The Complete Super Novice Wardrobe (To be completed!) - Page 2 - Expanded Classes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

The Complete Super Novice Wardrobe (To be completed!)

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#26 templeton

templeton

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:49 AM

Which card would you recommend for a +9 Ascendant Crown[1]?
I play a melee SN.

#27 Keisar

Keisar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:17 PM

Which card would you recommend for a +9 Ascendant Crown[1]?
I play a melee SN.

That is a very good question.

Ascendant Crown changes a lot of things for Melee & Caster SN Builds.

For Melee, If you opt for Ascendant Crown that means you can no longer use Double Attack via Snake Head with Glorious Morning Star.

Is Glorious Morning Star still the best DPS weapon for SN?

I have yet to obtain one to compare with RWC memory Knife but I assumed it would be better due to fast ATK Speed.

For Melee Novice the 3 weapons I considered were

StarDust blade with appropriate Malangdo enchants and card for either Crit or Atk Builds. Despite the malangdo enchants, this weapon has terrible Attack Speed.

RWC Memory Knife with RWC ring/pendant for High ATK.

and Glorious Morning Star for High Attack Speed and DMG mods for Demi-Human..

Glorious would still be good for PVP but maybe not so much for PVM.

You can drop double attack for Critical attacks but it's pretty hard to get really good Crit for SN without putting a ton of points in LUK.

Back to your original question my natural instinct was to use a Carat card for more SP but I am reconsidering this because the crown gives me SP and if I get an Advance Angel Reincarnation I get even more SP, I may be able do something interesting like

[Dark Illusion] + [Dark Lord]

That is an example, now that I think about it, you may not want to put a combo card on your crown if you ever plan on getting God Items for your SN.

*Shakes Head* too many things to think about.

Does anyone have more current information?

New Weapons or Cards that may make older things obsolete?

#28 MrKisuke

MrKisuke

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:27 AM

Thank you Keisar for contributing. Was waiting for someone else to answer before I do :)

To comment on your response, firstly, Snake Head - not needed if you go for pure Mammonite build. High ASPD, and spam that. I never used a Snake Head. But if you want to, go ahead!

Now the main point...

I've replied to the question in the other thread, as the question is more related to the Q&A thread: http://forums.warppo...wers/?p=1859095

#29 Keisar

Keisar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:32 PM

Now I feel like I have to choose between family members when I get a Glorious Morningstar.

Glorious Morningstar would go well with Double Attack but I have also felt that CRIT would be more reliable especially with High Flee/Def characters.

I guess I have to see for myself what is better when I cross that bridge, it would be nice to re-allocate those 10 Double Attack points.

Also, I noticed that in your forum post you are using Angelic Protection.

I am currently using Eden Group Armor with 2 +2 AGI enchants.

I have a Puente Robe in storage for now until I get my hands on a Black Frame Glasses and slot them with Incubus & Succubus cards.

I love the idea of maxing out high ASPD. After seeing your build I find it hard to justify my original idea.

I have to weigh the cost of removing the Eden Group Armor for Either Puente Robe or Advanced Angelic Protection for use with the Incubus & Succubus combo.

I don't have to slot BFG with Incubus, I could use another SP increasing card that would complement the +50 SP the Eden Armor has; especially if I somehow get a Brynhild.

Eden Group Armor has some nice bonuses but I think the fact that I can get +4 AGI from it is what is most attractive.

Can you even enchant Advanced Angelic Protection like it's lesser version? According to the Q/A thread you cannot enchant Advanced Angel Protection.

If I can get my hands on the 99 Love Balloons(Can't find IRO DB link but other sites say it's only +1 to stats not +2, can anyone verify?) & (Pegasus Ear Wing or Black Devil Mask) I think it would work better for my Hybrid Build.

I'm thinking of forgetting about replacing Eden Group Armor now.

Going back to the Ascendant Crown, I read that you can submit a ticket to correct the erroneous stat bonuses.

MrKisuke, can you please submit a ticket to have the crown corrected since you know more about it?

Edited by Keisar, 12 August 2014 - 06:43 PM.

#30 movingcactus

movingcactus

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Server:iro chaos

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:37 PM

hi there, i am working on a melee sn, and am base lv 99 and job lv 86. after i finally expand, if i ever get there, with sword mastery, axe mastery, double attack, and a chick hat, what would be the best card to put in star dust blade? andre or zipper bear for more damage? is the damage from sword mastery and axe mastery with double attack even good enough to make using a sword viable?

Edited by movingcactus, 12 August 2014 - 09:43 PM.

#31 Keisar

Keisar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:41 AM

Star Dust Blade has it's value as a weapon.

Pros:

Level 4 Weapon Upgrade Bonuses

Malangdo Enchants

Gains ATK+ via Sword Mastery, Axe Mastery, and Weaponry Research.

Cons:

Big ASPD penalty

Only 1 card slot.

There are several things you can do with the Star Dust but the best and easiest thing you can do with it is to turn it into a CRIT weapon.

Slot it with a CRIT increasing card (http://ragnarok.wiki...tack/Rate_Cards) or Crit Damage increasing (Aunoe

Get 2 Sharp 5 malangdo enchants. (You have a decent chance to get this with Sea God's Anger)

Rely on Weapon upgrades for bonus ATK.

