 2014 - 07:28 AM

I remember at the very first begining week of S2, all item stats were halved. Bosses in dungeon and raid were much tougher than what they are now.

But nearly 95% of the population were against the new change, because they think 1 single raid boss took them 2 hours was ridiculous. So after that week, all items changed to what it is now and dungeon/raid bosses too were made weakened.

And the reinforcement rate "60%" never should be applied,for it makes only +30 people remains in game now. it used to have 30% max + 5% HH and we had like 4X players than now.

Some skills really should be changed or nerfed, for they are way too over-powered, and some skill bugs (like "cant use skill after stun/fear ends")  make some certain classes more powerful.

And please keep us update with the progress of new content every once a while, thx.

#12 sonemere

sonemere

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2350 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:35 AM

I remember at the very first begining week of S2, all item stats were halved. Bosses in dungeon and raid were much tougher than what they are now.

Some skills really should be changed or nerfed, for they are way too over-powered, and some skill bugs (like "cant use skill after stun/fear ends")  make some certain classes more powerful.

And please keep us update with the progress of new content every once a while, thx.

product of nerfitis...sir its ok...everything will be fine.  do u also remember prot with wands/staves?? i cant think of a single skill that is too overpowered in a raid, for that mater any pve situatiion.. skills are weak...+30 is what is missing in ur whole paragraph.

stuns in pve dont even matter... they dont even work against raid bosses. in pvp on the other hand they are far from balanced. balancing them all towards the same end and making them work in raids is what really should be thought about here. ^^

they balanced everything around +30. nuf said.

Edited by sonemere, 14 July 2014 - 08:51 AM.

#13 BumblefootV7

BumblefootV7

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:38 AM

Ok i dont understand what your asking for here. Yes maybe and i stress the maybe part, sins could use a slight nerf to scud. However i am an avenger probably the least likely to kill a sin ud say? Wrong, there is only 1 sin in the game who can kill me purely on stuns alone. Vincent is the only reason i think scud needs a nerf. When you can clear 2000 cad on a sin with such insane dmg from trinity duals there is no defending it. Again ill say however, the difference is when you cap defence any sins attacking you on purely stuns alone will die if you can get your defence above 3100 and your hp above 26000. What most of you fail to understand in this game is that there is a counter to everything already. Its not based purely on your button bashing skill bar. You have to build your gear around your play style. That is thee only reason i make avenger work. It is literally custom built to fight sins in pk and survive large crowds.  Now i agree there are exceptions to the rule where balancing needs done to achieve these defence and hp stats on certain classes. These classes like ranger, elem etc cant keep their dps high enough and achieve both these stats making them useless vs scud and other stun locking classes. The balance should never be about removing a skill or a mechanic from the game thats just creating a mine field of new problems.

Zerk/WL (capable of cap defence , most have 28k+ hp, no deminishment to attack power )   <---- example of a class that can laugh off scud from sin

mystic.forsaker (not possible to cap defence with high hp while maintaining high dps, has 0 stuns of its own worth mentioning, heal and chaos totem dont mean much if your stunned)

Reduce scud to 5 second stun.  (make no stun in game capable of going over 6 seconds unless you intend to give all of us the ability to reach 32k hp)

(can u believe i had to come back and edit every mention of scad to scud cause auto correct had changed it to scad. i must type scad alot ^^ )

Edited by BumblefootV7, 16 July 2014 - 11:52 AM.

#14 Nerthu

Nerthu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 18 July 2014 - 01:27 PM

stuns are ok forme. bud sins are enjjoing. alltime no dmg bud stunlock till you are death. i was this days in tb. i know in far away from my old skills. bud com on. 10k dmg from zerks and stunlokcs from sins till death. im full +30 bud i never saw such enjoing dmg with my defi. even on low lvls i never make this dmg. ofc i have just 1.4k def without buff. bud even with this.thats just stupid.

#15 jebac098

jebac098

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:04 AM

Bumble its hard for aa zerk to reach cap def every1 now why:)))

#16 BumblefootV7

BumblefootV7

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:24 PM

maybe so but most of u zerks are rocking over 32k hp with very high dps. Your armour has natrualy high defence compared to cloth for example. My point was before it was a choice between balanced build, glass cannon or tank style. Now half the classes can be cannon tanks.

#17 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:28 PM

Yea, but if you are a Berserker in team based PVP, you only have 2 attacks before you sit their waiting for the enemy to eventually tick off 32k HP.

#18 RadiantHelper

RadiantHelper

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 389 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:12 PM

Then you are playing it wrong cleffy...zerks are great line breakers, especially with the new reflect skill...can't tell you how many times my druid has gotten smashed just because of the reflection...or how many times I had to avoid a zerk just to make sure I don't kill myself on him and make sure my aoes don't hit him...i dont know about you but I don't like having my mysterious storm hit a zerk for 4k and reflect back 3k lol...

#19 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:43 PM

Just speaking from experience. 2 attacks then you are stunned until killed. Sure you can counter attack some of it off, but it does not stop you from being stunned the entire time while your team watches and tries to leech kills. Berserkers and Warlords are great line breakers, but they typically have to act alone.

Edited by Cleffy, 22 July 2014 - 04:44 PM.

#20 sleepyTown

sleepyTown

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 476 posts
  • Server:Triffi/Nova

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:47 AM

zerks reflect prevents zerks also from attacking. It breaks the AA

#21 jebac098

jebac098

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:47 AM

Im +30 aa zerk whit 4/4 str con jewals and have 28 k hp whit some new event titan.......amd about reflect stop me to kill a lot off ppl because of animation of reflect skill lol

#22 jebac098

jebac098

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:49 AM

Its hard to get 30k+ only if you go all con then yes

#23 cosi4zara

cosi4zara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts