Quetzalcoatlx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:08 AM

SKER9XS.pngSKER9XS.pngSKER9XS.pngSKER9XS.png

Hey fellow Crecentias! Just as other class does, Your Crecentia VCR will post their reports in here and we will gladly accept your opinions/feedback about it.Suggestion would be great as well ! Thank you!  :lv:  :Emo_12: 

You can contact your VCR

- Quetzalcoatlx

- Premiumfeel

If you have any questions and suggestions :) 

Edited by Quetzalcoatlx, 17 July 2014 - 08:27 AM.

#2 Quetzalcoatlx

Quetzalcoatlx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:18 AM

VCR name :

Quetzalcoatlx

Date :

July 10, 2014

Class :

Crecentia

Class Issue Summary:

Currently, there are couple main points that are in need of attention

-      Gears and stats: Which include

o   WIS stats on Gloves *AoV gears*

o   WIS stats on Boots *AoV gears*

-      Skills: there are some certain skills that is useless, over powered and some other skill are bugged such as

o   Crucio

o   Land of Darkness

o   Awake of Darkness

-      Extras*** this isn’t a big deal but might add it as well.

o   Some costumes and accessories for noel are bugged, some doesn’t show at all, some make us bald. Lately, all the tickets I’ve been sending are all about costumes because they do not work right on Noels.

o   Mayhem – Since the Imperio’s effect was turned to HIT rate, this skill has become useless unless you’re fighting a healing class.

o   Stigma Mastery – I still cannot confirm the effect of this skill because the increase in Critical is only 5% which not really noticeable. And if it is also working with a party member.

o   Lack of creativity for noels started pre-AoV: this includes

§  Gears from Culvert of Abyss and Chaos Dungeon are the same.

§  Crafted Gears such as Osiris Gear and Himmelmez’s Gear look exactly the same.

Popular Suggestions:

The most popular issue that Crecentia has in game is the Crucio bug, this have cause a lot of trouble for other player but at the same time it’s also a big lost on Crecentia since it is one of our damage dealing skill that now we are avoiding to use to not annoy people. This issue has been in the game since the Advent of Valkyrie started and never got a fix.

Priority Fixes:

~  Skill rework is a top priority for Crecentia. There are several skills needed to be rework, fix, and change to make Crecentia become more compatible.

1.   Crucio – Advent of Valkyrie broke this skill. The new effect this skill does broke and bugs other people when you beat them in PvP related. I suggest removing the effect at the end and turn it back to the way it used to be. Damage wise, I know this skill has a very low DoT compared to the old one but the raw damage compensate for it and makes it balance.

2.   Awake: Darkness – The invincibility buff on this skill is still working and now the skill can be easily cancelled. Same goes for the soul maker’s awake, this skills should be fixed just like what have been done in Ymir.

3.   Land of Darkness – I got some information about this skill being buggy. First is the skill does not hit people using their hide skills. Another one is that, the skill doesn’t hit anything when you’re in a hill, mountain or curved surfaces.

Land of Darkness is a hill: http://forums.warpportal.com/index.php?/topic/124680-issues-with-skills/page-3

Gears and Stats: as mentioned before, the gloves and boots for Crecentia only gives WIS stat. Other classes got their desired stats on these gears. It also make the BlueSeed on these gears pointless.

General Feedback:

Right now, Crecentia is I think one of the balanced class in the game. (This is based on Colosseum) Easy target, long skill cool downs, no heals and such.

Change Feedback:

Imperio – the change on this skill was a bit over powered and at the same time is kind of sad because the duration of the skill is lowered to 10sec, which is I think is fair yeah but the cooldown was doubled.
Awake: Darkness – the skill finally got the fix, and is healing now when you used it. This is one of the desired fixes and finally got them even though it’s a ninja fix. 

Edited by Quetzalcoatlx, 17 July 2014 - 08:28 AM.

