2 replies to this topic

#1 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 08 November 2010 - 09:13 PM

My idea is to rework how DNA works in the game to be a customizable and integral feature. It makes several sweeping changes to DNA in order to make it a more integral feature, allow the player greater freedom, and adds a deeper level of depth to the games general basis (bio-android killing machines).

The first sweeping change is what DNA would be. Instead of being related purely towards skills, they would also encompass character traits

The second sweeping change is how characters gain DNA. The player gains them through quests, from drops, as rewards from PVP, and automatically as they level up.

The third sweeping change is the player can freely altar their DNA in usage through an NPC. This would require the player to return to town, but they can re-arrange their DNA through a window similar to the one below.

Posted Image

*Image Legend:
Red Bar - Currently unusable slots.
Different Glows - Different types of DNA effects.
Faded out DNA Sequence - Unobtained.
unfaded DNA Sequence - Obtained.
Highlighted DNA Sequence - In use.

The final sweeping change is the player would gain stat bonuses, skills, or traits if they put the DNA in a certain order. Figuring out the order can be done through trial and error, or by finding information on certain DNA sequences. Maybe they would find an information disk on a mob that has a sequence, but its data is corrupted and its missing a couple in the sequence that the player must figure out.

#2 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 03:00 AM

Good idea =D

#3 CarpD

CarpD

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1109 posts
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 09 November 2010 - 07:12 AM

Nice.

But only problem with discovering sequences.
Unless it is locked, I can just look up in Wiki and find the answer or put my dicovery.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users