Beginner Questions? :/ - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Beginner Questions? :/

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 PsychoLogic

PsychoLogic

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:47 PM

Hello guys. I am a new player of Ragnarok Online but I am quite confused on what should I do. Here's my questions:

• Are there any other beginner quests besides the Eden Group quests? They're a little bit hard for me. My first guess was I need to level up (hunting monsters, etc.) in order to do them, but I thought I can rack up levels through quests. (I kept on dying when I'm hunting monsters at the Prontera Culverts lol.)
  • Is there any other way of transportation except through the Kafra Employees? I kind of don't want to use all those free tickets and the butterfly wings I got from the Novice quests 'coz I feel like I need them for future events. And lastly;
  • Am I missing something important? I've been doing only the Eden Group quests since I changed my character's job class into a Swordsman. Are there any kind of side quests, or something like that? 

Sorry if I asked quite a lot of questions. I'm hoping for your answers. Thank you very much. :)

#2 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:53 PM

eden group quests are the only starter quests... just kill monsters on the fields to level

kafra is the only transportation around (cool event is the same thing in other countries) unless you find a priest with warpportal to where you want to go... it gets easier later after youve built up some zeny...

there are TONS of side quests in the game but as fresh faced lowbie youll just focus on grinding levels and doing eden quests for now...

this will help when it comes to basic info (some may be a little out dated) http://irowiki.org/wiki/Main_Page

and this will help with gear pricing a bit (prices may vary based on seller) http://ragial.com/iRO-Renewal

#3 PsychoLogic

PsychoLogic

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:43 PM

eden group quests are the only starter quests... just kill monsters on the fields to level

kafra is the only transportation around (cool event is the same thing in other countries) unless you find a priest with warpportal to where you want to go... it gets easier later after youve built up some zeny...

there are TONS of side quests in the game but as fresh faced lowbie youll just focus on grinding levels and doing eden quests for now...

this will help when it comes to basic info (some may be a little out dated) http://irowiki.org/wiki/Main_Page

and this will help with gear pricing a bit (prices may vary based on seller) http://ragial.com/iRO-Renewal

Oh is that so... at least all those things have been cleared out of my mind. Thanks for the clarification. I highly appreciate it. :)

#4 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Atlanta Currently
  • Server:Chaos aka Ragnarok to Be

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:43 PM

Hello guys. I am a new player of Ragnarok Online but I am quite confused on what should I do. Here's my questions:

• Are there any other beginner quests besides the Eden Group quests? They're a little bit hard for me. My first guess was I need to level up (hunting monsters, etc.) in order to do them, but I thought I can rack up levels through quests. (I kept on dying when I'm hunting monsters at the Prontera Culverts lol.)
  • Is there any other way of transportation except through the Kafra Employees? I kind of don't want to use all those free tickets and the butterfly wings I got from the Novice quests 'coz I feel like I need them for future events. And lastly;
  • Am I missing something important? I've been doing only the Eden Group quests since I changed my character's job class into a Swordsman. Are there any kind of side quests, or something like that? 

Sorry if I asked quite a lot of questions. I'm hoping for your answers. Thank you very much. :)
Hello sir,

I recommend to you after doing the beginner's quests at the Academy and making sure to get all the starter gear and pots they offer,continue with Eden quests,get to around level 12,and start doing equipment quests with Instructor Boya in Eden behind the desk.She's with the orange hair.I figure you're already past level 12 by now,but you can still do those equipment quests.They will help you a lot

I would recommend picking and choosing your quests in Eden though,as in knowing what to hunt and what not.I figure familiars are killing you frequently in the culverts.Make sure to have certain items like fly wings or butterfly wings hotkeyed for a fast escape,just in case you're about to die.

This is a good site to see what you're facing - http://db.irowiki.org/db/monster-info/

It's also best to use those free tickets at that point in the game,because after a certain level(I think around 40),they will become useless because you're too high leveled.

Edited by Peerless, 21 July 2014 - 08:44 PM.

#5 PsychoLogic

PsychoLogic

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:03 PM

Hello sir,

I recommend to you after doing the beginner's quests at the Academy and making sure to get all the starter gear and pots they offer,continue with Eden quests,get to around level 12,and start doing equipment quests with Instructor Boya in Eden behind the desk.She's with the orange hair.I figure you're already past level 12 by now,but you can still do those equipment quests.They will help you a lot

I would recommend picking and choosing your quests in Eden though,as in knowing what to hunt and what not.I figure familiars are killing you frequently in the culverts.Make sure to have certain items like fly wings or butterfly wings hotkeyed for a fast escape,just in case you're about to die.

This is a good site to see what you're facing - http://db.irowiki.org/db/monster-info/

It's also best to use those free tickets at that point in the game,because after a certain level(I think around 40),they will become useless because you're too high leveled.

Yup lol. They get aggressive while I'm out hunting those Thief Bug Eggs. :/ 

Thanks for the tip especially especially about the tickets. I've also been looking at that site for quite a long time but everything is so overwhelming for me so I toned down a bit. 

#6 Spooky34

Spooky34

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 471 posts
  • LocationIn front of you

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:30 PM

No other way actually~  but

my supa Bias answer

Always been hit?... actually its normal in all class (you need to bring a acolyte party or a lots of potion or fish 150 HP for 250 zeny,

not unless your using the high fleerate(agi stat)  like  archer, assasin class.

ex. Rune Knight (swordman class) ...as you see the dorsera plant commonly hit them. (were at same level in my assassin class)

hit4_zpsa80adc1a.png

flee_zps7286230f.png

#7 PsychoLogic

PsychoLogic

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:19 PM

Yup. At first I focused my swordsman around Agi, Str and Vit but then I noticed that he misses A LOT so I raised his Dex, which I regretted much later on because I think I messed up his stat build. 