#3 HikariKouka

HikariKouka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:04 PM

Give us low cd cc skill so we can fight with range classes a.k.a ranger  :p_smile:

Make earthworm root target for 2s-3s maybe  :heh:

Make Levicorpus give us back 50% damage reduce even we don't hit any target with it.  :p_sad:

#4 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:24 AM

Give us low cd cc skill so we can fight with range classes a.k.a ranger  :p_smile:

Make earthworm root target for 2s-3s maybe  :heh:

Make Levicorpus give us back 50% damage reduce even we don't hit any target with it.  :p_sad:

you have a skill that drops your opponents hit rate to 0
and another skill that silences your opponent for 10 seconds... if you can't fight a ranger/sorc/wiz with 10seconds of them having 0 hit a 30% chance of them being silenced  no amount of new CC is gonna fix it...

Edited by StormHaven, 24 July 2014 - 10:41 AM.

#5 WakeUp

WakeUp

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:47 AM

the target must be 5meters close to get hit by those skill you mentioned tho.. anyway crecentia is fine the way it is, just fix that damn crucio death ò_ò SO and make it usable in colo too

#6 Quetzalcoatlx

Quetzalcoatlx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:36 PM

yeah, also the 5meter thingy is not true. there are some instances that it doesn't follow the 5 meters. Out of range bug is also a problem for it. Another thing is I tested it in ITS before and it only takes effect at 4.0-4.2meters instead of 5meters.

#7 HikariKouka

HikariKouka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:55 PM

you have a skill that drops your opponents hit rate to 0
and another skill that silences your opponent for 10 seconds... if you can't fight a ranger/sorc/wiz with 10seconds of them having 0 hit a 30% chance of them being silenced  no amount of new CC is gonna fix it...

Sorry I haven't fight a ranger for long time so I didn't notice that ranger was nerfed. Maybe I was wrong about Ranger's part.

120s cd is too long for 10s debuff enemy and I think it's too OP in 1vs1 PvP.

But I think we still need a low cd cc. I don't ask for OP cc. Just something dat help us dissable or lower enemy's healing effect in short time (Knockdown, Stun or debuff to half effect of healing skills on them) with 15s~20s cd so we can fight with classes that got self heal like SM & Priest. 

My suggest for now is remake Mayhem from 30% silence to decrease 15/30/45% healing effect on target for 10s and also Contingency  they really need to increase damage scale for this skill. It's just too low

Anyway have u met a SM with 10k and higher HoT? I bet you can't kill them in 10s with crec. I got decent gears with ~30% bs and ~20% for gs with good cards (Ant ghost epic+ with 5 upgrade) and also good tittle. (LCM & Plumeria)

The DoT from Furnuculus can't out damage those heal skills, they can easily out heal you in 10s and make u cry in next 10s  :rice:

This is just my opnion  :rice:

Edited by HikariKouka, 25 July 2014 - 12:03 AM.

#8 Quetzalcoatlx

Quetzalcoatlx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:57 AM

i recently fought an sm with 16k HoT, its dumb. Healers are Crecentia's enemy. I had to ask them not to stack cure before a duel start and do them inside a battle to be able have higher chance of winning. x.x devs has no clue how broken healers are right now.

#9 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1307 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:24 PM

As much as I love your mermaid, are there any talks about changing how pet damage should be calculated?

#10 HikariKouka

HikariKouka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:19 PM

Please! All classes that jelly with Crecentia's pet damage. The formular of pet damage was base on ur total physical & magic attack and Crecentia's Ignite passive boost our physical & magic attack BUT our skills got low scale rate to balance our damage output. If you guys really want to change the formula to decrease our pet's damage then be prepare for your pet's damage get decrease too because we all know gravity is lazy, they will always use same formula for everything.

I.E: (Physical)

200% Physical Damage on Diem Wind

250% Physical Damage on Bash

350% Physical Damage on Raging Blow

450% Physical Damage on Charge Arrow

245% Physical Damage on Rage Smash

250% Physical Damage on Double Attack

(Magic)

405% Magic Damage on Crucio

683% Magic Damage on Fire Bolt

548% Magic Damage on Holy Light

See? Our scale is lowest in all class.

IDK y so many ppl bitchy about our pet's damage. Plz notice that we did not use our pet in PvP and can only use it in PvE which is good for whole Raid/Party. WEIRD!

