Being Successful in Gramps Turn-In - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Being Successful in Gramps Turn-In

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Kavula

Kavula

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:27 PM

Hi,

I resently made a Hunter to start fresh in renewal. The thing is I don't really know what I'm doing outside of solo leveling. So if anyone could help with advice on how not to get myself and my party killed in Gramps Turn-Ins, I would be greatful.

Information for all classes and party roles is welcome.

Edited by Kavula, 23 July 2014 - 03:28 PM.

#2 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:40 PM

Don't Arrow Shower the mobs unless you're confident in killing them before they aggro to you.

Hunters are actually pretty useless in TI. Snipers are better with FAS, but still suboptimal.

Your best bet is to make your own party, since no one really cares what the leader's class is and, as leader, you can slack off.

As for what classes rock TI, pretty much anyone with a spammable AoE is fine, and the rest are for pulling or support. Sins pull, Knights pull and kill, Rogues pull and AoE with their copied skills, Wizards kill, Saders Sac and pull, Smiths buff, Alchemists aidpot and kill with their homunculi, Monks pull, Priests buff or kill with ME if the mobs are good for it, Sages do nothing/Scholars Exhale, Bards String and Dancers look pretty.

All bets are off as 3rd classes though. Everyone has an AoE so everyone can contribute to kills.

#3 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:43 PM

Nontranscedant hunter can only really arrow shower. Dont arrow shower mindlessly. It moves enemies arround and draws aggro. If there are better aoes in party, you may hinder them by pushing a monster out of the better aoe, or causing the enemy to switch targets (to you). If your role here is greatly overshadowed (it usually will be), your reserve action is to double strafe stray enemies scattered about or that are currently eating party members.

Aiming arrow storm to a cell 1 east of a monster will push it west. This can be used to push enemies away from you. In this fashion you can kill them without being approached and eaten. raising your damage with better equipment to use fewer castings of arrow shower will also greatly increase the liklihood the enemy won't ever reach you.

#4 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:00 PM

Your best bet is to make your own party, since no one really cares what the leader's class is and, as leader, you can slack off.

in that case he needs a box of fly wings.

#5 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:10 PM

in that case he needs a box of fly wings.

Not every party needs GWings. Never heard of roamers?

#6 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:16 PM

That being said, offering to wing for a party is a good incentive for them to want to include you.

#7 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:30 PM

use traps to one shot everything on TI, i done that when i was hunter, even i solo TI just by placing booby traps around me like a fort

#8 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:18 PM

Bards String and Dancers look pretty.

Pretty much why I invite them while leading a party.

#9 Geareint

Geareint

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationEast

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:27 PM

there are bounty boards available in some region, don't know the exact location, but that give good exp too. I only remember Juno fields.

#10 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:53 AM

with the overlap of gramps and the juno bounty boards this week, i have even seen people with chats up in juno looking for world farming.  that may be a better alternative for you if you are unable to get into a party/don't want to deal w/ hassle of waiting and forming a TI group.  i'm currently soloing out in juno on my 8x hunter as well; just remember to turn in harpies/sleepers a few times while you work towards your gramps 400 count.

#11 Kavula

Kavula

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 02:35 PM

Oh nice, this forum is a lot more active then I though it was. Thanks for the responses so far.

Yeah I don't have much in the way of funding so simply powering through by 1 shotting everything with Arrow Shower or Traps is a non starter. That's actually why this Hunter was made: To learn more about the game through player experience with a cheaper class and amass zenny with it to experiment with other classes later. Sage, Rouge, Alchemist, Monk, Crusader, and Bard all look interesting but playing with them all will take tons of zenny.

Been having zero luck getting into Turn-In parties, so going to take Geareint and Necrohealiac's advice and continue with Juno Bountys as well as the new spotlighted area.

If there's anymore advice on party play in Turn-Ins though I'll gladly still take it.

Thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users