• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Yerioah

Yerioah

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:17 PM

Hello guys! I've recently made an acolyte and followed the guide stickied on making an FS priest (btw im trying to make an fs too).

However Ive found myself having a hard time leveling. ive maxed Heal and tried heal bombing on payon cave but i cant 1shot those zombie and its almost impossible to deal with the familiars. Ive put all my stat points to int hoping for a more stronger heal bomb but to no avail.

Can I ask for some suggestions?  :thx:

#2 Karusan

Karusan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:26 PM

For easiest leveling, play as agi battle character.  Once you hit priest, you can heal an entire party with Sanctuary and SP Recovery lv 10, even with low int.  When you hit lv 99 high priest, reset to fs build (int/vit/dex).

Reset at Hypnotist at prontera, go for agi/dex and a strong mace.  Get 25 dex asap, then build 70 agi.  Get a few points in int for sp recov and vit for status resist.  Max Heal, Bless, AGI first.  After you get priest, get SP Recovery 10, Sanctuary, and Magnificat.  You could take spiritual thrift too to save more sp, and with sp recov lv 10 and magnificat, you will never run out of sp, and likely won't need more than 20 int even in parties as long as you heal mostly with sanctuary (this does take a bit of skill), but I'd take some sp items if you have to heal spam for some reason.  Also, buy a healing staff for turn ins - you won't be meleeing there.  

The best part about the build is that it can solo competently, and you'll want to focus on undead/shadow to use aspersio with.  Glast heim abbey and graveyard are great.

Regular Priest skill build : http://irowiki.org/~...dAhEcFmn1qEbNak

High Priest : http://irowiki.org/~...cCkNsNqEbN1cFJy

You can continue to AB as battle build, but it dramatically drops in effectiveness after 3rd class -- you simply need aoe, which battle ab doesn't have.  That being said, battle priest/high priest are both a lot of fun and don't require a lot of investment, but if you have money to spend it will make it much faster.

Edited by Karusan, 16 July 2014 - 06:30 PM.

#3 Yerioah

Yerioah

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:43 PM

Thanks for the suggestions! however if I to TI with this battle priest, will my stats be enough for them to survive? I mean I have low int. Plus I can only reset skills with the hypnotist if I remember correctly so you know I have to spend for reset stones in which I really do want to buy.

But really thanks for the suggestion :) This could be good cause I have very limited funds to spare.

#4 Karusan

Karusan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:21 AM

Thanks for the suggestions! however if I to TI with this battle priest, will my stats be enough for them to survive? I mean I have low int. Plus I can only reset skills with the hypnotist if I remember correctly so you know I have to spend for reset stones in which I really do want to buy.

But really thanks for the suggestion :) This could be good cause I have very limited funds to spare.

In TI's you won't have to survive, you won't be doing the killing.  You will be staying way back chucking sanc's at your team, out of danger.

And it's a free reset, as many times as you want, by the shops in prontera.

You can't reset your stats, but as a FS AB, you still want high AGI to resist bleeding - one of the most debilitating statuses to get on a FS.  None of your stat points are wasted, and you will have plenty of points left over for int and vit.

Edited by Karusan, 17 July 2014 - 02:22 AM.

#5 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:03 AM

you can reset stats, but it's not free.  assuming your character is pretty low level, then there's no real point wasting reset stones on a stat reset.  If you wish to stay the FS route and are having difficulty with non-undead mobs then i would try and find a partner to level with.  once you hit 70 you should have no problems finding groups for the daily turn ins as a priest.

You can always also go the agi battle route outlined above.

#6 Yerioah

Yerioah

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 03:37 AM

In TI's you won't have to survive, you won't be doing the killing.  You will be staying way back chucking sanc's at your team, out of danger.

And it's a free reset, as many times as you want, by the shops in prontera.

You can't reset your stats, but as a FS AB, you still want high AGI to resist bleeding - one of the most debilitating statuses to get on a FS.  None of your stat points are wasted, and you will have plenty of points left over for int and vit.