Edited by HikariKouka, 27 July 2014 - 02:01 AM.

#11 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1307 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:52 AM

No need to be so defensive, I was just asking a question. I'm more just curious if Crescentias are happy having high pet damage as a differentiating factor. If yes, then great, nothing needs changing. I'm fine with it regardless because it doesn't affect me in any way. But because like you said, since pets can't be used in PVP situations and Cres having lower skill damages as you so kindly pointed out, would that be a significant enough problem for your PVP?

Yes I'm aware of pet formula, it's outdated and not designed for AOV anyways. Yes I'm aware that changing it as it currently is will drop down everyone's damage and make no difference. But by changes, it could encompass perhaps the idea of certain stats affecting certain pets more. For example having the damage of Pet A based on Atk stat and Pet B based on Magic Atk stat (this is not a suggestion, it's just an example).

Anyways, to repeat, the question was if there's any talk about pet damage. Yes or no is all I'm asking for. Cheers.

#12 HikariKouka

HikariKouka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:33 AM

Sorry for being so defensive. I think it's ok for us to got lowest damage skill cuz we already got Ignite passive so it's balance imo.

Problems in pvp for crecentia now are: Criucio bug & some skills are useless

About changing pet formula, if I remember right they already did nerfed it once when AoV came.

In this video (LoTS) my mermaid was hit like 10k (white damage) and dot like ~2k

Now my mermaid hit like 6~7k and dot like ~4k with higher gears & higher seeds

So I think there will be no change for pet's damage formula. Also I think ur example will cause chaos among players since most of ppl are using mermaid lv 4 now. If they change the formula to PATK or MATK only for 1 pet then ... u know some players will rage and some will quit, ... etc  :heh:

I'm & I think all crecs are happy with the current formula so yea. No need to change pet formula  :rice:

Edited by HikariKouka, 28 July 2014 - 12:35 AM.

#13 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:23 AM

The formular of pet damage was base on ur total physical & magic attack and Crecentia's Ignite passive boost our physical & magic attack 

Was that really the case? I thought it was only based on your relevant ATK value, not the combination of both  physical + magical ATKs. IIRC, that was once the reason why the monk's pet damage wasn't working properly.

Ignition / Ignite did increase the benefits of STR and INT, but the crecentia gear usually had only half the values to begin with.

BUT our skills got low scale rate to balance our damage output.

200% Physical Damage on Diem Wind

[...]

You don't take the max skill level into account. Every class got a few skills with an increased skill level and usually these were the most favorite ones in Coloseum. Although Diem Wind isn't boosted, other skills of the Crecentia are and in total, that's shouldn't be a source for simple 'balancing' complains.

Pre-AoV DPS for bread-&-butter skills:

25% DPS for Warriors & Knights, Rogues, Assassins, Monks

22% DPS for Lightning Bolt

20% DPS for Crecentia

18% DPS for BMs [no cooldown]

19.5% DPS for Holy Light (39%, but 1sec casting time)

22.5% DPS for Charge Arrow (45%, but 1sec casting time)

24.5% DPS for Firebolt (49%, but 1sec casting time)

24.5% DPS for Cold Bolt (37%, but 0.5sec casting time)

All in all, that was quite balanced, don't you think?

With AoV, this balance is lost.

• A few skills were boosted, but not all.
  • weapon damage is excluded from the ATK value
  • magical classes a higher MATK rather than a higher weapon damage

This is the source of the inbalance and complains.

Because the MATK is scaled down by a constant factor and the result is added to the weapon damage, MATK is nothing but weapon damage in disguise. That means that you could 'balance' the magical classes and their pets simply by raising the weapon damage and lowering the MATK bonus accordingly. That wouldn't alter the resulting skill damage at all, only the pet damage.

If you guys really want to change the formula to decrease our pet's damage then be prepare for your pet's damage get decrease too because we all know gravity is lazy, they will always use same formula for everything.

[...]

IDK y so many ppl bitchy about our pet's damage. Plz notice that we did not use our pet in PvP and can only use it in PvE which is good for whole Raid/Party. WEIRD!

