Bounty Hunter System [REVAMP] - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Bounty Hunter System [REVAMP]

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:01 PM

Shouldn't have posted until I had ironed out most of the details at least. << My bad.

Anyhow...

JUST AN IDEA! PLEASE DON'T IMPLEMENT!

Since my original Bounty Boards idea has started going the way of Gramps TIs in emphasizing convenience over exploration, I've started losing passion in trying to get it implemented.

After some thought, I've begun coming up with a revamped version that places more emphasis on exploration and adventuring. This version won't have any chance of getting implemented since the target audience are PVM players that like going on adventures and long-winded traveling quests.

The revamped Bounty Hunter System will still utilize Bounty Boards, which would be located next to a town's tool shop. This revamp will do away with level restrictions and simply make the Bounty Boards into more in the vein of daily quests you see in modern MMORPGs. The boards will still be repeatable without cooldowns like it is currently, but there will only be 1 in each town and will include all local monsters. Players will still get EXP and money from each monster quest, but bundled EXP would be acquired another way.

Here is the general menu setup for each town's board:

hcCWoPi.png

PHASE 1: Town Bounty Board Implementation

The Bounty Boards will be accessible to all players regardless if you're on the main Bounty Hunter quest or not. Each board is repeatable.

Juno
-Sleeper
-Harpy
-Goat
-Grand Peco
-Explosion
-Blazer
-Lava Golem
-Venatu (Blue)
-Venatu (Green)
-Venatu (Orange)
-Venatu (Purple)
-Apocalips

Umbala
-Wild Rose
-Dryad
-Wootan Fighter
-Parasite

Geffen
-Sky Petite
-Carat
-Wanderer
-Sting
-Arclouze
-Raydric
-Khalitzburg
-Wraith
-Dark Priest
-Gargoyle
-Anolian
-Ghoul
-Evil Druid
-Wind Ghost
-False Angel
-Violy
-Mini Demon
-Mandragora
-Creamy
-Ambernite
-Caramel
-Horn
-Orc Warrior
-Orc Lady
-Goblin
-Goblin Archer
-Poison Spore
-Ghoul
-Jakk
-Nightmare

Alberta
-Dragon Tail
-Spring Rabbit
-Permeter
-Solider
-Freezer
-Fabre
-Wormtail
-Hydra
-Pirate Skeleton

Morroc
-Mummy
-Isis
-Verit
-Zerom
-Requiem
-Marduk
-Minorous
-Pasana
-Picky
-Baby Desert Wolf
-Scorpion
-Metaller
-Sandman
-Hode

Comodo
-Pest
-Nereid
-Medusa
-Stalactic Golem
-Thara Frog
-Megalodon?
-Sea Otter
-Fur Seal
-Raggler
-Grove
-Alligator
-Golem

Payon
-Willow
-Spore
-Snake
-Bigfoot
-Elder Willow
-Greatest General
-Wolf
-Skeleton
-Soldier Skeleton
-Archer Skeleton
-Munak
-Bongun
-Sohee
-Dokebi
-Nine Tail

Prontera
-Hornet
-Roda Frog
-Rocker
-Stainer
-Peco Peco
-Coco
-Yoyo
-Argos
-Beetle King
-Savage
-Driller
-Savage Babe
-Thief Bug Egg
-Thief Bug
-Female Thief Bug
-Male Thief Bug
-Tarou
-Poporing
-Hunter Fly
-Mantis
-Baphomet Jr.
-Sidewinder
-Argiope

Lutie
-Cookie (Green)
-Cookie (Red)
-Myst Case
-Cruiser

Aldebaran
-Rideword
-Punk
-Clock
-Alarm
-Drainliar
-Arclouze
-High Orc
-Penomena
-Bathory

Einbroch
-Teddy Bear
-Venomous
-Noxious
-Mole
-Metaling?

Lighthalzen
-Kobold
-Kobold Archer
-Rafflesia
-Stem Worm
-Breeze
-Alice
-Aliza
-Aliot

Hugel
-Novus (Red)
-Novus (Yellow)
-Ferus (Red)
-Ferus (Green)
-Acidus (Blue)
-Acidus (Gold)
-Ancient Mimic
-Death Word
-Owl Duke
-Owl Baron

Rachel
-Roween
-Hill Wind
-Drosera
-Anacondaq
-Desert Wolf
-Vanberk
-Isilla
-Hodremlin
-Seeker
-Echio
-Agav
-Siroma
-Snowier
-Ice Titan

Veins
-Stapo
-Muscipular
-Magmaring
-Galion
-Kasa
-Knocker
-Salamander
-Ghoul
-Banshee
-Ragged Zombie
-Zombie Slaughter
-Necromancer

Niflheim (Niflheim's board would be located inside the tool shop itself due to the town being dangerous.)
-Disguise
-Loli Ruri

Splendide
-Pinguicula
-Dark Pinguicula
-Cornus
-Naga
-Luciola Vespa?