No, what I meant was If my stats were enough to "heal" them. Will they have no problem if I just use sanctuary as my healing skill instead of heal because I would have very low int? I mean im expected to heal them and buff them and with my low mana pool I probably couldnt? or am I wrong?

I used a stat calc and at level 70, Id have 62 int, 70 agi and 30 dex if i go the agi route. Is it enough? is it ok if i dont have vit going into TI?

and hopefully my final question, will staying in TI be my best option to level to 99?

I appreciate the answers  :)

Edited by Yerioah, 18 July 2014 - 04:17 AM.

#7 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 10:25 AM

TI is generally the best option for quick leveling to 99 for all classes.  boring, but fast

#8 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 10:44 AM

In a proper party, you don't have to heal much and playing priest / AB is very easy and straightforward. The problem is, 90% of the parties out there are not planned out well, are unorganized, or have some fundamental flaws. Low TI parties are especially bad.

Most of this is due to the "tanks" or lack of tanks:

1) The tankers SHOULD have pots and should not ever need to be healed unless it's a gigantic mob in emergencies. I am quite firm with this because of cheap healing methods like Witch Hat + Alarm Mask, Snowiers, Rudolf.

2) There MUST be at least one dedicated tank.

3) "Pullers" are bad. "Tankers" are good. Camping low TI parties might "need" pullers but make sure those pullers are decent and can keep themselves alive.

4) If the tanker is pulling the mobs INTO the party instead of of standing IN FRONT of the party to tank them, this is a big mistake and is a waste of priest SP.

5) For high TI mainly, the tanker has to get first hit on many monsters or else they will change target. Using some AOE or reflect gear can accomplish this. Most "tanks" don't know this.

Sooooo if you somehow are lucky enough to have a REAL tank, you barely ever need to heal at all. My advice is to stand firm and don't let the party start until you make sure there is a proper tank. Just remember, dumb people in parties like to place the blame on priest / AB for parties failing, but often the problem with the party is because of the "tank" or lack of tank. Good AOE killers is a must obviously as well but everyone knows that part already.

#9 Yerioah

Yerioah

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 04:14 PM

In a proper party, you don't have to heal much and playing priest / AB is very easy and straightforward. The problem is, 90% of the parties out there are not planned out well, are unorganized, or have some fundamental flaws. Low TI parties are especially bad.

Most of this is due to the "tanks" or lack of tanks:

1) The tankers SHOULD have pots and should not ever need to be healed unless it's a gigantic mob in emergencies. I am quite firm with this because of cheap healing methods like Witch Hat + Alarm Mask, Snowiers, Rudolf.

2) There MUST be at least one dedicated tank.

3) "Pullers" are bad. "Tankers" are good. Camping low TI parties might "need" pullers but make sure those pullers are decent and can keep themselves alive.

4) If the tanker is pulling the mobs INTO the party instead of of standing IN FRONT of the party to tank them, this is a big mistake and is a waste of priest SP.

5) For high TI mainly, the tanker has to get first hit on many monsters or else they will change target. Using some AOE or reflect gear can accomplish this. Most "tanks" don't know this.

Sooooo if you somehow are lucky enough to have a REAL tank, you barely ever need to heal at all. My advice is to stand firm and don't let the party start until you make sure there is a proper tank. Just remember, dumb people in parties like to place the blame on priest / AB for parties failing, but often the problem with the party is because of the "tank" or lack of tank. Good AOE killers is a must obviously as well but everyone knows that part already.

WOW! Thanks for those informations. Uhm, out of curiosity, what do they mean by "stacking" the rewards from gramps? Thank you guys for the suggestions, I'm nearing to be a priest now, just trying to get to job 50.  :thx:

#10 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:04 AM

generally by stacking they mean performing multiple turn-ins while under the effect of a Battle manual.  this maximizes the effectiveness of the exp boost.

Generally you can do double up by turning in one set, and then picking up and turning in 2nd set before the BM runs out.

If your group is amazing you can do 3 by popping reset stones and taking TIs again.  this assumes you can get the right 800 kills in under 15 mins.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users