Harsh words!

To be honest, I wouldn't even mind, if there were be only buff pets or if they were no pets at all. Your class should be relevant, not your pet!

Your statement about 'PvE only' makes no sense to me at all. Why should a pet of a single class increase the grinding speed significantly, especially when the MPs gained can be used to gather more mats or generate other income as well? Isn't that a significant inbalence towards other classes already?

Edited by Greven79, 06 August 2014 - 02:29 AM.

#14 HikariKouka

HikariKouka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:29 PM

^ It's actually base on ur total PATK & MATK and since Crecentia got both from Ignition so that why our pets are strongest in all class.

It's balanced in our skill scale rate because we already got Ignition so it's ok for us. I was talking about AoV here so don't bring pre AoV.

And let me tell you. No matter what u want to change to the formula. Crecentia's pet will always be the strongest and u guys will keep bitchy about it forever.

Like I said, they did changed (nerfed) the formula once and the result is same as pre AoV. Are u expect the devs creat a individual formula for each classes? Please! We both know what Gravity is.

I told you it's PvE only because the devs know pet can bring too much inbalanced to PvP so at first they dissabled it in Colo and after that was WoE.

"Why should a pet of a single class increase the grinding speed significantly?"

Yea increase but it's increase for all party members. You talked like you can solo grinding at DW?

"About gather more mats or generate other income as well?"

Let's me tell you, just give me a Knight and u use Crecentia. Let's farm Muka and see who generate zeny faster. It's about how big ur bags are.

Talked about Crecentia, what u think about it? A class with strongest pet right?

About Knight? Tons of Defense since they changed the formula for shield refine right? Also SF is very good in raid which coming in few weeks later

Warrior? The badass dude with big sword and 1 hit K.O strike right?

Then talked about Ranger, what u think? A class with high mobility and fast attack right (also high crit rate)?

And about BM? OP HP.

Assassin? High mobility, high crit rate, can stealth, got self heal and can deal more damage defend on enemy's defense.

Rogue? High crit rate, use dopping, can k.o enemy with a single moonlight dance and also got self heal.

Priest? OP stun, self heal and even got higher dot than a crecentia can deal (skills only)

Monk? Legend of Asura Strike, no need to talk much about this.

Sorc? Well, a hybird range DPS & Support?

Wizard? This class need a buff. I mean huge buff.

SM? 10k or more self heal per 2s and link ?

Every classes that got it own individual ability (except Wizard). So stop bitchy about our pet, accept it and deal with it. I think u should try to ask the devs team make ur class better instead of being bitchy about others classes too OP and they need a nerf.

Edited by HikariKouka, 29 July 2014 - 03:15 AM.

#15 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:03 AM

^ It's actually base on ur total PATK & MATK and since Crecentia got both from Ignition so that why our pets are strongest in all class.
[...]
And let me tell you. No matter what u want to change to the formula. Crecentia's pet will always be the strongest and u guys will keep bitchy about it forever.

I can't prove the PATK+MATK supposition, but IMO it makes no sense to implement it that way. It's easy to code it like this:

userdPower = PATK > MATK ? PATK : MATK;

That's all. Either use PATK or MATK, depending which one is higher, but not both... just a single line.

So I assume that there is another reason why the Crecentia pet is so overpowered... and that's the high ATK bonus. Getting 6pts per STR or INT is just insane. An easy fix would be to make the pet damage based on the physical skill effect (includes the weapon damage as well) or to reduce the ATK bonus for the Crecentia and increase the weapon damage instead. Simple as that.

It's balanced in our skill scale rate because we already got Ignition so it's ok for us. I was talking about AoV here so don't bring pre AoV.

The skill multipliers haven't changed much from LotS to AoV, only a few skills have got a higher max level. Since that is true for any class, it's not advisable to compare only the skills that fit your assumption. F.e. you can't state that ja Warrior is inferior to a Monk just because a level 5 Bash (250%) has a lower damage multiplier than a level 10 Raging Blow (350%).

"Why should a pet of a single class increase the grinding speed significantly?"
Yea increase but it's increase for all party members. You talked like you can solo grinding at DW?