Manuk
-Nepenthes
-Centipede
-Bradium Golem
-Tatacho?

Mora
-Little Fatum
-Miming
-Parus?
-Angra Mantis?

El Dicastes
-Centipede
-Centiped Larva
-Dolomedes
-Tatacho?

Eclage
Cenere
Antique Book
Lichtern (Yellow)
Lichtern (Blue)
Lichtern (Red)

PHASE 2: Quest Chain Implementation

Players begin the Bounty Hunter main quest at the Monster Research Building in Juno. There, they will meet an NPC (4_LGTSCIENCE) name Professor Yggdrasil. Minimum base level to start is 10.

Professor Yggdrasil: "Oh, hello there. Welcome to the Monster Research Organization.

I am Professor Yggdrasil, one of the head scientists of the organization. I've always wanted to learn more about monsters that exist in our world and the worlds beyond, but unfortunately I am not much of a fighter, as you can see. Could you perhaps go and find information about the monsters of the 9 worlds in the name of research? Here, I'll give you this."

[Receives "Monster Research Necklace"]

"This is a special item developed by our scientists, which records data from monsters and stores them into the crystal embedded within the necklace. One of our scientists wanted to call it a MonsterDEX, but that just sounds silly, don't you think?"

Talking to Professor Yggdrasil again will reveal more information.

Professor Yggdrasil: "Curious, have you come across any Bounty Boards? Yes, those were implemented by us to help with each town's monster problems. During that time, some Bounty Hunters have become prevalent in each town, calling themselves the top Bounty Hunters of their town. I hear that if you complete the challenges set by each top Bounty Hunter, you'll receive badges of some sort. How intriguing!"

Starting to get the idea yet? You're going on a Pokémon monster-hunting adventure!

Monster Research Necklace
A unique accessory developed by members of the Monster Research Organization in Juno. It has the ability to record data of monsters you fight.

Increases EXP gained from killing monsters by 3%.

This item is character-bound.
Weight: 0

PHASE 3: The Quest Chain

Okay, so it's not really a quest chain, per se. << Now you start traveling to all the towns and cities to challenge these so-called top Bounty Hunters. Each top Bounty Hunter will challenge you to take on 4+ monsters from their respective Bounty Boards. Monsters chosen must be Base Level 70+ to qualify.

Completion of the quests will reward players with Eden Merit Badges. Each top Bounty Hunter would be located somewhere in each town/city, so you'll have to search for them. You can only take the trial quests from each of them once so these quests will not be repeatable on the same character like the Bounty Boards are.

Juno

Character pending

Umbala

Character pending

Geffen

Mr. Wripley: "Hi there. I'm the top Bounty Hunter in Geffen!

Ah, trying to take away my thunder, are you? Well, pick 4+ monsters from the Geffen Bounty Board and show me what you've got!"

Mr. Wripley: "Hmm, not bad. Here are your badges.

By the way, if you happen to come across someone by the name of Senko Tora, say hello to her for me."

Alberta

Character pending

Morroc

Toksen: “What do you want?

You want to be the next top Bounty Hunter of Morroc? Hunt down 4+ monsters from the Morroc Bounty Board and we’ll see.”

Toksen: “Psh, you probably chose the weaker monsters, didn’t you? Whatever, here are your badges.”

Comodo

Character pending

Payon

Bashi Inu: "Welcome to my domain. Think you have what it takes to topple me? Take on 4+ monsters from the Payon Bounty Board, if you dare."

Bashi Inu: "Well, you proved me wrong. Here are your badges."

Prontera

Guardian TK: “I am the top Bounty Hunter in all of Prontera . What business do you have with me?

You want to challenge my title? Let’s see you take out 4+ monsters on the Prontera Bounty Board, then.”

Guardian TK: “Guess I’d better eat my words. Here are your badges.”

Lutie

Character pending

Aldebaran

Tee Kwan: “You must be off your rocker to challenge the top Bounty Hunter of Aldebaran.

Go ahead, hunt down 4+ monsters from the Aldebaran Bounty Board and see if you don’t go crazy first.”

Tee Kwan: “Wow, you’re crazier than even me. Guess I should give you your badges, huh?

Also, if you see my friend Senko Tora, tell her hi for me.”

Lighthalzen

Dr. Azzy: “What’s up?

