• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 devst

devst

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:03 AM

Hello guys, so I've got a problem installing requiem.

A few secs after I click 'install', an error pops up : 'blablabla couldn't install because a .cab file is missing'

What can I do? I'm using microsoft essentials anti virus and I tried reinstalling.

Thanks

#2 Sheogorathgaming

Sheogorathgaming

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:05 PM

i have the same problem its Media11.cab thats missing and ive tried everything to fix it including re-downloading the installation files

#3 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:27 PM

Make sure you are downloading from playrequiem.com. If you are then send in a support ticket. Since there are 2 of you with the same issue it could be on their end.

Confirmed Media11.cab is not being received correctly.

Edited by Cleffy, 17 July 2014 - 08:27 PM.

#4 Demtd

Demtd

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • Server:Nova

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:24 PM

I think it is on their end because I stupidly uninstalled due to login problems then tried to reinstall and I get the same message about missing Media11.cab

Sent a ticket I just hope they can fix it soon or direct me to a slightly older client download that will work.

Edited by Demtd, 17 July 2014 - 08:25 PM.

#5 dajeepman

dajeepman

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 03:24 PM

I'm having the same problem!!! I cant install the game, kept getting missing Media11.cab

#6 Ryden0388

Ryden0388

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 07:48 AM

I'm having the same issue any resolution yet?

#7 kairak

kairak

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 03:43 PM

was pretty interested with this game, but this issue cooled down my excitement to play it. will wait a couple days for a possible working client or i will just move on..

#8 Xarra1

Xarra1

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 12:40 AM

its really awesome i wanted to play again after some years and now i cant just install game? why u dont get it in torrent ? stupid media11 miss can u fix this omg? 

#9 Alteris

Alteris

Awarded #1 Troll

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 882 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 11:29 AM

Hello guys, 

Just popping in to say our team has investigated this issue and is working on creating a new download client. We should have one ready by tomorrow.

#10 chaosbr

chaosbr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 04:46 AM

Same problem here "missing Media11.cab"

#11 Gearless42

Gearless42

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:56 AM

Yep. missing media 11.cab

#12 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:13 PM

It's been 4 days, the issue still exists. Honestly, proper redeployment is not difficult. It should take maybe 4~6 hours depending on the steps to recompile the package and test. It should have been fixed 4 days ago. It is now a day later and the issue is still present. Why is your team getting paid to learn on the job?

#13 DjinnBart

DjinnBart

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:28 PM

On the 20th July you said "We should have one ready by tomorrow" 3 days and its still the same!!! Cant you just roll back the install and then put whatever into the update? Been away a couple of years and I really want to see how much has changed and play.... 

Any news or a update would be great.

#14 empadao03

empadao03

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:06 AM

Guys, I was having the same problem so far (tried an installation this morning, got the error and came here), then I tried something different from direct installing.

After the download of the installer files (that went up to the media5.cab file), I actually extracted them into a temporary folder to try a forced execution (cause when you open the .cab files on Winrar they actually show up the .exes and all other stuff). Well, it went no good, almost every .exe returned strange errors, but the curious thing is that the UPDATERUSA executable ran and opened the patch window. BUT FROM THE OLD MEMENTO MORI CLIENT (with this "Rise of The Reaver" update, things should certainly change in the patcher, but it was all the same from the first time I've played Requiem, more than a year ago) O_O . So not only we have missing files, we probably have the wrong ones :/

#15 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:10 AM

I was informed by the development team that the new client is still being made. A post will be made here and on our Facebook once it's up. Sorry for the delay.

#16 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:06 PM

We have updated our Client. 

You can download it here

#17 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:17 PM

Success, back to doing what I was trying before.
Just an update, the default resolution is not set. So set it in the options in the patcher. This way you will be able to load into the game without it kicking you back to desktop.

Edited by Cleffy, 24 July 2014 - 03:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users