Dragon Helm is Back - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Dragon Helm is Back

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#1 ranalek

ranalek

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:09 PM

To be honest I don't really wanna share this so my slow killers can kill the sword and dragon without getting ksed but it's just so sad that nobody's doing this quest. The amatsu dragon helm quest is back. This is my most favorite quest and I want all of you to experience what quests should be like. So come on and join me in Amatsu. 

here's the link 

http://irowiki.org/w..._New_Year_Event

dont worry about the botters winning again. the items required are pretty common and you only need a few.

PS.

I apologize in advance if the price of costume dragon helm drops.  :ani_sry:

#2 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:25 PM

pshh... the quest hasnt let me do it since the first time it was put in... Zeldy wont talk to me...

#3 ranalek

ranalek

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:27 PM

i had the same issue. try talking to that guy in the mjolnir dead pit and bring him the items. that should fix your problem

#4 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:57 PM

I will have to do this quest...on a few chars.

#5 Yukianase

Yukianase

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 236 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:14 PM

Oh boy i have been wanting one of these but i never wanted to pay 99mil :heh:! Thanks for sharing ^_^

#6 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:41 PM

Yeah, I noticed he was back and I was a little surprised. Now's my chance to do like that one guy from a while back and make a +20 headgear, lol.

#7 Yukianase

Yukianase

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:44 PM

Yeah, I noticed he was back and I was a little surprised. Now's my chance to do like that one guy from a while back and make a +20 headgear, lol.

Please make a thread on how it goes, i would love to hear about someone getting a +20 headgear, i thought max was 14! but i guess i was wrong! >3<

#8 ranalek

ranalek

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:58 PM

every time you finish the quest you will be rewarded with a copper dragon helm. you can then use that copper helm to upgrade another helm safely up to +8.

please note that you can also upgrade the helms using elunium just like how you upgrade other headgears

once you upgrade one copper helm to +8, the dragon next to zeldys will turn it into silver.

you can then upgrade the silver again to +8 and it will be converted to the gold dragon helm which is a costume but turning it into costume will lose all the bonus stats

edit: sorry for the wrong info. costume helm keeps the stats.

if you dont want to turn it into costume you can just keep upgrading it using copper helms up to +20. using copper helm will not break or degrade your helm if the upgrade fails so its basically like a safe to +20 cert

Edited by ranalek, 25 July 2014 - 06:27 AM.

#9 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:31 PM

i had the same issue. try talking to that guy in the mjolnir dead pit and bring him the items. that should fix your problem

The NPC in Amatsu won't talk to me. He just says "..." I talked to the NPC in the Dead Pit, he asks how I like the weapon. I talked to the NPC in Amatsu again, same result.

#10 KiyokoHasami

KiyokoHasami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 932 posts
  • LocationRelocated ---->Bio 4
  • Server:Chaos>Valkyrie>New Chaos

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:39 PM

^I had that problem on my main but the others work just fine. I don't remember ever taking the quest and I didn't own a helm before that either. Very strange. xD

#11 Shippou22

Shippou22

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts
  • LocationMexico
  • Server:chaos

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:10 PM

does the costume actually give the dragon resistance? because thats awesome

#12 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:22 PM

yes it does.

i did 9+ runs every day for, what 5 weeks? last year because they kept extending it :P i think I'll pass this year.

if you kill slow, try to find a party or a friend to do it with. it gives pretty nice exp for lvl 90-100 too

#13 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Atlanta Currently
  • Server:Chaos aka Ragnarok to Be

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:28 PM

every time you finish the quest you will be rewarded with a copper dragon helm. you can then use that copper helm to upgrade another helm safely up to +8.

please note that you can also upgrade the helms using elunium just like how you upgrade other headgears

once you upgrade one copper helm to +8, the dragon next to zeldys will turn it into silver.

you can then upgrade the silver again to +8 and it will be converted to the gold dragon helm which is a costume but turning it into costume will lose all the bonus stats

if you dont want to turn it into costume you can just keep upgrading it using copper helms up to +20. using copper helm will not break or degrade your helm if the upgrade fails so its basically like a safe to +20 cert

When did this start happening?

From my understanding of when I did the quest a longggg time ago, the costume kept all the stats, which is what made the quest so awesome, even more than the exp.

Did they change it or something? Also, you were able to wear both at the same time, weren't you? And I could of swear those helms degraded by chance....

#14 Shippou22

Shippou22

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts
  • LocationMexico
  • Server:chaos

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:35 PM

is the quest repeatable?, or are you expected to make 50 chars to get a gold helm?

#15 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:43 PM

yes, it's repeatable. 23 hr timer. or 22+1 if they didn't mess it up

gold dragonhelm costume: +12% resist, +8% dmg to dragon race

+8 or higher silver dragonhelm: +12% resist, +8% dmg to dragon race

so they stack to +24% resist and +16% dmg

#16 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:54 PM

^I had that problem on my main but the others work just fine. I don't remember ever taking the quest and I didn't own a helm before that either. Very strange. xD

I didn't join iRO until September 2013, so it's impossible that I could have done it. I was able to do it on my RG, but I was wanting to take my high priest so I could support while my wife did the killing on her alt. That's the only way I can complete it 2 times in the 24 hour period. None of my other characters would stand a chance unless they were just tagging along in a party.

#17 Genchay

Genchay

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationDC
  • Server:euRO->iRO Classic

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:54 AM

is this for renawal only??

#18 GreenIvy

GreenIvy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:06 AM

I thought the costume version actually has very good bonus stats such as dragon race resistance?

jesus why did they leave this news out in the maintenance note

#19 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:15 AM

what level do you need to be in order to perform the killing parts solo?  are the quest mobs mirrors of the real mobs (i.e. 130+)?

#20 ranalek

ranalek

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:35 AM

what level do you need to be in order to perform the killing parts solo?  are the quest mobs mirrors of the real mobs (i.e. 130+)?

the cursed sword has very high flee so partying is really recommended and that's make this quest one of the best quest ever implemented on iro.

the cursed sword and blue dragon are like copies of the real one so yeah the only classes below 99 i know that can solo this are gfist monk, edp sinx and acid bomb biochem. i havent tried doing it solo on other classes so i have no idea.

#21 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:45 AM

that's a bit of a bummer.  not sure why the level requirement vs the actual level you need is so different (60 vs 120+).  looks like i'll need to find some groups.

#22 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:20 AM

is this Quest per account or per character?

i just finish it with my gene and was trying to do it with my RK but the system is treating m like i already did it.

#23 GreenIvy

GreenIvy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:28 AM

there is some bug existing still not fixed. It's supposed to be character, but one character from one of my accounts can't do it

#24 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:13 AM

Please make a thread on how it goes, i would love to hear about someone getting a +20 headgear, i thought max was 14! but i guess i was wrong! >3<

Wasn't there a bug back then that allowed people to somehow +20 their Dragon Helms?

#25 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:32 AM

is this for renawal only??

Yes, we do not have headgears available to make this happen on Classic at the moment. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users