#8 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:58 PM

Yup. At first I focused my swordsman around Agi, Str and Vit but then I noticed that he misses A LOT so I raised his Dex, which I regretted much later on because I think I messed up his stat build. 

Not really. Swordman classes need all those stats. If your dex is still too low, just pump it until you get it to about 35 or 40, then start spreading points between dex and whatever else you need, like int or luck until you have around 50 dex.

Str is needed to hit hard (also increases carrying capacity), Agi to hit fast (and be able to dodge better), vit to survive (adds HP and def), dex so you can hit things (also narrows the gap between minimum and max damage, IIRC), int to increase your sp pool so you can spam bash and such, and luck for a variety of reasons, one of which lets you get a critical hit in more often. 

Besides all those, adding points in certain stats also increases your immunity to status ailments or gives other kinds of bonuses and such. So yeah, have points in all the stats for a swordman is actually a good thing. Just as long as your not sitting there with 90 dex with 10 agi or something.

Edited by belld1711, 22 July 2014 - 12:04 AM.

#9 LawrenzTyr18

LawrenzTyr18

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts
  • LocationHorcatereilberg-the Grand City
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:25 AM

What do you mean free tickets become useless? D:<

No they don't! I still have those around my chars and are still using them!E

Edit:

Both Warp and Storage tickets

Edited by LawrenzTyr18, 22 July 2014 - 01:25 AM.

#10 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:47 AM

What do you mean free tickets become useless? D:<

No they don't! I still have those around my chars and are still using them!E

Edit:

Both Warp and Storage tickets

Actually, they do become useless. It's not level 40 though. It's closer to level 70. The Kafra NPCs will tell you that your too high leveled to be able to use them after either level 70 or you become second class if you don't have the funds to pay for them. It happened to quite a few of my alts after doing the Jump event.

#11 Rotine

Rotine

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:00 AM

@OP: Once you get to level 20+, go to payon and do the bounty boards quest. Just keep repeating the spore/boa quest like over and over again. They are easy to kill especially as you gain more levels, and the reward exp for the quest is good. And you can even farm strawberries while doing the quest.

There are other quests in Bounty Boards. Check here: http://irowiki.org/w...ty_Board_Quests

#12 PsychoLogic

PsychoLogic

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:15 AM

Not really. Swordman classes need all those stats. If your dex is still too low, just pump it until you get it to about 35 or 40, then start spreading points between dex and whatever else you need, like int or luck until you have around 50 dex.

Str is needed to hit hard (also increases carrying capacity), Agi to hit fast (and be able to dodge better), vit to survive (adds HP and def), dex so you can hit things (also narrows the gap between minimum and max damage, IIRC), int to increase your sp pool so you can spam bash and such, and luck for a variety of reasons, one of which lets you get a critical hit in more often. 

Besides all those, adding points in certain stats also increases your immunity to status ailments or gives other kinds of bonuses and such. So yeah, have points in all the stats for a swordman is actually a good thing. Just as long as your not sitting there with 90 dex with 10 agi or something.

Yup that's what I totally had in mind while I was increasing all those stats. Just wanted to keep everything in balance so that's why I boosted Dex until it was in par with the others. I guess I'll just grind levels then. 

@OP: Once you get to level 20+, go to payon and do the bounty boards quest. Just keep repeating the spore/boa quest like over and over again. They are easy to kill especially as you gain more levels, and the reward exp for the quest is good. And you can even farm strawberries while doing the quest.

There are other quests in Bounty Boards. Check here: http://irowiki.org/w...ty_Board_Quests

Thanks for that tip I'll check that out once I get to level 20. 

#13 Tett

Tett

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:27 AM

Good luck on that swordman class, they have powerful skill attack but you need alot of patience in sitting to recover HP/SP because it always run-out of healing item and in 10 attack by monster you can receive 5 to 7-hit damage even  your agility stat is max.

EDIT:

-they not really design to dodge any normal attack but they can survive skill or magic attack compare to other class that can dodge normal attack but not skill or magic attack there's a chance they die instantly in 1-hit.

Edited by Tett, 22 July 2014 - 04:44 AM.

#14 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:34 AM

I don't have time to make a long comment, but if starting as swordie, make sure to get Improved HP Recovery maxed quickly. It not only makes you heal much faster, but (at level 10) doubles hp recovery from healing items. 

#15 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:59 AM

There are class training quests if you want an intro sidequest; though the rewards aren't useful in renewal.

#16 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Atlanta Currently
  • Server:Chaos aka Ragnarok to Be

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:07 PM

Actually, they do become useless. It's not level 40 though. It's closer to level 70. The Kafra NPCs will tell you that your too high leveled to be able to use them after either level 70 or you become second class if you don't have the funds to pay for them. It happened to quite a few of my alts after doing the Jump event.

They start going useless as soon as you're about to job change generally.

They don't last until level 70....

#17 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:20 PM

I never bother with Agi with swordsman when i was building my rk. personally i go with Str/vit/dex/int.

#18 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:43 PM

Agi not only helps you attack faster, it also helps dodge stuff. But to each his own, of course. There's nothing wrong with doing things the way you want, but for a newbie who's a non-trans'd first cass, I'd recommend agi.

They start going useless as soon as you're about to job change generally.

They don't last until level 70....

I knew it's around there somewhere. I never tested it, so I wasn't sure if it was job change, level 65, level 70, or what it was...

#19 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:44 PM

the free transport appears to stop working before storage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users