You want to challenge me, the top Bounty Hunter in Lighthalzen?

Well then, go pick 4+ monsters from the Lighthalzen Bounty Board if you think you have what it takes.”

Dr. Azzy: “Huh, I guess you do have what it takes. Here are your badges.”

Hugel

Character pending

Rachel

Character pending

Veins

Character pending

Niflheim

Character pending

Splendide

Character pending

Manuk

Character pending

Mora

Character pending

El Dicastes

Character pending

Eclage

Character pending

PHASE 4: Bonus Quest!

Once you've completed all the Master Hunter trials, you will unlock a bonus quest that will have you searching for a wandering lorekeeper. That person will be found on one of the peaks of Mt. Mjolnir.

Wandering Lorekeeper (Senko Tora): "Oh, hi. I wasn't expecting anyone to be looking for me.

Oh, you heard of me from my friends? Then I guess I don't need to tell you my name, do I?"

You will then have a conversation with the lorekeeper, which can end in 2 ways. One way will reward you with a special pet that increases damage with Dagger class weapons by 200% and the other will reward you with a free refine on 1 Dagger-class item.

If you manage to get the refine ending, go revisit Toksen in Morroc for a chance to stab him! C:

Senko Tora: "Here, let me refine that dagger for you.

There we go. Now go on back to Morroc and stab Toksen with this. *giggles*

What? That's how we say hello to each other. Don't worry, it'll take much more than a simple stab to kill Toksen, believe me."

Go back to Morroc and...

Toksen: "Oh, it's you. What brings you back here?

OW! What the...?? Why did you stab me??? Did Senko put you up to this???

That woman! I'll get her!!"

Edited by ZeroTigress, 28 July 2014 - 06:49 PM.

#2 iLoveHelloKitty

iLoveHelloKitty

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:I play'em all

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:12 PM

nice idea mate :) lets wait if the team will comply with this :)

#3 VidarWolf

VidarWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:43 AM

this version sounds more interesting (and less tedious) than the actual one o_o i like it, is there the possibility to add champion monsters to the boards like "only for hardcores" style quests :D?

#4 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:26 AM

You know, I'm curious if something like this couldn't be implemented.

Like have an NPC, and he'll give you a quest.  Say he wants you to find some random whatever on a world map.  The goal is to find that spot (basically one of those little shadow spots that you click on) click it to "receive the item" or whatever goal you want to make it, and return to the NPC who issued the quest.  The spot would spawn in a new random location on the map each time you took the quest to keep it interesting, and when you took the quest, it would give you a counter or something for the monsters that appear on that map.  There wouldn't be a set amount to kill like with Gramps or the Bounty Boards, but you would get extra experience from the quest depending on how many monsters you killed on the map.  This way you could still get a little bonus experience from killing monsters, without having to worry about getting to some high kill count.  Those that want to take their time and kill a crap ton of monsters can, and those that don't or simply don't have the time, can just do the run and be done with it.

Now, I have no idea if this would even be possible, but for me, this could be a really fun and different way to do some questing in RO that would require some exploration.  Heck, it would be really fun to do with a party too since the "goal" wouldn't necessarily be the killing of monsters.  People would be less worried about having the ideal party, or getting that ranger for faster killing and whatnot.  

#5 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:54 AM

Gotta catch 'em all. Collect badges (EMBs) and challenge elite four.

No, really, elite fours are manuk, splendide, mora, and dicastes. I think eclage is where trainer red resides.

#6 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 July 2014 - 04:47 AM

wtb bundle accept option.  I'm not sure why it can't be implemented since the 70-85 eden boards have you turn in 1 quest to take on 4+.  I'd expect it to be similar here.  If there's a cap on how many quests one can have in the log, I've yet to hit that limit. 

besides that, i like Zero's original proposal.

#7 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:09 AM

this version sounds more interesting (and less tedious) than the actual one o_o i like it, is there the possibility to add champion monsters to the boards like "only for hardcores" style quests :D?

Really? I figured this would feel more tedious with a chain quest on top of the Bounty Boards.

Champion monsters don't really give much of a challenge so it wouldn't really do much to add them to the Bounty Boards.

wtb bundle accept option.  I'm not sure why it can't be implemented since the 70-85 eden boards have you turn in 1 quest to take on 4+.  I'd expect it to be similar here.  If there's a cap on how many quests one can have in the log, I've yet to hit that limit. 

besides that, i like Zero's original proposal.

There's no cap on how many quests you can take on, as far as I can see. I have about 50 on my main. <<

The original Bounty Board proposal is better for the good of iRO. This is just something I'm toying around with since Oda and Campitor are against the original spirit of the old proposal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users