So I finally got in Morroc - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

So I finally got in Morroc

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 20 July 2014 - 03:13 AM

After a lot of time just lazing around in road of blessing farming union points and blood points I decided to look how the city looks.

And after looking around enough, I started seeing stuff like level 83 equipment and level 71 monsters and what is this? Did they raise the level cap? How do I unlock it? Because killing random mobs is giving me zero exp, so there must be something else. In that regard, I guess I've been wasting my time collecting basic colo gear. And thank god I never collected instance dungeon gear (although the CoA armor was cute).

On another note, I'm still interested in the storyline of all things. I left it right before the road of blessing dungeon where should I go rescue Aione. How should I complete this quests (since I want to watch the cutscenes and all)? Could I have any luck looking for a party? Should I do the RHD thing until it's that dungeon's turn? Should I beg four other people to help me out?

In the event I decide to skip it, where should I continue from? Should I help the baka quartet colapsed in the Morroc streets or is there any other quest prompt I've missed? (also, it sucks they've removed the old Kafra/special character close ups).

And I guess the sand fortress quests can be ignored, right? I've just been told to go kill someone because he shared his name with someone else and that's it. I won't be learning anything about Eremes or something else if I go there, will I?

Also, any tips on how to finish the master level introduction quest? When I saw all those guys charging at me I was so startled that I was killed before I had any time to react.

Oh! And now that I remembered, I once got into the Prontera chivalry, someone thanked me for completing my mission (which I didn't really) and teleported me to some place to kill some demons, but since they were tough I used a butterfly wing and left it for later. However... how can I go back? I have no idea of where that place was (I wasn't smart enough to open the map before fleeing).

#2 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 20 July 2014 - 04:57 AM

After a lot of time just lazing around in road of blessing farming union points and blood points I decided to look how the city looks.
And after looking around enough, I started seeing stuff like level 83 equipment and level 71 monsters and what is this? Did they raise the level cap? How do I unlock it? Because killing random mobs is giving me zero exp, so there must be something else. In that regard, I guess I've been wasting my time collecting basic colo gear. And thank god I never collected instance dungeon gear (although the CoA armor was cute).

No, they're never increasing the original level cap. The only way to fight those monsters is via Master Levels. And getting Master Levels is akin to pre-Renewal grinding on RO1.

#3 Telovi

Telovi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 July 2014 - 05:05 AM

And after looking around enough, I started seeing stuff like level 83 equipment and level 71 monsters and what is this? Did they raise the level cap? How do I unlock it? Because killing random mobs is giving me zero exp, so       there must be something else. In that regard, I guess I've been wasting my time collecting basic colo gear. And thank god I never collected instance dungeon gear (although the CoA armor was cute).

Yes, the cap increased and you can unlock it by becoming Master Level.

On another note, I'm still interested in the storyline of all things. I left it right before the road of blessing dungeon where should I go rescue Aione. How should I complete this quests (since I want to watch the cutscenes and all)? Could I have any luck looking for a party? Should I do the RHD thing until it's that dungeon's turn? Should I beg four other people to help me out?

In the event I decide to skip it, where should I continue from? Should I help the baka quartet colapsed in the Morroc streets or is there any other quest prompt I've missed? (also, it sucks they've removed the old Kafra/special character close ups).

And I guess the sand fortress quests can be ignored, right? I've just been told to go kill someone because he shared his name with someone else and that's it. I won't be learning anything about Eremes or something else if I go there, will I?

The story was so good that you're wasting half of your life by not knowing it. Totally do the main quest.

Also, any tips on how to finish the master level introduction quest? When I saw all those guys charging at me I was so startled that I was killed before I had any time to react.

Oh! And now that I remembered, I once got into the Prontera chivalry, someone thanked me for completing my mission (which I didn't really) and teleported me to some place to kill some demons, but since they were tough I used a butterfly wing and left it for later. However... how can I go back? I have no idea of where that place was (I wasn't smart enough to open the map before fleeing).

This is summary of all other players tips that I had read for the past few months. First, ready your dayr snake soup and red potion. Second, ask Sm for 3 stacks of Cure and Sorc for Earth Shield. Third, during actual fight it helps if you take out Rosary(the rogue) ASAP as he could stun and oneshot you. Fourth, live, die repeat until you complete the quest.

(something to keep as reminder: even if you manage to kill some of them before you drop dead and revive outside, you still need to reset dungeon and start over otherwise they're wouldn't appear when you go in. Not sure if this still happening now, though, but if you don't find any of them then you know the answer)

prontera chivarly? teleport? demons? tough? Must be Fallen Fortress. Teleport is the only way to enter and can be done by talking to what-the-name guards outside prontera chivarly. There are 2 of them that can warp you, one left and one right. Left one for south of FF and right one for north.

#4 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:28 AM

I see, thank you very much.