You may focus on ATK by using Hillsrion or Zipper Bear cards  (Andre was made Obsolete by Hillsrion)

And the Highest Fighting Spirit enchant you can get (9 has a very low chance and could make this configuration not worth the effort).

This is only advisable if you have absolutely no intention of getting a RWC Knife with Accessories or Glorious Morningstar.

Be aware that Sea God's Anger and Silvervine Fruit are quite expensive.

Sword Mastery, Axe Mastery, and Weaponry Research.require a lot of Skill points, I would advise you to spend those points elsewhere for.

Another weapon that you may want to look at is Orcish Axe as it is not that hard to obtain, has 4 slots, and good ASPD.

Edited by Keisar, 13 August 2014 - 06:18 AM.

#32 MrKisuke

MrKisuke

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:32 AM

Keisar, once I found out about Glorious Morning Star being available for Super Novices, I worked hard to get one as soon as possible and defaulted it as my weapon.

Eden Group Armor does look really good, but once you're high enough level, you should consider switching to Angelic Protection and enchanting it for AGI+3 and card it with Succubus Card.

But Puente Robe is kinda nice for the +5% increase with recovery items, especially for Super Novices.

As for the Incubus, you don't need to use BFG[1], since they are expensive, you can go for alternative Mid-slotted gears like Elven Ears, Blush, Mini Glasses etc. Unless you plan to use the Mid-gear for other classes in an all around purpose and if you can, then go for the BFG [1]. I'm actually considering using Elven Ears or Mini Glasses for a combo.

About the 99 Balloons, I was a bit skeptical on whether its +2 or +1, but just went with +2 instead hahaha. Changed it. It shows I don't own one my self, nor a Black Devil's Mask.

@movingcactus, Keisar gave a good response to your question. Just to comment on it, stick with the StarDust Blade. However... if you want more ASPD later on, drop the StarDust Blade and go for an over-upgraded Orcish Axe (70 ATK) as it will maintain relatively good ASPD. It's dropped with 0 slots, but it's cheap to try and Socket Enchant it to get [4] Slots. After which, if you want to be creative you can use the following cards:

Bloody Knight - Adds a 2% chance of using [Meteor Storm] Lv 1 on the target when doing a physical attack.

Hatii Bebe - Adds a 5% chance of using [Frost Diver] Lv 3 on the target when doing a physical attack.

Mutant Dragonoid - Adds a 5% chance of using [Fire Ball] Lv 3, or the user's level if its higher, of the user's level on the target when doing a physical attack. ATK+15.

Hillslion Card - ATK+25 Or Zipper Bear (ATK+30) if you don't mind the [Drains 1 SP from the user when physically attacking] from Zipper Bear Card (Just to increase the ATK of the weapon)

That would make a fun weapon to play with - not a serious leveling weapon as the ATK overall will be low (70+15+25=110 or 115)

Would be ideal to go for 4x Hillsrion Card for +100 (Or 120 from Zipper Bear) ATK, giving the weapon an overall 170 (190) ATK.

Alternatively, go for a +9 RWC Memory Knife + RWC Ring combo.

If you have the funds and means to get the Glorious Morning Star, which is 2000 KVM, then get it. BUT, just think if it's worth getting - will you seriously max your SN out and make the most of the weapon?

Or do you have a Sura that can also make use of the weapon?

Edited by MrKisuke, 13 August 2014 - 07:37 AM.

#33 movingcactus

movingcactus

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Server:iro chaos

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:08 AM

thanks for the advice. i already built my sn with sword mastery and double attack, and am using the eden dagger 3, so i was thinking of maximizing the points i already spent after expanding by getting axe mastery and switching to the star dust blade and a chick hat. i know, i can always reset my skills, i just wanted to know if it was viable, and which card would go well in that kind of set up.

#34 OmegaDivider

OmegaDivider

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:29 PM

Hate to be a pain but...

If one were to tank MVPs etc as SN, what gear/cards would you suggest? I have a succubus card and am trying to snag an incubus, but would that be the best for their slots?

Thanks 

#35 MrKisuke

MrKisuke

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:10 AM

@OmegaDivider, please check the other thread 'Super Novices Questions& Answers'.

#36 OmegaDivider

OmegaDivider

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:22 AM

@OmegaDivider, please check the other thread 'Super Novices Questions& Answers'.

Ack sorry x-x

Could have sworn I read that too. Thanks

#37 Catastrophe2k13

Catastrophe2k13

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in oceania
  • Server:Renewal-Chaos

Posted 21 September 2014 - 09:57 PM

btw guys can eSN equip advance ROFL and ROR? Thx

#38 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:46 PM

btw guys can eSN equip advance ROFL and ROR? Thx

Sadly, no.

#39 Catastrophe2k13

Catastrophe2k13

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in oceania
  • Server:Renewal-Chaos

Posted 22 September 2014 - 09:52 PM

Awts, thx for answering

#40 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 September 2014 - 07:23 AM

Gotta add Faceworm leg andFaceworm Queen leg(after level 100 of course) to the list of daggers equipable by SN without  Link  :)

Edited by Alanthier, 27 September 2014 - 10:31 AM.

#41 dafluff

dafluff

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 64 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 08:50 AM

if  any one has a 0-9 Ascendant Crown [1] i will pay anywhere from 15 -130 for it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users