Seeking advice, leveling from 93 to 99 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Seeking advice, leveling from 93 to 99

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:41 PM

I am finding myself once again at the point where leveling gets kind of slow and I am wondering how I could get myself to 99 a little faster. 

Kind of don't know what to do once my rotation of eden board quests is done, else than just go out and kill mobs one at a time.

I wouldn't mind getting regular quests done as I did in the past, but would I be able to complete them again after rebirth? Because if I can't...I might as well wait until transcendent class since more exp is needed to get to 99 again.

I also tried TI, but sadly this week is brutal with the Elders. If they cast fire bolt at me it's a one shot death. Not very efficient if I end up losing more exp than I gain...

So, wondering if there would be other good way to earn exp, else than just go out and kill one mob at a time and pick up eden quests again whenever they're off timer?

#2 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:43 PM

juno bounty boards still give pretty good exp at that level, even if the monsters are lower-leveled. be sure to turn in all 4 at once. you also get zeny and EMBs from it and there's no cool-down

edit: also do all the brasilis quests and turn them in all at once with a BM. victoria will give you a nice chunk of exp too

Edited by beaupoem, 21 July 2014 - 06:44 PM.

#3 Karusan

Karusan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:12 PM

Just find a turn in and sit in it for a few hours.  If you can buy a bm, shouldn't take long at all, esp if its not even trans.

#4 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Atlanta Currently
  • Server:Chaos aka Ragnarok to Be

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:53 PM

Hmm,I recommend getting a few reducts if you have a few million zeny sitting around somewhere,for you can do TI in rotation with the eden board quests on BMs. That way you can kill a couple birds with one stone.

#5 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:34 PM

I 99ed twice with just the Harpy quest from the Bounty Board (locationed outside the tool shop of Juno). It's repeatable forever.

Edited by Sapphic, 21 July 2014 - 09:34 PM.

#6 Damara

Damara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:55 AM

I'm leveling an autocast battle priest (that's right, priest, not even reborn yet) with just a snake head and a CD, and it's like 95 just from Juno boards. It takes me about an hour per rotation since I'm usually watching TV while I whack stuff.

#7 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:00 AM

juno bounty boards still give pretty good exp at that level, even if the monsters are lower-leveled. be sure to turn in all 4 at once. you also get zeny and EMBs from it and there's no cool-down

edit: also do all the brasilis quests and turn them in all at once with a BM. victoria will give you a nice chunk of exp too

I 99ed twice with just the Harpy quest from the Bounty Board (locationed outside the tool shop of Juno). It's repeatable forever.

Had not thought of those, will give them a try could be useful while eden ones are on timer.

As for the quest, I assume you mean the murder mystery ones? They were indeed awesome exp but as I mentionned in my post do quest completions reset on rebirth? Because if they don't, I'd rather save them for trans leveling.

Just find a turn in and sit in it for a few hours.  If you can buy a bm, shouldn't take long at all, esp if its not even trans.

Hmm,I recommend getting a few reducts if you have a few million zeny sitting around somewhere,for you can do TI in rotation with the eden board quests on BMs. That way you can kill a couple birds with one stone.

I currently do not have any funds for anything. Also as I mentionned, TI is quite brutal for me this week. Plus I can only contribute single target DPS, which doesn't seem to get me in groups much...:(

#8 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:03 AM

If the quest page on Wiki doesn't say it is repeatable, then you will only be able to do it once(most quests are NOT repeatable as far as I know).

#9 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:08 AM

I currently do not have any funds for anything. Also as I mentionned, TI is quite brutal for me this week. Plus I can only contribute single target DPS, which doesn't seem to get me in groups much... :(

If you have arrow shower that's pretty helpful for breaking frozen targets, and damage isn't too terrible either.  nothing compared to arrow storm but that's a ways off.

Try finding a group with a BS; that'll make you wish you had your hunter again :P.  You're basically just a crappy puller and get yelled at if you use power thrust.

#10 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:10 AM

If the quest page on Wiki doesn't say it is repeatable, then you will only be able to do it once(most quests are NOT repeatable as far as I know).

Well I already knew it was not repeatable, but I just did not know if all your quests reset on rebirth. So if they don't, I'm keeping them for the next round to 99.

#11 stoenr

stoenr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Ymir + Loki

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:19 AM

which class are you using?  and yea the juno boards is the most efficient way to solo.

#12 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:04 AM

Hunter, also just looked those boards up, wiki says 135k exp for killing Harpies. 

That seems quite low compared to eden boards, especially since bounties are 150 kills vs 30 for eden. 

At my level it's the 91-99 eden quests, which for example have Dark Priests giving 146k for 30 kills.

Am I missing something for those bounty boards? Because they don't look that efficient to me right now.

#13 stoenr

stoenr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Ymir + Loki

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:08 AM

the maps are mobby so u can finish them up real quick.  eden is excellent too but its on a 3 hour timer and it does take a while to finish all the quests.  i just skip the sleepers and go after everything else.

Edited by stoenr, 22 July 2014 - 08:09 AM.

#14 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:45 AM

the maps are mobby so u can finish them up real quick.  eden is excellent too but its on a 3 hour timer and it does take a while to finish all the quests.  i just skip the sleepers and go after everything else.

did the GM push up the respawn rate? when i first started it took forever to get 150 harpies.

#15 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:56 AM

They were indeed awesome exp but as I mentionned in my post do quest completions reset on rebirth? Because if they don't, I'd rather save them for trans leveling.

Quests don't reset after rebirthing. Never have and never will.

#16 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:14 AM

Quests don't reset after rebirthing. Never have and never will.

Then I will be saving them for rebirth, I know a few that give a decent amount of exp now from past characters.

#17 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:05 AM

did the GM push up the respawn rate? when i first started it took forever to get 150 harpies.

i don't know where the board warps you to for harpies, but I just take the quest and head out the south entrance of juno.  harpies for days.

#18 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:10 AM

i don't know where the board warps you to for harpies, but I just take the quest and head out the south entrance of juno.  harpies for days.

normally yes but when i went out there were a few but wait another 15min before the next one show up.

#19 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:15 AM

when was the last time you went?  i was there last night wrapping the quest up on my BS and got 80+ in around 15 mins.  it gets super mobby too so can be dangerous if you're not paying attention.

#20 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:55 AM

It's super mobby and forever repeatable. Getting that extra chunk of exp is super helpful.

#21 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:55 AM

when was the last time you went?  i was there last night wrapping the quest up on my BS and got 80+ in around 15 mins.  it gets super mobby too so can be dangerous if you're not paying attention.

around when the boards first came up.

my gene was dragging along my potter and a priest. i try both staying at same spot and moving around. Took about a hour to get 150harpies. gave up after halfway through the sleepers.

Edited by Ryviux, 22 July 2014 - 10:58 AM.

#22 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:18 AM

maybe no one was there. it took me a berserk/awake pot to finish 1~2 x 150 counts using ctrl-click classes

with my hscr smith, i can finish 2~3 x 150 counts in one berserk/awake pot.

long as you know where to hunt best.

oh, and i ctrl-clicked 0~1 devilings too every run.

#23 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:04 PM

maybe no one was there. it took me a berserk/awake pot to finish 1~2 x 150 counts using ctrl-click classes

with my hscr smith, i can finish 2~3 x 150 counts in one berserk/awake pot.

long as you know where to hunt best.

oh, and i ctrl-clicked 0~1 devilings too every run.

i know exactly where to hunt Harpy/sleeper/grandpeco/sheep. I did a lot of walking around with RK when i first started. I also know how to read maps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users