Still unbalanced. The Crecentia himself always benefits from a better grinding result, whereas other classes have a different outcome whether a Crecentia joined the radi/party or not. So generally spoken, a Crecenta will have a higher income and therefore the pet inbalance eventually results in an overall inbalance that can make it into PvP as well.

Forming a grinding party with three Crecentias, combining a lvl4 mermaid, a lvl4 Imp/Garbong and a lvl4 Sohee would accumulate this inbalance in such a high manner, that they're twice or even three times as fast as a regular grinding party without a crecentia, especially if a fourth Crecentia would add an inbalanced healing pet.

"About gather more mats or generate other income as well?"
Let's me tell you, just give me a Knight and u use Crecentia. Let's farm Muka and see who generate zeny faster. It's about how big ur bags are.

Sure let's try. I have a Warrior and I can tell you that a mermaid that ticks for 8k+ per second combined with the normal skills creates a higher average DPS output. Or we could try a team of 5 crecentias in a Chaos Seedrune grind vs a team of 5 Warriors/Knights... would be fun to see who's faster. And after that, we try to compare that with other 'BT less' classes like 5 Rogues, shall we?

Edit: Reformatted and added a few comments (see <highlighted text>)

Knight = Tons of Defense (OP BT for extreme crits)
Warrior =  1 hit K.O strike (due to an OP BT)
Ranger = high mobility and fast attack right (also high crit rate) (not necessarily overpowered at all)
BM = OP HP (HPs are rarely OP, unless you're used to one-shots, also has a lower defense => BM only OP heals)
Assassin = High mobility, high crit rate, can stealth, got self heal and can deal more damage defend on enemy's defense. (the last one already works?)
Rogue = High crit rate, use doping, can k.o enemy with a single moonlight dance and also got self heal. (so he can do what most of the other classes can?)
Priest = OP stun, self heal and even got higher dot than a crecentia
Monk = Legend of Asura Strike (that has the highest cooldown for a finisher, suffers against Knights / Warriors)
Sorc = Well, a hybird range DPS & Support?
Wizard = needs a buff. I mean huge buff. (or other classes need a reasonable nerf)
SM = 10k or more self heal per 2s and link (links are fine, so except for one skill [Cure], no issues?)

Every classes that got it own individual ability. So stop bitchy about our pet, accept it and be happy with it.

Although 'bitchy' seems your favorite word - at least currently, you've only put together some of the inbalances, also overexaggerating a few things. And you ignore the simple fact that a crecentia can one-shot as well, can put an opponent into a 10sec sleep that gives him enough time to buff/debuff, can reduce the hit chance, can slow the target, etc.

Every class ought to be unique and balanced. Arguing with the brokenness of other classes to preserve an own injustice is simply not the best argumentation.

There are powerful or unique skills in the crecentia's skill tree already:

• Best debuffs (Raw Tilt, 100% Hit decrease)
  • Best mass-'shut down' => Levicorpus can put 10 targets into a 10sec sleep
  • Best mass-slow => Earthworm slows 5 targets by 70% !!!
  • Best damage/cooldown finisher => DeathGrip deals 1050% damage or more every 10sec
  • Multiple powerful DoTs, including a mass-DoT that add together for a 'free' DPS increase
  • Only class with a 'thorn' effect that damages opponents whenever they deal damage
  • Puts stacks (Stigmas) on the enemy and theses stacks aren't consumed on skill use

It shouldn't be such a problem to fix the Crecentia skills by concentrating on these aspects. But as long as a few players are as bitchy as you are (and there are a few in every class), this game is doomed forever.

Edited by Greven79, 06 August 2014 - 03:51 AM.

