Upcoming Skill Changes(Pt. 8 FINAL); Battlemagician, Elementalist, Druid - Xenoa Armory - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Upcoming Skill Changes(Pt. 8 FINAL); Battlemagician, Elementalist, Druid

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#1 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:06 AM

Battle_Magician.png

Elementalist.pngDruid.png

Alteris mentioned in previous and current Live-Streams that the Development team wanted to make significant changes to the classes of Requiem Online, mainly in the Skill department. There have been discussions already regarding most of the classes and we want YOUR feedback! This is the FINAL Thread created regarding about the upcoming changes(Last One!). You can find the previous ones here...

Previous Threads ::

Protector/Commander Discussion

Templar: Tempest/Radiant Discussion

Warrior: Berserker/Warlord Discussion

Shaman: Forsaker/Mystic Discussion

Rogue: Shadow Runner/Assassin Discussion

Soul Hunter: Defiler/Dominator Discussion

Hunter: Ranger/Avenger Discussion

With your feedback, we would really prefer if you added reasoning behind your suggestion. Mainly in the "Math" of it. You would need to detail why this skill needs a 5 second stun or why it would deal x2 Critical Damage and so forth. The more details, the better our Development team can make it a reality!

EX::

Battle_Magician_Revenge_Telekinesis.gifRevenge Telekinesis :: At Max Level, the Duration would last for 5 minutes but the Chance of Reflection would be at 50%. Damage would be at a set +350 though.

Currently, we are going over the Battlemagician, Elementalist, and Druid Class. If you need any/more detail on these classes, please click on the links provided.

Your feedback/suggestions WILL help shape the future of these classes Temperions so please provide your feedback today! Please provide feedback for only the Battlemagician, Elementalist, and Druid Class for now. We will be going over other classes in the near future. Keep in mind that you can reference other classes comparatively but the main focus will be on the Battlemagician, Elementalist, and Druid Class!

Skill Information

Spoiler

#2 djfree

djfree

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:11 AM

Delete druid from game completely, make elem have one single skill, call it kamikazi, elementalist uses it and dies instantly doing 1 splash dmg with a 4m radius. 

#3 RadiantHelper

RadiantHelper

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 389 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:21 AM

OK druids need to be pumped up. Make invisible arrow instant. Make mysterious storm aoe stun. Make druid hush immune. Make dash 3 second cool down without dna. Make dash 40m range.

#4 oktay89

oktay89

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:28 AM

DRUID

The second most overpowered character after defilers. Can make an infinite stun/hush combo. High defense and transformation which protect him from stuns for unlimited time! Druid needs NERF!

Gravity Up - Reduce the duration  of the skill - 43 secs on lvl 7+DNA is way too much. It should be level 2 secs per level up - 2/4/6/8/10/12/14/16/18/20secs. Every DNA point should give 1 Second addtional time.

Contract with Doomguard - The invincibility against stuns makes the transfortion too powerful. To balance it limit the time a druid can stay transformed - On Level 10 it should be with 30 secs duration.

ELEMENTALIST

One of the most useless characters at the moment. To make it interesting:

1. Give him a very strong single target skill. It can be a 1 hit skill (the target the skill is used on dies instantly). With 2 mins Cooldown.

2. Give him a skill that increase the drop rate on raids.  +100% drop. It doesnt stack if 2 or more elementals are in the party

Edited by oktay89, 16 July 2014 - 09:28 AM.

#5 Spud

Spud

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 625 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:30 AM

Early S2 Elem damage or slightly less than what it was is all i ask for, just like Overbearing Clamor failmentalists got overcorrected with the dmg in nerf and are practically useless without mall

Also Holy Bliss, Magic Attack (cant think of name), Fairy Kings Protection, as well as druids Promise of Trust and that crit buff (Cry of Will? Posting at work lel) should change Single Target --> Party Buff

Ill let other people bitch about druids

Edited by Spud, 16 July 2014 - 01:32 PM.

#6 BumblefootV7

BumblefootV7

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:31 AM

OK druids need to be pumped up. Make invisible arrow instant. Make mysterious storm aoe stun. Make druid hush immune. Make dash 3 second cool down without dna. Make dash 40m range.

LOL yes please

In all seriousness though. Elem was the most played class at one time. What changed? Well dash was taken off first skill tree and given to only druid. Bird was heavily nerfed to the point wearing it is like suicide if your attacked.  Those 2 skills kept elem mobile as much so as a druid.

1.Make dash a 1st job skill again

2. Make bird transform buff the player not debuff them. Why would you want it to debuff the player when they cant even attack anyone while transformed. Seems stupid to me.

