9 replies to this topic

#1 vacalpotan

vacalpotan

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:13 AM

Hey everyone,

Im completely noob coming from Lotro. Got some questions for you to answer. Im trying to determine if I should start in this game or not. Talking about Requiem.

How many active players are in the game?

Is this mostly solo questing or are there instances? Is it possible to find people to run them?

Is it completely f2p or subscriber status recommended?

Basically, I wanna know everything, but I dont want to overwhelm you with questions. Thanks, in advance.

#2 explicid17

explicid17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1170 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:16 AM

Not that many active on weekdays, game is pretty fun up until level 70 then you have to start investing money to upgrade your gear in order to do dungeons

#3 RoxCore

RoxCore

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1016 posts
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:19 AM

... its free to play if u go pve only... if u want to go pvp here and dont want to spend money u need to farm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo -_- long and raid more xD.. but its possible.

Best way atm to go raid or quest with other players is in a guild. But hopefull they will repair the party/dungeon finder then it will be much more easy..

Just try it... its free like i said so there is nothin to lose

#4 iLoveHelloKitty

iLoveHelloKitty

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • Server:I play'em all

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:50 PM

if you're into hardcore and challenging quests, start playing Requiem :) just a piece of advice, mate, dont get bored in starting phase (Turba Map) of the game, cuz suddenly when you reach Nova Lux, its the beginning of a great hell-like adventure  :thumb2:

#5 Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationAthens, Hellas
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:26 PM

If you really want to be "competitive", especially when you reach "end game", you will have to be prepared to spend real cash hard and furious. Even with the "new trend" of "events" that offer massive boni to gear upgrade rates (e.g. +60% and the like), it would still take effort and money to create the "perfect gear".

It is always possible to be a "free player", but it will take just forever, although again, it is much easier these days to level and farm resources with all the "events" mentioned above, even for "free players". But when it comes down to the "uber" gear, it is either you will have to spend your own money, or, if you do have friends that could provide you with the needed mall items for lants, you would have to farm endlessly and acquire mountains of lants (and resources).

Most of the leveling can be done solo, although partying always speeds up the process, especially at higher levels. Most dungeons / instances require a party, and the high level ones, a good party and good gear, otherwise it will be very lengthy fights and probably fails ./ wipes too. End-game dungeons like ET (Erunil's Tower) and AoS (Altar of Sacrifice) are seriously hard and probably impossible to do for the "average" geared player / party. Most players running them efficiently are all in top, heavily upgraded gear only.

Finally, about the Premium subscription, it is not required, you can buy it, but the benefits are not that very great anymore, with all the numerous and frequent events floating around. Premium would probably help more in the beginning and through the leveling process, rather than later on and end-game.

I don't know, personally, I can no longer recommend Requiem to new players, there are so many far better options out there. If you do want to try though, give it a go, but as I said earlier, better don't be tempted to start spending until you have decided, and also, if possible, try to join a decent guild that doesn't mind helping new players. The population these days isn't really high, so depending on "randoms" for parties of any kind isn't a very good idea.

#6 vacalpotan

vacalpotan

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:08 AM

Thanks for the helpful replies, guys! Tbh, I've spent tons of cash in Lotro and if I like the game I'll do that here. Guess I just wanted to know if this is a good game still worth playing or if it's dying beyond hope. I came here because I was looking for a dark-themed, horror-ish atmosphere. I have no problem with old games as soon as they dont die tomorrow.

Edited by vacalpotan, 30 July 2014 - 04:09 AM.

#7 exilehunter

exilehunter

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2101 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:12 AM

this game is on perma zombie mode... doesnt seem to die no matter what catastrophe happens.

#8 Pichaga

Pichaga

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:00 AM

if you get a chance to spend kash for all - lvling, scrolls, pet +periods, costums,enchant, reinforce, compund, revamp and all,

this game you'll like. I try a lot games but Requiem gameplay, stats system is the best. In this game there are many life but it is impossible for any. Personally, I gave up long ago.

I do not know how worth it because a few years ago was abandoned by their owners.

I wait patch 168. if the company put more effort and and ease the burden of kash will be good for Requiem.

#9 ARKILIUS

ARKILIUS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 757 posts
  • Locationbehind screen
  • Server:lost one

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:59 AM

this game is on perma zombie mode... doesnt seem to die no matter what catastrophe happens.

well totally agree , but that suited for an horror type game i suppose :heh:

#10 PrincessBadong

PrincessBadong

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Server:Triffri

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:09 PM

@vacalpotan: Me too! it caught my attention since I'm also interested in a dark-themed game. And it didn't failed to amazed me ^^.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users