#16 HikariKouka

HikariKouka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:50 AM

• Best debuffs (Raw Tilt, 100% Hit decrease) (OFC Crecentia was borned to be a best debuff lol)
  • Best mass-'shut down' => Levicorpus can put 10 targets into a 10sec sleep (Target will wake up if take damage and it's close range debuff)
  • Best mass-slow => Earthworm slows 5 targets by 70% !!! (Cast animation svck and it need time to reach targets)
  • Best damage / cooldown finisher => DeathGrip deals 1050% or more damage every 10sec => 105% per sec. (But can't use unless u r in Awake mode which have 10 mins cd)
  • Multiple powerful DoTs, including a mass-DoT that add together for a 'free' DPS increase (Multiple? You mean only Furnuculus? Wake up plz Crucio dot is a crap. The class that got multiple dot is Priest.)
  • Only class with a 'thorn' effect that damages opponents whenever they deal damage (I can say this skill is a mistake of the dev team, we are not tanker, this should for knight and also it need time to cast. No one gonna waste time to cast this useless skill in PvP or PvE)
  • Puts stacks (Stigmas) on the enemy and theses stacks aren't consumed on skill use (like for any other class) (Stigma ONLY increase damage of Tempest and Curse Burst)

"Sure let's try. I have a Warrior and I can tell you that a mermaid that ticks for 8k+ per second creates a higher average DPS output. Or we could try a team of 5 crecentias in a Chaos Seedrune grind vs a team of 5 Warriors/Knights... would be fun to see who's faster. And after that, we try to compare that with other 'more balanced' classes like 5 Rogues, shall we?"

LoL a mermaid tick 8k+ per sec? Where u find that monster Crecentia? Can I have a screenshot? This game is MMO just like RO 1. There someplace I can hunt and there's some place u can. Yea I admit Crec can farm BS faster than the rest but if you go farm boss then Ranger or Sin is better than the rest.

And ok just inbox me ur Knight id with equal gears/same bags compare to ur crec and I'll show u how to get zeny because I don't play here at NA server.

"Still unbalanced. The Crecentia himself always benefits from a better grinding result, whereas any other class 'suffers' depending whether a Crecentia joined the radi/party or not. Since a Crecenta therefore has a higher income (or can grind more Seedrune Boxes per hour), the pet inbalance eventually results in an overall inbalance that makes it into PvP as well.

Forming a grinding party with three Crecentias, combining a lvl4 mermaid, a lvl4 Imp/Garbong and a lvl4 Sohee would accumulate this inbalance in such a high manner, that they're twice or even three times as fast as a regular grinding party without any crecentia. A fourth Crecentia could use a healing pet just in case."

Let's me tell you, a lv 4 mermaid is easy to get and I guess all Crecentia can get it but lv 4 Garbong is not. Not to mention no party use more than 2 Crec (1 mermaid & 1 elder) because they will overlap the dot. Crec can't tank mobs in DW, they will get trouble at luring mobs if there is a party with 4 or 5 crecs like u said (A LOT TROUBLE)

Imp/Sohee lv 4 is  the best thing to do when u want to waste ur time/money in it. The dot from Imp/Sohee is 2s and the dot damage is much lower than mermaid (lv 2 vs lv 3) also the attack speed is slow.

"So it shouldn't be such a problem to fix the Crecentia skills and after that, he simply don't need a botted pet to define this class.

But as long as a few players are as bitchy as you are (and there are a few in every class), this game is doomed forever."

You are just feel jelous because u can't do everything on ur own class. Crecentia is already balanced in PvE/grinding but they need a little improvement in PvP to have chance against healer classes. That's all I was asking for but u come out from nowhere and bitchy about our pet.

There is no perfect balance in any game. Just stop asking for nerf to others classes and give the dev ideas for ur own class.

This game is doomed forever because there some ppl like u go around and bitchy about everything that others classes have but ur class don't have.

Yea u are pro coder and Gravity devs can't do a simple code like u did. Whatever  :heh:

Edited by HikariKouka, 29 July 2014 - 04:27 AM.