3. Rage of bugs AOE should be an elem skill (i say this becuase elem was once a dot attack class)

If you make just these simple changes you will soon see all magic based druid change elem and druid go bk to a physical ss class like it was always suppose to be. I mean druid has a dam tank tranform why is it using magic attacks? It can taunt but can only attack at mid range? This makes no sense at all. Druids are suppose to be like a 2nd choice tank in PVE but it hasnt been that way since very early S2. I remember when my old guild Supreme Alliance first did LW. We would have a druid tank/kite it and a row of rangers, avengers in the center. Thing couldnt drop any totems cause it was always moving.

p.s Incase you wondering i was an elem in S1 addicted to playing Ion Mine. You where literally the fastest most mobile class in game. You could out lap another player switching between bird and dash contantly spaming dots. If that elem was put back in game id drop my new druid right away and change to elementalist.

Edited by BumblefootV7, 16 July 2014 - 09:35 AM.

#7 RadiantHelper

RadiantHelper

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 389 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:31 AM

Oh I like that drops idea for elem. Hell make it a lvl 90 ski that works like a cm. Boy elems would become popular. But only for afking in raids

#8 detestthehero

detestthehero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • Server:the empty one

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:34 AM

Make proper gear for Druid so they can be played as a melee class as they were MEANT TO BE. OH ya "new" is too much work for them.

#9 WorkYaDangNag

WorkYaDangNag

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 376 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:16 AM

I agree with Hero, Druids shouldn't be what elms use to be, caster oriented, they need to be melee. I would move Rage of Bugs to the Elem tree as well and make the magic buffs that elms have do more magic damage.

Raging strike does like what, 30ish damage at lvl 10 and bliss of fairy does 90 with 10 points and 10 dna. Compare that to Blood Lust that the mystic has which is 213 or so with dna at lvl 10. Why make that so weak?

High Concentration (havne't use this skill in forever, doubt it was fixed) This skill use to be damage % and now it is broken and does only like 10 damage. 2 min cooldown 35 sec duration. (TOTAL SHYT!) but no dna unlike zerker for cooldown. after all, Elem is just a caster version of zerker, or well, is suppose to be.

Edited by WorkYaDangNag, 16 July 2014 - 10:20 AM.

#10 sonemere

sonemere

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2350 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:43 AM

druid/warlord is the basis by which all classes should be balanced up to.

elementalist:

need ridiculous magic damage buff to be able to even function at this point. bliss of fairy i would say close to equaling a lvl 65 tbf staff as a dual buff. 24-142 magic damage not specific elements!!!   a hi low range balances what before was static amount.

elementalist single target nukes need to be doubled in damage.

they need aoe dna for lct

change magic mastery to magic range skill. 3-14 meters

druid: are hybrids just like avengers...

their defense can be toned down a bit. not much. 20-30% is fine.

staggering shout stun needs to be 2-3 sec.

storm slash needs to only work for 1 sec. take 14 sec off the cd.

all transformation skills need to only have 5 levels. their purpose is well defined after 1 point and theres no improvement after that.

heres a random thought...put doomguard in elementalist? :thumb: after thinking about this its probably the best solution i can think of fixing pvp stun problems with druid...and it wouldnt take anything away from the druid class. i reeeaaallllyy like this idea.

Edited by sonemere, 16 July 2014 - 11:17 AM.

#11 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:47 AM

Get Rid Of Stuuuns!

Bam done on all 8 of these.

I feel that Elementalist lost its strength due to the poorly scaled equipment system. The strength of Elementalist is the ability to hit a target with a spell they are weak against. This means if you see a Bartuk Warrior Type coming at you in a Fierce Storm set, you don't use your flame based attacks. The equipment progression system negates this as people get 80% resistance against all types of attacks. The system also does not allow for elemental weakness, just varying degrees of defense. A good counterbalance to high fire resistance is negative water resistance. This would make Elementalist more effective in its role of using the right element to do the most optimal damage. The other issue with Elementalist is that skills go to 10 instead of 5. This means you only have access to a half as many skills which means you have half as many alternatives. To me Elementalist is a class that capitalizes on variety to exploit weaknesses.

So my fix to Elementalist would actually be redoing the equipment system and less focused builds.

Edited by Cleffy, 16 July 2014 - 10:55 AM.

#12 BumblefootV7

BumblefootV7

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:54 AM

Get Rid Of Stuuuns!

Bam done on all 8 of these.

You are looking for call of duty. I finally figured it out. :thumb2:

#13 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:57 AM

You are looking for call of duty. I finally figured it out. :thumb2:

Pretty much. Although I would say moving away from the -_-ty mmo model of PVP and move it into the competitive multiplayer model of PVP (Shooter, MOAB, RTS, Card Games).

Edited by Cleffy, 16 July 2014 - 10:58 AM.

