The Complete Super Novice Wardrobe (To be completed!) - Expanded Classes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

The Complete Super Novice Wardrobe (To be completed!)

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 MrKisuke

MrKisuke

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:19 AM

Greetings my fellow Super Novice Players!

Before I start... I abit about me. I've been playing iRO for over 5 years now and when I first started with a Sin I also made a Super Novice, which I enjoyed playing. It's a fun and awesome class. Anywho, I remade my SN more than once, trying to get a better build and type till the final remake was a pure Melee/Tank. And behold, when the Expansion came out for Super Novice, I set upon the journey where no SN has ever been.... 150. My Super Novice became the first 150 on the server, which was also my main - it still is. It was a long and tough journey, but I pulled through. It became my highest level character and my first 150!!. And I know exactly how hard and troublesome finding gears can be!

For a long time now, I found it irritating that a lot of gears are not compatible with Super Novices. Which gets frustrating as there are so many gears and you don't know exactly which is available for your SN. So behold. I compiled numerous lists of the weapons, headgears, armors, garments, shoes and accessories which Novices and Super Novices can wear, outlining the Weapon level and the gears Required level (of being able to equip it) with the addition of the main stats the gear has to offer. - This excludes information such as for headgears "increases drop rate of fish" or something. Once the whole list is completed, if I can, I will add the additional attributes of the gears.

NOTE: THESE ARE GEARS THAT NOVICES & SUPER NOVICES CAN EQUIP WITHOUT LINK!!

Remember, Link gives more benefits, so all other headgears and Level 4 weapons, fall under the Link option

• Super Novices above Base Lv. 90 will temporarily be able to equip ALL upper/middle/lower headgears.
  • Super Novices above Base Lv. 96 will temporarily be able to equip all level four Daggers, 1h Swords, Axes, Maces and Staves.
  • Headgears and Weapons made equip-able by the soul link will remain equipped

~ If the link remains active while traveling between maps - Changing Zones breaks the link. e.g Going from Kafra or Gramps war. Or I think like Payon field to Sograt Desert (Will need to recheck this!)

~ Even after the link wears off until you change to any map or log out. (When you equip a hat in this state and relog, you will still be able to see your self wearing the hat. But in equips window theres nothing there and for other players, you have nothing on your head!)

• Headgears and Weapons made equip-able by the soul link will also remain equip-able even if broken.

I will try to update this when possible with new gear releases (Some of the recent new ones). The source is from iW Database. If you spot any mistake or have an suggestions, please do let me know! I'll try my best to make this thread look nice.

In general, Brynhild for armor is very beneficial. As for Garment, Asprika is good if you want to be awesome, or go for Heroic Backpack/Fallen Angel Wing.

Best Headgear: Ascendant Crown at +7-9. For a Super Novice, it's the best thing.
ATK+30
MATK+30
HIT-FLEE-CRI-MDEF+10
PERFECT DODGE+5
ASPD+2
Reduces Variable Cast Time by 20%
Reduce 5% Neutral damage
MaxHP+1000
MaxSP+100

All Stats+5

Red: +7 Bonus. Blue: +9 Bonus

List goes as follows:

WEAPONS:

One-Handed Staff

One-Handed Swords

One-Handed Axe

Daggers

Maces

HEADGEARS:

Upper

Middle

Lower

FULL

Upper+Middle

Middle+Lower

ARMOUR

SHIELD

GARMENT

ACCESSORY

CODE:

WL - Weapon Level

RL- Required Level

MHP - Max HP

MSP - Max SP

STR/AGI/VIT+1 - STR+1, AGI+1, VIT+1 etc.

WEAPONS

One-Handed Staff

Spoiler

One-Handed Swords
Spoiler

One-Handed Axe

Spoiler

Daggers

Spoiler

Mace
Spoiler

HEADGEARS

Spoiler

[MORE TO BE ADDED]

MIDDLE

Spoiler

LOWER

Spoiler

FULL

Spoiler

TOP+MID

Spoiler

MID+LOWER

Spoiler

ARMOR

Spoiler

SHIELD

Spoiler

GARMENT

Spoiler

FOOTGEAR

Spoiler

ACCESSORY

Spoiler

Edited by MrKisuke, 22 July 2014 - 04:19 AM.

#2 MrKisuke

MrKisuke

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:32 AM

Just In Case

Edited by MrKisuke, 16 July 2014 - 07:32 AM.

#3 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:35 AM

Lol MrStick, you finally done it? xD

#4 MrKisuke

MrKisuke

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:45 AM

About time eh?