#17 Kupfner

Kupfner

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:26 AM

8k+ mermaid dot, possible but u need to be great to achieve that (mrfall3n mermaid dot is 8800). Talking of grinding speed, its not bout the matter of cresentia pet being OP but of how well geared ur. Dont believe? Ok lets make a comparison

1. Mermaid level 4 is something not easy to get, u need spam a lot stacks of DNA before u can level 4 it, not to mention the requirement tonget level 4 is by having a certain number of pets (well i forget the number). Need hard work and or money to get it. So u think if every1 make cress then can skyrocket the dps by using mermaid???
2. Every own class have certain ways in their skills to maximize the grinding process without reliance to such a level 4 pet. Ever think sorc with max lov and thunderstorm can dish out 20k-40k every lov using embus? Ever think warrior and knight with their BT can make 5k crit per hit among the multiple hits in brandish/grand cross? Ever think priest will catch the mermaid cres dot judt by using ME with asper? Well find out urself the way, i believe there must be a way.
3. Last but not least, gears that u wear really count. Joser cresentia compared to osiris/himmelmez other class user is completely joke.

Oh ya 1 more thing before i forget, even u guys now cry the hell grinding rate in dw, then do u expect more tedious grind in dw post cresentia pet nerf??

Edited by Kupfner, 29 July 2014 - 07:29 AM.

#18 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:54 AM

Point 1: Farm RSX lvl 1 instead, if you don't like to farm mermaids. Due to the higher 'rarety' of RSX, he will be nearly as good as a level 3 mermaid.

Point 2: You use Embus as an argument? Wow! Since you were eager to concentrate on other broken things (BT & Priest DoT), but stated: "Every own class have certain ways in their skills to maximize the grinding process", feel free to give us examples for the remaining classes as well.

Point 3: Nonsense. Mermaid damage = percentual based on your overall power. A mermaid is less effective with Joser gear, that's right, but so are all other skills or classes. So all in all, it doesn't affect the "overpowered"-ness.

Edit: Missed that one (judge by yourself):

Ever think priest will catch the mermaid cres dot judt by using ME with asper?

Ok, just a simple calculation:

A mermaid that ticks for 8.8k every second would require Oratio from an asperio-boosted Magnus Exorcism to deal 17.6k instead, simply because the latter triggers only every other second. With a 200% damage for Oratio, it would require a skill effect of 8.8k. After substracting the weapon damage, you have to have 10 MATK to increase the physical skill effect by 1 point. The Priest you've mentioned would "only" need a MATK of approximately 75~80k to achieve what you've stated.

Edited by Greven79, 06 August 2014 - 03:59 AM.

#19 TifaValentine

TifaValentine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • Server:In Another Dimension~

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:01 PM

Note:

The "out of range" bug happens, unfortunately, for pretty much all classes, ranged or not. I have used both rangers, sm, AND assassin on colosseum for example; I get the awful bug no matter which I play. Ranged classes just happen to have a lil more luck on this and not have it as often as for melee/closerange classes. I haven't used crecentia in colo yet, but Ive talked to those who do.

#20 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:14 AM

[snip]

It's hard to take a Crecentia seriously that doesn't know that an Imp/Garbong ticks every second as well. I've put both the Imp and the Garbong together, because they use the same effect: Ignition.

And if you doubt that a mermaid can tick for 8k or more, just ask Quetzalcoatlx to invite you for a Chaos Seedrune run.

I wouldn't join a normal grinding party though, because he seems a bit 'off' leveling his alt a.t.s.t.

And just to make sure, Sohee is a grade 3 pet. Feel free to check this site before you make any further statements.

A party of more than 2 Crecentias would be still valid, as long as each of them either uses a different DoT pet or the usual damage dealing pets that all stack normally.

But to keep on talking about a mermaid:

This pet was always inbalanced. It's a level 23 field monster. So it has a lower level than other grade 2 pets and is easier to farm than equivalent in-door monsters like Vadons or Obeaunes. The unusual 1sec trigger is another issue.

Therefore it would be just 'logical' to address this inbalance seperately - beside any other class balances. Another easy fix that would stand beside all Crecentia class balance discussions would be to lower the grade of a mermaid (increasing the Vadon or Mimic to grade 3 instead) and changing both Electric Shock and Ignition effects into a 2sec DoT. That alone would reduce the inbalances between pets and give players more options to choose from.