#14 BumblefootV7

BumblefootV7

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:11 AM

card games? wtf . Dude you are seriously in the wrong genre of game. How did you end up in requiem so long ago? All mmorpgs with any form of pvp have stuns. I challenge you to name me 1 that has no form of stun.

#15 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:31 AM

old debate here:

->

http://forums.warppo...-1-discussions/

&

->

http://forums.warppo...-2-discussions/

:Emo_20:

#16 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:32 AM

I feel there is a place for stun, but to me it lacks the strategic insight for the effect given in Requiem. Pretty much a duel is you click a button and whoever clicked it first wins the duel. In Battlegrounds, you just ignore using melee classes that are not immune to stun because the only thing you will accomplish is doing suicide missions. That's not strategic, not competitive, and to me not a fun experience. Its the main reason I choose the PvE server, because the PVP elements of this game were lacking.

To me, a stun should have elements of timing and preparation. The effect on the player should be, I goofed and now I am less likely to win. Not, I was not fast enough with the stun now I lose. This really is not possible in the current game with the stun bugs. I also really don't trust the current developers to correct these shortcomings in design. So I feel the better alternative is to remove them completely. Stuns as I have noted have been implemented in several mmos such as Mabinogi, Vindictus, and Black Gold. Pretty much every mmo that has some focus on PVP elements does not make their stuns the deciding factor in every encounter.

I use card games merely as an example of competitive multiplayer games. I feel the best source for PVP design comes from Competitive Multiplayer and not from MMOs that tend to have shallow combat and strategic systems. For a game like Requiem that is supposedly horror, its missing many key horror design traits like resource management and collection, surprise, and a scary atmosphere. Most of the changes I would like to see in Requiem focus directly on missed horror elements.

Edited by Cleffy, 16 July 2014 - 11:35 AM.

#17 Howako

Howako

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 885 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Not Requiem

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:29 PM

This^ in case ya scrolled past n didnt notice ;)

great info in there and most of the ppl that posted there have given up and quit, but their opinions still matter here.

Edited by Howako, 16 July 2014 - 12:30 PM.

#18 Nikio

Nikio

Battlemagician Class Rep

• Members
  • 498 posts
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:50 PM

#19 morticyan

morticyan

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Server:Earth

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:03 PM

this -> hp buff Single Target -> Party Buff <-      not just for elementalist also for promise of trust or other supportive buffs from any other class that can be applied for a friendly target  :p_love: 

#20 AngelicPretty

AngelicPretty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1514 posts
  • LocationKiwiland!
  • Server:FOC

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:17 PM

So have played  lvl 24, 49 as BM, 69 as Ele and Druid, and 85-90 as Ele/Druid.

Pretty much all as PvP ruining the game for hundreds people. Tested all skills vs all classes.

Reread the old topic. I still think what i said there other than giving elem dash.

Gravity has never really know what to do with Druids. how to implement them.

When Druidele patch came my 65 Ele lost over 1k damage overnight. So understandable that many went to druids to gain that damage back.

This shift of classes will happen again if you nerf druids to much. Like sure i used to love phys druid but if you go make druid phys again will kill it for many since they all have magic gear.

BattleMag.

Leave as is.

24 BM is OP as meep. but no one plays that lvl foc so dosnt matter.

Balanced in 49 compared to other casters. Dies to Melee like its supposed to.

Sure its def buff sux but hey most classes has a -_-y buff or two.

RageStrike is pathetic. Could put it back to its old values but ya other things are more important. and as i said the class is pretty balanced.

Don’t give them dash. stupid idea. ye i played S1 BM was fun but its pretty OP skill.

Elementalist

Always thought of them as games best 1v1 pvp caster. should be a glass cannon - they currently don’t fill this role at all. They should be able to beat any caster np np 1v1 yet die to certain melee classes.

uber damage but low def.

Thing is many people have epic HP and caped resistance. Ele has 2 stuns 0-4m and 4-30 with cast time. no way a Ele currently can kill anyone in this time let alone get there hp quarter or half.

• Make single target buffs party buffs.
  • Make Magic Mastery percentage based not static (i.e. take Higher Concentrations effects)
  • Make High Concentration SCAD based. With DNA. Skill goes up +50 SCAD per lvl. Sounds a lot but considering most people have umber HP at 90 along with cap res I think it be ok.
  • Make Clairvoy/stealth detect eithe rlike it used to be or make it work up to 45m at lvl 10
  • Magic Counter Attack needs adjustment. lvl10 = 70% chance to reflect 25% of magic damage 28% of the time. (has DNA to increase chance) Zerkstarget  reflect is epic and its the melee version of elem.
  • Move Rage Of Bugs from Druid to Elem tree.  Stupid an “Elementalist” dosnt have all elemental attacks but a druid does.
  • Move Gravity up to Elem. reduce its duration. make cast time 2.5secs.

NEW SKILL

lvl50 or 60.

