What exactly is a game account? - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

What exactly is a game account?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DecidingSky

DecidingSky

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:58 PM

I haven't bought anything related to RO2. And I would just like to know what a 'Game Account' is. So I know what to enter in the 'Create Game Account' field. 

Thanks,

DecidingSky

#2 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:14 PM

This isn't the RO2 section fyi. You're in RO1.

Anyway, Game Accounts are separate from WarpPortal Accounts. Your WP Account is considered your "personal" account, as it acts as a hub for forum usage, payment/topping up for IM, newsletters and whatnot. You can tether Game Accounts, which are unique per-game and can pretty much just be referred to as "logins", to your WP Account to claim ownership of them, and manage them in a parent-child relationship. For whatever reason, you're also allowed to have multiple Game Accounts for a single game (for example, multiple RO2 logins) under one WP account.

Support Accounts are yet another type of account, used specifically for contacting WP's support dept. and accessing the support tool should your WP Account be locked or compromised. You should make one of those while you're at it.

So,

• WarpPortal Account: Parent Account, used for aggregating your Game Accounts, making payments and such.
  • Game Account: Child Accounts for whatever game you want to play. You can make more than one of these. Each one acts as a 'login' for the game you're signing up to.
  • Support Account: A completely separate account designed for contacting WP Support.

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 23 July 2014 - 09:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users