So except for the premature mis-use of the word 'bitchy', you haven't brought up any argument about what makes the Crecentia so underpowered in PvE that this class deserves a pet-inbalance to compensate. That means, if an 8k+ DoT mermaid is 'balanced', there as to be a significant drawback... a much lower damage output compared to other classes. A monk's mermaid level 4 deals like 1.5k damage, so you're stating that the Crecentia lacking a damage output of least 6~6.5k damage per second compared to that monk.

But at least you had the muse to comment the points I've given you that make the Crecentia unique and special. Sadly however, none of your complains made it into a VCR report or were at least discussed here!

Instead, you were eager to point out the skill multiplier differences between Deem Wind and other skills, ignoring the casting time or skill level. So if this is the way inbalances are determined, it might be advisable to simply stop the VCR system.

Yea u are pro coder and Gravity devs can't do a simple code like u did.

LMAO. There are things like duped costumes/seedrunes, ensured dye results, hacked skill values and channel-changing 24h bots in the game and you think that fixing the mermaid formula would be such an issue.

Edited by Greven79, 06 August 2014 - 04:11 AM.

#21 TifaValentine

TifaValentine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • Server:In Another Dimension~

Posted 04 August 2014 - 03:49 PM

LoL a mermaid tick 8k+ per sec? Where u find that monster Crecentia? Can I have a screenshot? This game is MMO just like RO 1. There someplace I can hunt and there's some place u can. Yea I admit Crec can farm BS faster than the rest but if you go farm boss then Ranger or Sin is better than the rest.

Oh dear... Yes. There are several crecentias with a lv4 mermaid doing around 8k per tick already, and not all of them are even SO geared as you think they are. No power 40 or op blue/red seeds or op hones or crap like that, yet their mermaid can reach that much. I can just take screenshot of it next time I see one? But you'd have to ask these crecentias yourself if you want to know about their gear or stats.

I agree, some classes have a better time grinding/farming in some places than others do. Some are not even meant to be a grinding class at all. But everyone adapts the best they can. There's always a role we all can fill in a party, so long as noone decides that a pet should replace it.

Let's me tell you, a lv 4 mermaid is easy to get and I guess all Crecentia can get it but lv 4 Garbong is not. Not to mention no party use more than 2 Crec (1 mermaid & 1 elder) because they will overlap the dot. Crec can't tank mobs in DW, they will get trouble at luring mobs if there is a party with 4 or 5 crecs like u said (A LOT TROUBLE)

Imp/Sohee lv 4 is  the best thing to do when u want to waste ur time/money in it. The dot from Imp/Sohee is 2s and the dot damage is much lower than mermaid (lv 2 vs lv 3) also the attack speed is slow.

I still believe a "pet" shouldnt be what defines a class. Just as I don't like how some people see Embus pet as a vital part of a Sorcerer's "build/skilltree", I don't like how crecentias seem to be almost forced, by some untold common agreement, to have a lv4 dps pet such as mermaid or imp or w/e. It should be optional, and balanced in some other way. A pet should never be part of a build, because its a totally external thing. The class should be already good in its own. I dislike how more people is beginning to see crecentias role in parties/raids/anything as "the one who summons op pet dps" -__-' Its clear this was never really the intention for the class...
But I guess this is what people expect from them already...

#22 WakeUp

WakeUp

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 12 August 2014 - 07:41 AM

LoL a mermaid tick 8k+ per sec? Where u find that monster Crecentia? Can I have a screenshot?

14metg5.jpg

Edited by WakeUp, 13 August 2014 - 05:38 AM.

#23 HikariKouka

HikariKouka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:22 AM

LoL a mermaid tick 8k+ per sec? Where u find that monster Crecentia? Can I have a screenshot?

14metg5.jpg

If that you pure damage without buff then I'll be impress :))

But nah I think can reach that amount of damage too if I got same buffs as u :))

#24 WakeUp

WakeUp

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:49 AM

those links are just level 1, just to show you a mermaid can tick over 8k.. of course with no buffs and no ymir would be 6.2-6.4k damage

#25 Quetzalcoatlx

Quetzalcoatlx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 05:28 AM

if I sold my soul to INT type my mermaid would tick about 8k. Sadly I am pure STR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users