#1 Alteris

Alteris

Awarded #1 Troll

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 882 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:19 AM

Hello Guys,

So as you know we've been working on features for this game some time now and I would like to announce something that will be brought into Requiem once 168 hits.

168 will bring in the new Voxyon raid dungeon. While there is a quest line that takes you to the area and inevitably into her lair, she is located not too far from Rondel. We tried to do something a little different with Voxyon as a raid boss. As we've seen with raid bosses, there really is no danger involved with fighting them. It's more of an endurance race and see how long you can take out it's millions upon millions of health. Voxyon will actually be quite different in that regard as she will have a lower amount of HP for her level. 

Voxyon will also bring new loot. Level 90 armors will drop from Voxyon and as well as the first Legendary Weapon in game. The Legendary weapon will have some pretty crazy stats, but please understand that this item will be very rare and hard to obtain.

Mercenaries!

You've all seen the Alpha Temperion Quests and we have expanded on that drastically. These mercenaries came out of the gates pretty weak, but our balance staff has gone back and fixed some bugs as well as boosted the overall power of the Mercenaries. These mercenaries will have unique skills from one another. Expect more in the future!

Level 70 quest hub!

The quest hub for level 70's will be put in and will feature an instance dungeon that can be done either solo or as a group. You'll learn more about the history of the Temperion project and give a much needed advance in the story line.

Premium Bonus increase!

We've increased the Premium Bonuses in requiem. More EXP boosts and More Lant bonuses!

Mana Regen!

We increased the amount of mana players can get from their regen during a battle.

Frost Tokens!

There will be additional ways of getting Frost Tokens!

---------------------

What's in the future after this patch?

- After this patch there will be a shift in focus from adding new content to fixing some old bugs and working on class balancing.

So no new content?!

- No! We are only shifting focus. That means more people working on bugs and class balancing, a little less on the content. There will still be content, just not the primary focus.

When is XXXX class getting balanced?

- When we get to it =) We are going in the same pattern as when we open discussions, so expect the Defender/Protector/Commander line to be first!

#2 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:28 AM

thanks for sharing some cool Informations keep em coming! :Emo_12:

#3 Unbound

Unbound

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:36 AM

Illusions of "content", more false promises, distractions, and a 65% forge... the cycle of decay and destruction continues.

Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is ?

#4 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:22 AM

lol I was just reading how most of the things added in this update are things mmo players are beginning to hate. Quest Hubs and legendary weapons.

I think there is some positive to what you said and some negative.

First on Voxyon, its a great idea that you are making the raid boss more than just endurance. We will have to see how its implemented to see if it was a good method.

Second on Premium Subscriptions getting more XP. That is also a good idea, a lot of the reason for being a premium subscriber has been reduced over the years.

Third, MP regen methods. I think its a bad idea purely on game design principles. MP regen has been a balancing factor and some players have decided to forego MP regen to increase attack power. This means you will be taking away from the players with a more balanced build to give players who had a low endurance build more power.

Fourth, More ways to get Frost Tokens. Good idea, its always good to expand means of playing a game.

Fifth, Quest Hubs. I was just reading a lot of complaints on quest hubs. They take away from the immersion, exploration, and discovery of a game. Many of the players from different MMOs have been regarding quest hubs as a lazy developers method for adding generic quests.

Sixth, Legendary weapons. Players are also starting to hate exclusionary content. It hurts PVP balancing and alienates casual players. Also in some implementations there are... random stats. This means some guy who spends weeks getting a legendary weapon suddenly finds out they got -_-ted on by the final roll.
Finally, I don't see how you can reallocate 1 dev taking direction from 2 idea men between multiple projects at the same time and it turn out successfully. I think you should rethink your development setup since your team is too small for the amount of idea men you have.

Edited by Cleffy, 17 July 2014 - 11:37 AM.

#5 explicid17

explicid17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1170 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:23 AM

Voxyon will actually be quite different in that regard as she will have a lower amount of HP for her level. 

Finally, now you guys are getting somewhere, adjust all bosses and add new items that you can get from reducing carus gear to trade in for lant as an alternative to farming lant with an AoE character. So people would log in everyday do all the high level raids and then wait for the raid reset.

Premium Bonus increase!

We've increased the Premium Bonuses in requiem. More EXP boosts and More Lant bonuses!

Good job! now impliment mall items into vendors and you will have everyone that plays this game as a premium player

and make 65% forge permanent so that people dont  log off on monday and wait 3 months until the next forge event to log in -.-

Edited by explicid17, 17 July 2014 - 11:25 AM.

#6 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:46 AM

reinforce for Armor,Wep + Accesorry is so meh...

gimme Reinforce Event for my free fast Rex for my free Costume...for my first Second and Third Job...

oh wait...

#7 MacMad

MacMad

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 727 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:04 PM

liked it in advance, will believe it when u r done ;)

#8 AngelicPretty

AngelicPretty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1514 posts
  • LocationKiwiland!
  • Server:FOC

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:02 PM

hope these improvements to Julie will include she has a few bags to store xeons, pots, ammo etc

also give them armor - obtainable from foc merchant or hell add new NPC for 5v5 cruddy map.