Hey shhhhhh, don't expose my identity!!!

Edited by MrKisuke, 16 July 2014 - 07:45 AM.

#5 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:04 AM

Oops sorry :x

Btw, if you wanna test out the new Ascendant Crown and whole Advanced Angelic set, you can always look for me :3

#6 Irreparable

Irreparable

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 978 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:25 AM

Awesome topic :P

#7 Cmoota

Cmoota

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 217 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 July 2014 - 07:33 PM

You are aware that a Super Novice can also equip a Hurricane fury, Staff of destruction, and a Kronos staff too right?  Soul linked of course~

#8 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:58 PM

You are aware that a Super Novice can also equip a Hurricane fury, Staff of destruction, and a Kronos staff too right?  Soul linked of course~

i thought HF is 2 handed axe, thus unavailable even with link :V

#9 Cmoota

Cmoota

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 02:08 AM

Hurricane Fury oddly can be equipped by a super novice via link. I can prove it if you meet me ingame~ 
My Super Novice's name is Lynn Maxwell

Edit: Oh and I descovered this when I was goofing around with soul link trying to equip many different weapons  :p_laugh:  I didn't actually think a Super Novice could equip a Hurricane Fury but they can wich is a very good thing. Now I just have to hunt one, enchant it with any given close range enchants, upgrade it and put a sidewinder card on it and kablam! a super novice's hurricane fury~

Edited by Cmoota, 19 July 2014 - 02:31 AM.

#10 digz

digz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationPhilippines/Guam
  • Server:Chaos-Renewal

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:04 AM

I wanna ask if we can really equip bloody cross? I saw the description of it in game and found out that its only applicable for trans aco class but iRO db states that its equipable by novice. Thx for those who will clarify

Edited by digz, 19 July 2014 - 06:08 AM.

#11 MrKisuke

MrKisuke

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:54 AM

Lynn. I'm aware of that. Like I mentioned, the list is for gears WITHOUT Soul Link.

However, I will include those gears in the section about Soul Link, as they don't fall in the categories mentioned.

I've already tested the HF 2 years ago. And it's pretty crappy as your ASPD decreases by a lot. I think, if I remember correctly, my ASPD was below 60. Slow motion.
@digz, I'm pretty sure SNs can equip the Bloody Cross - I recall seeing it before. However, just to make sure, I will try to look into that my self if I can get hold of one. Will keep you updated.

Edited by MrKisuke, 19 July 2014 - 09:55 AM.

#12 Cmoota

Cmoota

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 10:02 AM

Edited:Yup. Attack speed is deminished with hurricane fury. I will need to run more tests to see if its in any way redeemable by increasing strength...

Edited by Cmoota, 19 July 2014 - 10:52 AM.

#13 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:45 PM

Well in that case, could a HF-using SN do a 2x damage Holy Cross like Saders with 2-handed Spear?

#14 4853121207141913140

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 895 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 20 July 2014 - 01:13 AM

uhm i have a level 70 super novice and can still equip 3 out of the 9 job manuals
i can equip : Ninja Manual, Taekwon Manual, and Gunslinger Manual
the expanded ones, despite what the description says.
they don't add hp but +100 sp and the skills are nice to have.

Edited by 4853121207141913140, 20 July 2014 - 02:16 AM.

#15 MrKisuke

MrKisuke

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 02:28 AM

@numbers,

I'm pretty sure the job Manuals - Acolyte, Thief etc were specifically for Novices them selves. Wasn't sure about there being Ninja/TK and Gunslinger Manual though. Thanks for that.

#16 Keisar

Keisar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:52 PM

This is very helpful information!

I am very happy to hear that somebody has taken time and effort in developing a Super Novice. I would like to hear more.

Maybe you should update the Super Novice IRO wiki page? I have tried to update it a bit with more equips but it seems you know a lot more equips and perhaps builds.

I would like to know what you think about the RWC equips. On my SN I have RWC Knife, Pin, Ring, & Pendant.

What I would like know is what you think about The RWC Pin and ATK % for a Melee SN.

I would loVe to use the Ascendant Crown but I fear I may lose a noticeable amount of DPS. 

A +12 RWC Pin with Ring would yield about +25% ATK on Small, Medium, & Large Monsters (+29% if +14)
A +9 Ascendant Crown yields +30 Atk, 5 Str, and +2 ASPD as well as many other benefits in terms of Damage & Survivability.

