Game starts laging after a period of time. - Technical Support - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Game starts laging after a period of time.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Buburi

Buburi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • LocationLithuania
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:21 AM

Hello. I have a really weird thing going on. And it has been going on since I started playing ROSE probably but I am only bringing this up now. This thing is also happening to my brother on his PC so this might be something more than my PC.

When I stay at one spot leveling up for like 10-20 minutes or being online in for example Junon for like 1 hour my game starts slowly laging. But weird thing is that the response of the game is the same, my cursor is still responsive and is not laging. It just slowly starts laging more and more and more untill it is really annoying. But to fix this I only need to switch to the character screen and log in back. I don't even need to re-start my game or PC. Only a simple relog fixes it. Feels like it is the problem from ROSE's side than mine. And since this is happening to my brother as well I assume it might be my internet connection or something wrong in settings.

My speedtest: http://www.speedtest...sult/3640350746

I would really appreciate the help and if anyone suffers from this problem as well, let me know how do you fight with it. Thanks!

EDIT: now I was leveling with a smaller group and it didn't start laging. Maybe it's when there's a huge party and there's a lot of mobs,drops and also cleric fires? Though the lag stops when you leave the spot (it is laging only slightly out of the spot then) and after relog the lag is gone.

Edited by Buburi, 22 July 2014 - 02:30 AM.

#2 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:06 AM

Rose has always been this way. I am told it "eats" RAM, and this is why that happens. If I am leveling for hours, I would periodically have to log out, then log back in to fix it.

#3 Buburi

Buburi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • LocationLithuania

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:36 AM

Rose has always been this way. I am told it "eats" RAM, and this is why that happens. If I am leveling for hours, I would periodically have to log out, then log back in to fix it.

Oh so there's no way to fix it right? Got 8 gb or RAM and still it is not enough. Oh you ROSE... :D

#4 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:19 AM

Oh so there's no way to fix it right? Got 8 gb or RAM and still it is not enough. Oh you ROSE... :D

Nope, sadly you can't fix this retro memleak on your client :P

#5 Buburi

Buburi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • LocationLithuania

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:57 AM

Oh well... Isn't ROSE team aware of it?

#6 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:22 AM

I would think they are, but tbh, I have no idea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users