So the "item level 86" and stuff like that is basically flavor text, I see. I'll look into equipment in more detail later. By the way, is it possible to get the strongest weapons without the obnoxious smokes and auras?

As for the quest, I expected it to be hard, but not so hard that you actually need help <.<

#5 Telovi

Telovi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:16 AM

I see, thank you very much.

So the "item level 86" and stuff like that is basically flavor text, I see. I'll look into equipment in more detail later. By the way, is it possible to get the strongest weapons without the obnoxious smokes and auras?

As for the quest, I expected it to be hard, but not so hard that you actually need help <.<

The ML test was a stroll at the park when i did it with this character around 29 Dec, but the devs raised the difficulty around late Jan (i think) as a response for player's complaint about pre-ML contents become obsolete. This is Gravity way of "encouraging" new players to do raid since decent raid drop gears defeat the purpose of having other player's buffs, but with current all time low fresh-50 pool, grouping up a team wouldn't be easy unless you're in a guild (active). Anyway, one problem at a time (like our devs current mindset).

#6 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:46 AM

Raid gear, huh? If I remember correctly, colo gear was about the same level as CoA. Would that be enough or should i go for Abaddon of Despair? (are Chaos and Osiris meant to be challenged before master level?)

#7 Axtar

Axtar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:05 AM

Actually, PVE/Baph raid gear are adequate for the ML test, and are easier to obtain than AoD/COA gear. The latter have (unfortunately) been rendered pretty obsolete by the Dayr desert gears, which are immediately accessible upon passing the ML test; most do these dungeons now solely to unlock Chaos or finish khara.

For the ML test, bringing a couple of Prime Red Dayr Potions and/or Dayr food that will continually buff your HP for a set amount of time (these will not be interrupted even by combat) helps quite a bit. Getting buffs from other classes do make things easier, especially the SM cure. Nevertheless, some classes will find the ML exam easier - hide classes, for one, get time to prepare inside, whereas the struggles of the SMs to pass is pretty notorious.

Osiris is meant to be accessed at ML12 and above, so level up in Dayr Desert at Condors and Mukas, depending on your level. Chaos was originally meant to be challenged pre-ML, but most unlock it after maxing out now, in order to get green seeds.

Edited by Axtar, 20 July 2014 - 08:10 AM.

#8 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:17 AM

I see. Thanks, that was useful. I guess I'll start with all this in a few days when I can buy the colo sword and helmet. Being a knight I don't need much preparation while inside and I can survive (but even then that level 71 skeleton two-shot me. There must be a world of difference between level 45 gear and ML gear).

If I really need to go in raid dungeons it will be party time, I have zero experience.

#9 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 20 July 2014 - 10:13 AM

if you have half colo gears go and do ml test you will win easily

#10 Sestuplo

Sestuplo

RO2 Volunteer Class Rep

• Members
  • 750 posts
  • LocationGMT +9059 (WarpPortal time)

Posted 20 July 2014 - 02:48 PM

The item levels will have a use pretty soon

#11 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 04:09 PM

I'm scared.

#12 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 05:13 PM

I think this will be my last group of questions, now about equipment.

I've been seeing these B-C-D ranked gears in Morroc, which looking at the master level, seem to be exactly like previous "story" gear. First question would be, since they share icon, do they all look the same? Second: where do you get their improved versions? Common mobs? Dungeons? Quests? All of them?

Then in the desert I've noticed a large number of landmarks, as well as the "D.Whisper" thing in Morroc. Are any of these instance dungeons? Do they have special equipment sets?

And lastly, I found this set marked as "unknown"

sEY4zU7.jpg

Does it belong to any equipment obtained in the aforementioned places?

#13 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 20 July 2014 - 11:36 PM

Ml1 rank D:
White gear NPC
green gears dropped by monsters
Blue gears craftable with recipes dropped by monsters
Ml11 rank C
As the previous one
Ml20 epic gears recipes dropped in osiris and mats to craft them inside the temples in dayr desert
Ml21 useless if you have osiris works as ml1 and ml11 and so on until ml 30 that works as osiris

All the gears have the same icon but look different if weared also the color change
The "unknown" gear is actually impossible to get but exist in game files

#14 xMagik

xMagik

Amateur Blogger

• Members - No Sig
  • 440 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 20 July 2014 - 11:38 PM

the ML equipement can be crafted, but you need the receipe and the mats for it

however, in morroc ch1 there are a lot of people offering crafting services

you get the mats by killing mobs or you can buy them with ml points from the merchant npc 

#15 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:18 AM

Oh, I didn't even consider crafting,

And wait, what do you mean "works as Osiris"? Is it a special set or the ML20 set?

