Is Red Beret Tradeable? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Is Red Beret Tradeable?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:59 PM

Is Red Beret Trade-able?

#2 bloodyrascal

bloodyrascal

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2543 posts
  • Location.
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:02 PM

No. And they have no plans to make it tradeable.

#3 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:05 PM

damnit bring the quest back for one week then s0 i can do it

#4 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:10 PM

regret always come later

#5 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:23 PM

It was bound because it was botted to hell.

#6 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:32 PM

it sucks cuz i got 3 of em that ill prolly never use... all enchanted too... was hoping to sell them

#7 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 21 July 2014 - 03:35 PM

sadbess work plus exams =no ro= loss of headgear/life = I died

#8 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:11 AM

You know, when the event started, and all you could kill to get points were the ants, I was told that I should wait until the next week. So I waited. The next week, they introduced new monsters, the scarabas. They were too hard for any of my characters at the time. So I started killing the ants again, but didn't get into it very much.

The third week, they said they were adding an NPC which had a quest, and which could get you more points. I had half the points needed to get the hat, and was hopeful. Yeah, that quest involved killing MVPs. By this time, some people were hunting the scarabas, trying to kill the MVPs (but could only rarely get to them thanks to campers) and I was left to hunt the ants with higher leveled players and bots taking everything out and trying (and rarely succeeding) in looting me.

During the entire event, there were a bunch of bots. We saw that on the first week. Venders selling hundreds if not thousands of those plans and cookbooks. So the GMs made everything (except the points themselves) account bound. So with a few hundred points on one of my other characters, I hunted the ants with my main hunter. Competing with bots and max-leveled characters. It took me until the day before maintenance on the third week, but I *finally* got mine. And got enough points to successfully enchant it with crappy stats 3 times in a row. And y'all wanna take away the account binding? If you do that, 90% of the hats that will be sold will be from those that used bots to get them. You want that? After complaining about the bots to begin with? Nah. I'm cool. I got mine. Worked damn hard too. If you want to be lazy and *buy* headgear, that's cool. But not this hat. If it's unbound, the botters win. And they're only waiting until the hats get unbound. Sell your unwanted hats to NPCs, pout that you didn't do the "lame quest" and get yours, and that it's too late. Do whatever you want. But leave these hats account bound.

#9 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:27 AM

You know, when the event started, and all you could kill to get points were the ants, I was told that I should wait until the next week. So I waited. The next week, they introduced new monsters, the scarabas. They were too hard for any of my characters at the time. So I started killing the ants again, but didn't get into it very much.

The third week, they said they were adding an NPC which had a quest, and which could get you more points. I had half the points needed to get the hat, and was hopeful. Yeah, that quest involved killing MVPs. By this time, some people were hunting the scarabas, trying to kill the MVPs (but could only rarely get to them thanks to campers) and I was left to hunt the ants with higher leveled players and bots taking everything out and trying (and rarely succeeding) in looting me.

During the entire event, there were a bunch of bots. We saw that on the first week. Venders selling hundreds if not thousands of those plans and cookbooks. So the GMs made everything (except the points themselves) account bound. So with a few hundred points on one of my other characters, I hunted the ants with my main hunter. Competing with bots and max-leveled characters. It took me until the day before maintenance on the third week, but I *finally* got mine. And got enough points to successfully enchant it with crappy stats 3 times in a row. And y'all wanna take away the account binding? If you do that, 90% of the hats that will be sold will be from those that used bots to get them. You want that? After complaining about the bots to begin with? Nah. I'm cool. I got mine. Worked damn hard too. If you want to be lazy and *buy* headgear, that's cool. But not this hat. If it's unbound, the botters win. And they're only waiting until the hats get unbound. Sell your unwanted hats to NPCs, pout that you didn't do the "lame quest" and get yours, and that it's too late. Do whatever you want. But leave these hats account bound.

Nice rant good job to u....

Any way i had no time to do such things and i want that headgear glad u did the hard work good for you. but for me id like the hat is all. Either bring the quest back so some people who miss it can have a chance or have it tradeble.