Is Ascendant Crown the better helmet for both MVP & PVP?

#17 MrKisuke

MrKisuke

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:34 AM

Glad you are happy with this! Please continue to support Super Novices!

Unfortunately, I'm not too confident on updating the Wiki - I've been out of RO for over a year, just recently got back.

As for the RWC Set, it is a nice set to have, provided you can upgrade it to +12 or above. In relation to what is better, you have to look at the other benefits which the Ascendant Crown offers. It depends on your personal preference.I personally would favor the Ascendant Crown with it's multiple benefits along with 2 Bako Tattoos for higher ASPD. (+20% from Bako tattoos). The extra hits may make up for the difference in ATK the RWC Set gives. Depends on the build. I will look into this more as I will have to test them properly. (I only use my Rings for tanking)

Hope it helps somewhat.

#18 monsterface

monsterface

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:10 PM

This is some really great info. I have been playing RO on and off for years and every time I come back there is a ton of new stuff to get used to. I am just coming back to my Super Novice, who is only level 85 at time of writing. I don't want to stray too far off topic here, but I wonder if you might open a thread for general SN Q&A? Specifically, right now I have carded and mostly +9 angelic set gears on my SN. It would be really beneficial for me to look at a rundown of the advanced angel set and the other gears you mention in this thread so I can decide how to equip her as I continue to play. There really is very little current information about SNs out there right now.

#19 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:37 PM

general SN building guide, maybe and get it pinned

#20 Keisar

Keisar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:19 PM

I did some comparisons with the crown and pin both at +10 in Rachel Sanctuary. While attacking Vanberks I saw 1000 more damage with the pin. I was not aware of the existence of Bakonawa Tattoos. I have always wanted to differentiate between in game, limited , and kafra items on the iro wiki page, this is something that should be done on all the class guides on there. I wasn't sure of the difference in dps since I am also not aware of any dps calculators. I can put a stop watch to see what takes longer to kill with. I suppose the crown is the obvious victor if your accessories dramatically increase attack speed. Its definitely worth the effort of getting the crown to dish out more damage than the pin given the large amount of stat bonuses.

#21 MrKisuke

MrKisuke

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:13 AM

Sorry, I've been busy with real life. 

I will be creating another thread to answer specific questions about SNs to the best of my ability.

With regards to the RWC C.Pin and The A.Crown, I haven't had the opportunity to test it - my RWC rings are chambered! But thank you Keisar for testing it. Please time the kills and let us know.
Also the Ascendant Crowns [1] stats are not exactly what they initially stated it will have - as in It's supposed to +10 All stats, not 5, and +10 P.Dodge, not +5 and more. So hopefully they fix that. Overall, I'll chose the Crown.

#22 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:19 AM

when did you conduct tests on the pin?  it was recently fixed because the damage calculation was off (it was way too strong)

Edited by Necrohealiac, 30 July 2014 - 04:19 AM.

#23 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:55 AM

i am sorry if i dont know about this, but could you explain how super novice tank? is it employing high flee, high HP, damage reductions or high pdodge or maybe the combination of those. thank you

#24 MrKisuke

MrKisuke

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:05 AM

Fuyukikun, please hold onto this question for the new thread I will  make soon. This thread is about gears and testings. Not general Questions.
Thank you.

#25 Keisar

Keisar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:26 PM

I did my initial test on 7/29/2014. Was this a recent bug fix? I re-did my comparisons. I was severley disappointed to see I was not doing 2.5k damage on vanberks. My damage went back down to about 1.5k. :( I was considering changing my RWC enchants to be ATK% after I saw how much more damage I was doing with the Pin. Anyways, I did some more comparisons.

I was using the Eden Knife III to eliminate Auto-Casts but I don't have a non-dagger weapon to eliminate Double Attack. My old Star Dust Sword has a sidewinder card too.

Damage Per hit

RWC Pin +12(It has been upgraded since my last test): 950 - 1050
Crown +10: 950 - 1050

The actual individual hits were about the same. For some reason I kept seeing the bigger numbers more often with the pin but I was obviously attacking faster with the crown.

I recorded several times it took to kill te Vanberks and I was consistently killing vanberks 1-2 seconds faster.

It would be very interesting to see what this would look like if the Pin was +14, but based on the new re-balance of atk% I don't believe there would be a whole lot of difference.
Also, I would like to compare magic damage in the near future.

It really is looking like the Crown is the superior head gear, especially if they add the missing +5 to all stats and Perfect Dodge; Someone please send out an email about this!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users