4 replies to this topic

#1 GabrielVII

GabrielVII

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:10 AM

Hey, what's up guys, :gawi:

I'd like to know if I can get the old Rune Knight sprite to play with. One of the things that made me try to play the International Ragnarok was the possibility to play with the Old Rune Knight sprite, because the image that is shown on the site Class Guide is the old one. It will be a shame if I can't play with that sprite anymore in any server throughout the world.

Thank you guys for your attention.  :thumb2:

#2 AhinaReyoh

AhinaReyoh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1088 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:43 AM

Gravity never decided to capitalize on the fact that they had two sprite sets for a class, so... everyone's stuck with the newer sprite.

Unless you have the old sprite files and-

#3 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:56 AM

The sprite has been updated on all servers - the new sprite was overwhelmingly preferred by players on iRO (and, as I understand it, on foreign RO's as well), and people made a big stink about perceived delays in getting the new sprite. I never much understood what the big deal was either way. 

#4 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:02 AM

OP, also keep in mind also that modifying your client to display different sprites is a bannable offense if caught, even though this is a relatively innocuous change.

#5 AhinaReyoh

AhinaReyoh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1088 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:13 PM

The sprite has been updated on all servers - the new sprite was overwhelmingly preferred by players on iRO (and, as I understand it, on foreign RO's as well), and people made a big stink about perceived delays in getting the new sprite. I never much understood what the big deal was either way. 

I still find it funny how many iRO people vocally complained that the original female Rune Knight was too fanservicey and said the new one was more wholesome, when what Lee Myung-Jin did was throw a flap over the panty and remove all the cloth up top in favor of a metal bikini. (Having his name on the design probably helped sell the change too.)

Most likely jRO and kRO players were the reason for the change, not sure any other server besides iRO had even gotten renewal at that point. Not to mention if iRO players had their way a couple other classes would've been redone too.

Edited by AhinaReyoh, 14 July 2014 - 12:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users