#9 IVixxl

IVixxl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:16 PM

And then, 90 armors will be crit % or cad/scad based?

#10 AngelicPretty

AngelicPretty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1514 posts
  • LocationKiwiland!

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:20 PM

lol imagine if the greedy m-_- make 90 armors double compoundable. first compound stat then compound scad or cad

#11 djfree

djfree

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:34 PM

Patch 187 Preview:

Game Is Kill.

#12 sonemere

sonemere

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2350 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:25 PM

the 70 quest better be enough exp for 3 lvls or they are just a filler... new boss hearsay...it isnt designed for endurance just + 30 only ppls....right?

"We increased the amount of mana players can get from their regen during a battle." ok so u looked and found out about the mana rec nerf. does this mean classes like commander warlord and mystic wont have to spam nm pots, wear magic damage rings, to play, or just that u actually fixed this long forgotten broken mechanic?

theres a big difference between the 2.

Edited by sonemere, 17 July 2014 - 11:33 PM.

#13 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:36 PM

lol I remember when they removed HP regen during combat. Although its annoying, you can kind of see the point as some people where out healing the damage they took. Unfortunately there were in-combat bugs over the recent year.

#14 TheNanny

TheNanny

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:20 AM

Mercenaries!

You've all seen the Alpha Temperion Quests and we have expanded on that drastically. These mercenaries came out of the gates pretty weak, but our balance staff has gone back and fixed some bugs as well as boosted the overall power of the Mercenaries. These mercenaries will have unique skills from one another. Expect more in the future!

Please add a quest or a special mob where we could get Infinity Atma to level up our Mercenarie. Thank you :)

#15 INeedANewName

INeedANewName

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 03:11 AM

Leave MP and MP regen alone at last, you have already made people too much trouble changing it   -_______-

#16 AngelicPretty

AngelicPretty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1514 posts
  • LocationKiwiland!

Posted 18 July 2014 - 03:59 AM

hushh u!!!!

i been wanting make mana  regend rad tank fr ages

i doubt the will put MP regen how it was but sttill    >:D

#17 Ser4ph1m

Ser4ph1m

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 04:09 AM

I hope in the future they add quest hubs for more lvls, 40,50,60... it's a great idea for new players. If this idea is good for lazy devs (what i think is not), is good for lazy players too.

More bonus for Premium is essential, better late than never.

You can't recruit Cleffy and Lith to help you? Why not? Maybe they accpetc mall as payment since worth more than dollar or euro  :Emo_17:

#18 RoxCore

RoxCore

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1016 posts
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 18 July 2014 - 04:47 AM

Please add a quest or a special mob where we could get Infinity Atma to level up our Mercenarie. Thank you :)

And hopefull debug them... my caster pet use only aa...

#19 sonemere

sonemere

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2350 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 08:43 AM

just put the robina mine repeat quest bak in and everything is fine! u wont have to do anything fancy.

#20 RadiantHelper

RadiantHelper

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 389 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:32 AM

90 armor is scc/pcc they do not want to make cad/scad sets and their goal is to attempt to make 72 sets obsolete so people stop using them due to the op dmg they provide. And I read somewhere they give water resist and are barely any better than 85 set. All these promises are great, except we haven't seen any successful or proper implementation of anything that the new dev team has provided. What I can't understand is, helium once stated that he agreed that the prices of mall items is too high and should be lowered. How come they still have not been lowered. It takes no time at all to drop the prices. In the end all helium does is just provide empty promises just to keep us cows paying and playing. I mean common where's that 10k community you speak of? Have you looked at nova? Its empty. Have you looked at trifri? Its either people afking in town or pk spawn camping. Your prayer event makes no sense when the drop rate is crap. Anyways I'm rambling, cant wait to see how you decide to do the skill balancing. Hope you realize if you -_- up you will be left with no community. Not sure how many people will keep playing after you mess up skill balancing that the community spent time on helping you out with, just to get spat in the face.

#21 Nerthu

Nerthu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 18 July 2014 - 01:22 PM

after all this bla bla since years, i belive it only if i see it.

#22 sonemere

sonemere

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2350 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:58 PM

just put the robina mine repeat quest bak in and everything is fine! u wont have to do anything fancy.

yea this was awesome times...i agree make it so and u dont have to worry about lvl 70-80 anymore...alt id off.

#23 detestthehero

detestthehero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • Server:the empty one

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:35 PM

Well some news is better than no news

#24 MacMad

MacMad

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 727 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 05:18 AM

Mana Regen!

We increased the amount of mana players can get from their regen during a battle.

---------------------

any details on this? im sure many build there chars arround the actual mana reg (or not?!)

i think giving more mana reg will make even more dmg builds available, cuz no1 needs to watch out for their mana anymore.

not sure if thats a great idea :questionmark:

#25 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:11 AM

Mana Regen!

---------------------

any details on this? im sure many build there chars arround the actual mana reg (or not?!)

i think giving more mana reg will make even more dmg builds available, cuz no1 needs to watch out for their mana anymore.

not sure if thats a great idea :questionmark:

There aren't build based on mana reg <-<

If you got good gears, u won't finish ur mana.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users