#10 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:42 AM

id sell 2 of mine if they were tradable... it would have been nice if they had said they were account bound at the start of the quest... i spent all that timegetting points to make 3 red berets and enchanting them 3 times each only to be stuck with them and ill never really use them...

#11 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:16 PM

I don't think they were. If I understood everything correctly, nothing was bound the first week. The second week, they made everything account bound due to bots. I maybe wrong, though.

Nice rant good job to u....

Any way i had no time to do such things and i want that headgear glad u did the hard work good for you. but for me id like the hat is all. Either bring the quest back so some people who miss it can have a chance or have it tradeble.

Trust me, I know where your coming from. I'm only able to get on 4 days per week, and at those times, I have a lot of interruptions due to having a family. So I miss out on a few things here and there. Hell, today is the first day of the week I'm able to get on, but I haven't been able to log in yet. But I was able to do it. After all, the quest was only in for a month.

If it were up to me, I'd say sure, unbind them. But with the botters sitting on perhaps dozens of these hats... No. I'd rather they sit on those indefinitely.

#12 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:53 PM

I don't think they were. If I understood everything correctly, nothing was bound the first week. The second week, they made everything account bound due to bots. I maybe wrong, though.

Trust me, I know where your coming from. I'm only able to get on 4 days per week, and at those times, I have a lot of interruptions due to having a family. So I miss out on a few things here and there. Hell, today is the first day of the week I'm able to get on, but I haven't been able to log in yet. But I was able to do it. After all, the quest was only in for a month.

If it were up to me, I'd say sure, unbind them. But with the botters sitting on perhaps dozens of these hats... No. I'd rather they sit on those indefinitely.

I agree if it wasnt botted so dam hard it prob would have been trade-able. But im still hoping its trade-able some day or be able to do the quest for it

#13 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:56 PM

I don't think any kind of vanity gear like that should be untradable. However, I would not want them to become untradable until all the bot ones were destroyed and IMO that's not possible.

#14 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:37 PM

I don't think any kind of vanity gear like that should be untradable. However, I would not want them to become untradable until all the bot ones were destroyed and IMO that's not possible.

bots will eventually just forget about them and they can make them ninja tradable in like 3 months... and i doubt bots bothered to actually enchant them and prolly just made a bunch... if the bots were smarter they would have gone after the speed pots and +7 foods and sold a crap ton of them for cheap...

#15 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:51 PM

lol wow

#16 meichaofeng

meichaofeng

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:49 AM

Make quest hats give good buff or property when they are with the original account. Then once they are traded to another account, they become just trashy fancy hats.. but it's probably too hard to implement.

#17 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:36 AM

Make quest hats give good buff or property when they are with the original account. Then once they are traded to another account, they become just trashy fancy hats.. but it's probably too hard to implement.

I kind of like that idea, but your right. It would probably be impossible considering how much work would have to go into coding that. The other issue is that a lot of these hats aren't collected because of stats. People just like to collect headgear, so unbinding these hats would still be a win for the botters. :/

#18 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:10 AM

and yet king poring hats and the poring pins are all totally tradable even tho this event is the most easily botted event weve seen in years... a level 1 novice can get these hats for free

#19 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:13 PM

You have a point, but the reason for my stance on this hat is because of how hard it was to get. Seeing a dozen berets on ragial, seeing a bunch of level 40's running around...just *knowing* that most of them didn't deserve the hat they did no work for... idk...it would make all those hours of legit grinding that people did pointless. Man, we may as well use bots ourselves!

The Poring King hat is different. You just sit in South Pront and collect coins. Hell, I've helped kill the Poring King a couple times, and didn't take a single point of damage, so I believe even those novices can kill it. After collecting coins, you go to the vending machine, use the coins and hope for a Poring hat. The poring hairpins you blow up trying to enchant. Once you get the hat, then you start collecting other stuff. There's almost no work to it.

Seeing someone walking through town with a Poring King hat? Wow. Big deal. Someone walking through town with the red beret? Either legit hardcore grinding, or botted. For me and you, Facekiller, I know ours are legit. And as corny as it sounds, that means something in a time when this game isn't "I worked for all my stuff", but "I bought all my stuff"...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users