#16 xMagik

xMagik

Amateur Blogger

• Members - No Sig
  • 440 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:24 AM

well the osiris gears and the himme gears don't drop already made, only the receipes drop from bosses

also, they are tradable, which means you can just buy them from AH if you have the zeny and you don't want to bother farming for mats and finding crafter

also +20 orisis gears are quite cheap now if you ask me

what Shinyusuke meant was that the ML21 gears have worse stats than the osiris gears. The only gears better than osiris are the himme ones himmelmez ones. (slightly better) ah also lich (ML27) are a bit better than osiris i think

when i grinded for ML i used chaos eq with joser weapon then switch for the osiris set after ML20. 

Edited by xMagik, 21 July 2014 - 02:26 AM.

#17 Saturn33

Saturn33

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • LocationFolding@home

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:43 AM

ya, i also curious why:  :questionmark:

menace gear label as item level 80.

joser gear label as item level 85.

osiris gear label as item level 85.

witch gear label as item level 90.

lich gear label as item level 90.

himmelmez gear label as item level 90.

#18 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 04:44 AM

Wouldn't it be also recommended to ignore ML20 gears as well in favor of Osiris?

And let's see, I understand how Osiris and ML (Dayr Desert, Pilanium, ¿Ashtrack? and whatever A rank is named) gears I made.

Now I'm lost with names.

First is Chaos. I guess you get there through some NPC warp in Prontera (and someone in Divided Plain for Abaddon of Despair? Not like it matters for this), is the gear there crafted too?

Then there's menace, joser, witch, lich and himmelmez. Those names don't seem to fit ML or raid dungeon gear names. What are those and where are they obtained? I though Dayr Desert temples were already busy enough with ML gear.

#19 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:52 AM

Avoid chaos raid gears you would need too long to get it all the gears names you don't know are the nel ml 21-30 gears but you can avoid them all if you have osiris, i suggest you:
Pass ml
Buy or farm ml 1 green gears and start grind
Chose to craft ml1 blue gears or ml 11 blue gears ( they are similar ) while grinding (you need the blue ones to survive in osiris
At ml 20 craft or buy osiris gears, put runes in it, hone it maybe a bit of refining, and jump all the other equipments up to ml 30 when you will get Himmelmez ml 30 gears

#20 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:55 AM

I didn't intend to collect chaos gear. Although I'm curious about how it (and anything I might skip) looks.

Oh, I thought "A" would be the last of it. Where are those obtained anyways? Same places as the 1-21 ML gears? Darkwhisper?

#21 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:25 PM

I didn't intend to collect chaos gear. Although I'm curious about how it (and anything I might skip) looks.

http://forums.warppo...mbnails-beware/ (Tier 4 armor)

Edited by ZeroTigress, 21 July 2014 - 09:25 PM.

#22 Saturn33

Saturn33

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • LocationFolding@home

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:42 PM

Wouldn't it be also recommended to ignore ML20 gears as well in favor of Osiris?

And let's see, I understand how Osiris and ML (Dayr Desert, Pilanium, ¿Ashtrack? and whatever A rank is named) gears I made.

Now I'm lost with names.

First is Chaos. I guess you get there through some NPC warp in Prontera (and someone in Divided Plain for Abaddon of Despair? Not like it matters for this), is the gear there crafted too?

Then there's menace, joser, witch, lich and himmelmez. Those names don't seem to fit ML or raid dungeon gear names. What are those and where are they obtained? I though Dayr Desert temples were already busy enough with ML gear.

Oh, I thought "A" would be the last of it. Where are those obtained anyways? Same places as the 1-21 ML gears? Darkwhisper?

chaos gear are chaos dungeon boss drop.  :p_smile:

Master Level Gear

Rank D

ML1 blue, Menace - craft.

Rank C

ML11 blue, Joser - craft.

ML20 purple, Osiris - craft.

Rank B

ML21 blue, Witch - drop.

ML25 blue, Ashkaron - craft.

ML27 purple, Lich - drop.

ML30 purple, Himmelmez - craft.

Rank A haven't release yet, it is ML31-40. 

Edited by Saturn33, 21 July 2014 - 09:46 PM.

#23 xMagik

xMagik

Amateur Blogger

• Members - No Sig
  • 440 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:57 PM

yes, it's useless to collect chaos now, i had the chaos eq from before master levels were launched

for my alts i just got joser eq for farming 

Edited by xMagik, 21 July 2014 - 10:03 PM.

#24 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:26 AM

Oh thank you. I had seen it before but didn't make the connection.

Master Level Gear

Rank D

ML1 blue, Menace - craft.

Rank C

ML11 blue, Joser - craft.

ML20 purple, Osiris - craft.

Rank A haven't release yet, it is ML31-40. 

Oh, I see. I assumed they would also use the Dayr Desert and Polinium names.

#25 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:25 AM

Deset scorpions = ml1 green gears needed to craft the menace ones
Desert storm = ml 11 greeb gears needed to craft menace geard both are dropped by field mobs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users