Making a DXdiag SO WE CAN HELP YOU. - Technical Support - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* - - - - 2 votes

Making a DXdiag SO WE CAN HELP YOU.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:♪ ♥ ♪

Posted 31 July 2010 - 10:47 AM

I have seen a lot of people posting for help on these forums and not very many of them are including the information that we (The User help) and the Developers need to help you. So I decided to make a guide on how to make a DXdiag. I'll lay it out in steps and pictures :rolleyes:
(I know that the steps are posted, but some people need pictures to get the ball rolling)

Step 1. Click Start
Step 2. Click Run
Posted Image

Step 3. In the box that comes up, type in DXdiag
Step 4. Click "OK"

Posted Image

Step 5. In the next box that comes up click on "Save All Information"
Posted Image

Step 6. Its now going to ask you where you want to save the file, just select the Desktop so its easy to find later
Posted Image

Step 7. You should now have a DXdiag.txt icon where ever you saved it (your desktop if you follow step 6)
Posted Image

Step 8. Make a ticket inquiry and attach that text file to the inquiry so the Customer service team knows as much about your PC as possible.
https://support.warp...in/Default.aspx

It also helps if you're posting a problem to the general public if you have your video card and computer specs, so look through that .txt file for that information.

So there you go, now you know to PROPERLY ask for help on the tech forums.

Thank you for the instructions...... but I don't have the "Run" option on Vista and a normal search says that I don't have the program by the name of DX or DirectX...

it's available under the accessories folder, you can also use the command prompt to do the same thing

#2 Nuke

Nuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3107 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:34 PM

shortcut for run: Winkey+R

#3 pampelthemuse

pampelthemuse

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN. USA

Posted 21 August 2010 - 03:21 PM

I believe vista has this as well, but I do know that windows 7 has a little search field on the bottom of the start menu that says "Search for programs and files" if you just type Dxdiag in there you will see the program appear in the list above it and you can either hit "enter" key or just click on the icon.
Just seems like a simpler way to do it, for those of you that run vista or 7.
Posted Image

Edited by pampelthemuse, 21 August 2010 - 03:28 PM.

#4 MakoXD

MakoXD

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7028 posts
  • Server:TERA

Posted 21 August 2010 - 04:23 PM

ahh nice , you nerdy turangirl..

#5 Hicks666

Hicks666

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 07:40 AM

I would like to add that most people are not "Crashing" they are getting disconnected, they are recieving a popup ingame saying cannot connect to the server, so a dxdiag will not help in this instance

#6 shadowface0

shadowface0

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 04:31 PM

If you want to submit a Ticket and are not sure how you need to click the WarpPortal "Support" link. For those of you who may not figure it out right away... like me >.>, there will be an option to submit a Ticket on the Support page.

#7 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:♪ ♥ ♪

Posted 31 October 2010 - 05:43 PM

If you want to submit a Ticket and are not sure how you need to click the WarpPortal "Support" link. For those of you who may not figure it out right away... like me >.>, there will be an option to submit a Ticket on the Support page.

The link also in my sig! u.u

#8 lucifugus

lucifugus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:54 AM

RUN application doesn´t exist in windows 7. Any idea how to run that DXdiag file ???

#9 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 01:50 PM

Maybe you arnt finding it, but should be there. I think is under All Programs/Accessories, not sure. Also can try to press the Win Key + R

Edited by Nadesh, 16 April 2011 - 02:01 PM.

#10 lucifugus

lucifugus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:15 PM

Ok got it. In windows 7 appears on win key, all programs, accesories, Run. There it is. Thxs. Nice game.... nice blood..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users