“Elemental Learning”

6 skill levels to skill. each skill level will add a resistance (i.e. cure, light, wind etc) each level decreases Elems Defense much like rangers PBF.

now skill could either be either of following-

1. once resistance is learned it reduces target resistance to that element by 40% when working out damage.
  2. when Ele attacks with say an Elec based attack but has learnt new Elemental Learning. the attack is turned to Elemental and will use the targets lowest resistance to work out damage. i.e. target 80% all res other than to 60% light. the Elems elec attack will use targets Light resistance if it has learnt the Light part of Elemental Learning to work out damage.

Druid

Needs balance badly but if nerfed to hard people will just leave game or Job change.

Used to be phys based. with many of the phys skills being on BM tree. Guess the thinking on changing to magic based was “Oh -_- community is QQing BMs can still attack when hushed and stun… easy fix lets just turn all the attacks magic based"

Option 1

Keep pretty much as is but-

• Remove ROB to Ele.
  • Remove AOE stuns from Inferno and Doomguard make single target. Being able be behind a wall and stun people is silly.

Think with just those two changes the class will be balanced fine. Hell even just removing its AOE stuns  leave ROB it would be fine.

Option2

• Make trans based. Make Phys based.
  • Give it strength not inter bonus per player lvl.
  • Cap BM skills at 49 so druid can’t take them higher than that. i.e. Myst Storm lvl 4, Invis Arrow stun lvl 4 etc
  • Lets buffs and effect gained from trans skill stay not be cleared when trans is off. i.e. if layer goes DG and gets HP then let that HP buff stay when DG turned off till its kicked or timesout.
  • Make all inferno attacks AOE
  • Move from BM to druid Vivory (dragon/birdy)  druid. lessen negative effect.
  • give it all of the current non trans attacks and buffs including dash.
  • Give it gravity up.
  • make reflect stronger.

this with BMs vine could be fun.

We used to QQ no sets other than 70 for phys druid. Now with compounding we can make Druid sets.

second option would suit the class the most but kill it for some time.

Also removing ROB would also fek a lot people off who PvE as its the main pew skill.

Kim

Edited by AngelicPretty, 16 July 2014 - 06:49 PM.

#21 sonemere

sonemere

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2350 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:21 PM

-why give rob to elem when u can give elem lct aoe dna? 5 pnts 7 targets

-give elem aoe wastewater dna. 5 pnts 7 targets

-if blis of fairy is a high low/range 20-80/150-550 pure magic damage the buff is balanced unlike before where it is a static amount. their magic buff has to have light damage so their heals increase as well!!!

-turn magic mastery into a magic damage range mastery.

this way elem can hit targets with aoe lct, mysterious storm, potens bliss, and hcl acid etc. at 45m.

-give elem doomguard. noone says anything about druid or elem being op anymore ^^ double hp buff tank YES!!!

mind enhancement = Increase Party Members' MND +1500 +2000 +2500 +3000

Edited by sonemere, 16 July 2014 - 06:36 PM.

#22 explicid17

explicid17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1170 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:41 PM

give elementalist 1 type of skill for each magic type; fire, electric, curse ect.

give them OP Physical and caster group buffs so that they seem more useful

Battle_Magician_Holy_Bliss.gif Holy Bliss change to group buff! not single target it takes way too long to cast on everyone in battlefields

Edited by explicid17, 16 July 2014 - 06:43 PM.

#23 AngelicPretty

AngelicPretty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1514 posts
  • LocationKiwiland!

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:48 PM

-why give rob to elem when u can give elem lct aoe dna? 5 pnts 7 targets

-give elem aoe wastewater dna. 5 pnts 7 targets

-if blis of fairy is a high low/range 20-80/150-550 pure magic damage the buff is balanced unlike before where it is a static amount. their magic buff has to have light damage so their heals increase as well!!!

-turn magic mastery into a magic damage range mastery.

this way elem can hit targets with aoe lct, mysterious storm, potens bliss, and hcl acid etc. at 45m.

-give elem doomguard. noone says anything about druid or elem being op anymore ^^ double hp buff tank YES!!!

mind enhancement = Increase Party Members' MND +1500 +2000 +2500 +3000

Wish there was a negative vote button on forums.

u Want make a 1v1 toon AOE nuker at 45M!!!!

WTFast!

#24 sonemere

sonemere

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2350 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:53 PM

i would vote the same for ppl that only think of pvp... thats what ruined the game.

i also suggested rangers get aoe diversionary firing replacing lengthened. 4 sec slow at auto attack range.

Edited by sonemere, 16 July 2014 - 08:26 PM.

#25 AngelicPretty

AngelicPretty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1514 posts
  • LocationKiwiland!

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:14 PM

u dont need 45m to nuke a mob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users