Option to PVP Anywhere - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Option to PVP Anywhere

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Aedis

Aedis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 30 July 2014 - 06:09 AM

Just a thought

-If you right click on someone, there's an option to ask to fight them, so anyone who did not accept cant be hit or killed, the player that got asked has an option to say yes or no like when getting invited to a party or guild

-Can be done inside towns and monster maps, except TI/Woe/ET or other special areas

-Whoever is in the party can join as long as that person accepted the duel and he/she can also party to fight them

-I do know PvP Area exist so dont try to be sarcastic and brought it up like its not hard to go to PvP or PvP area exist and so on (for those who keep replying that has this Know It All Attitude) 

Sometimes PvP is boring since only few people go there, being on maps atleast theres some audience who can watch and it would be awesome as u can see people fight without getting killed yourself, also people cant abuse this, like kill anyone on sight since they need to accept the offer first before they can be fought.

I am just speaking what comes to mind so dont take this seriously or try to be sarcastic and reply like a know it all, like some people here who keeps butting in just to try to look like a big shot and get attention xD

Edited by Aedis, 30 July 2014 - 06:11 AM.

#2 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:02 AM

Or just open a PVP server. If I recall correctly, iRO never opened one because they didn't think it would be profitable. Sad that they didn't even want to ry. I want to see how the Slayer System works.

#3 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:02 AM

PK systems worry me... You get the people that spend time doing nothing but harassing other players which makes it very, very difficult for anyone trying to start out to level.

#4 thatfool

thatfool

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:35 AM

i wouldnt say any map, but if it was a special map with mobs of more than normal exp, then yeah

#5 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:12 AM

I wouldn't mind as long as there was an option to decline/declining all incoming requests. I don't want to be leveling alts and have to worry about monsters and random people killing me.

It probably would work better than the designated PVP areas considering how empty they usually are. -.-

Edited by Alaska, 30 July 2014 - 11:12 AM.

#6 Aedis

Aedis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:49 AM

PK systems worry me... You get the people that spend time doing nothing but harassing other players which makes it very, very difficult for anyone trying to start out to level.

Thats why i thought if theres an option after you right clicked on someone to ask if they want to fight first, to prevent player killing unless they said yes to the offer like when getting invited to join a party or guild invite xD

And like i mentioned, sometimes its boring in pvp cause its empty and no audience, would be really awesome to see someone fighting in south prontera without getting killed yourself, cause entering PvP means you will get killed and you just cant watch without getting killed by SwineFluChaser even if your just sitting there to watch

#7 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:57 AM

i can still envision harrassment if someone constantly tries to initiate combat with a player.  this could be solved if you have a /nt like option for auto declining pvp requests.

#8 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 06:15 PM

Which is why kRO implemented the Slayer System for PVP servers. People that PK too much get marked as murderers and become unable to PK. And good players can hunt down murderers for points.

#9 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:22 AM

not sure if this is outdated, but if you pk a lot (i.e mass murderer) you get some pretty nifty bonuses, which appear to be permanent so long as you remain above a certain pk point threshold:

http://irowiki.org/wiki/PK_Servers

#10 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:54 AM

As long as iRO doesn't open a PVP server, we'll never be able to confirm those unless we go to another official server with a PVP server.

#11 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:42 PM

iRO should have a PVP for low level (99-)

and a pvp rank,maybe..?

your suggestion is cool but would only decrease more our pvp population... (i guess) :p_smile:

#12 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:20 PM

i dont think it would lessen the PVP population... it may kill the PVP rooms but one of the things that drives alot of players AWAY from the PVP rooms is getting ganged up on by 10+ people when you first walk in... if people were able to duel without interference from others i think it would really help the overall game environment... but it would need the right click invite option and it would need the ability to decline all duels... maybe make a characters name red if they are open to dueling or something so you know who you can challenge...

#13 Energystar

Energystar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:31 PM

nice suggestion :no1:

Or just open a PVP server. If I recall correctly, iRO never opened one because they didn't think it would be profitable. Sad that they didn't even want to ry. I want to see how the Slayer System works.

Only for vip player will give profit for IRO

or use some Kafra item for non vip

like example Marriage covenant or kafra card box

#14 SilverDragon24

SilverDragon24

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:45 AM

Ragnarok Online needs a Duel System So they can turn down a fight with another player. Because there are too many strong players PKing the weaker players around the first town making it harder for them to level up. It's just ruining the gameplay when the strong PKs the weak. It's just sad.

#15 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:30 PM

I think a duel system would be best.  As long as you can decline or even have an option to ignore duel requests.

#16 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 12 September 2014 - 01:53 PM

A PK classic server would be fun though.

#17 NarueNina

NarueNina

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 10:52 AM

Which is why kRO implemented the Slayer System for PVP servers. People that PK too much get marked as murderers and become unable to PK. And good players can hunt down murderers for points.

I would love this.

Open Word PVP is ALWAYS good and filters the casual playerbase and carebears.

Edited by NarueNina, 14 September 2014 - 10:52 AM.

#18 Catastrophe2k13

Catastrophe2k13

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in oceania
  • Server:Renewal-Chaos

Posted 14 September 2014 - 04:38 PM

Yeah well said TS, it is more fun to duel people(like in many mmorpgs) rather than pvp rooms where u can see bunch of well geared players sitting at the middle/some spot waiting for some random players to kill, for me pvp room is more like hangout place/territorial place of known people and will pawn every new faces they will see lol. So duel system will solve the issues when it comes to 1v1 pvp

Edited by Catastrophe2k13, 15 September 2014 - 01:20 AM.

#19 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Thor

Posted 04 March 2016 - 07:08 AM

Bumping this thread, Why is this not even considered? it's a good idea. A lot of players have guild mates/real life friends that would certainly come to their rescue when you knock one of them down in PVP and eventually it''ll turn out to be you vs. 1 whole guild. 

Some players spend a lot of money for PVP gears via cash shop or etc. just to find out that they cannot utizlize it in PVP because of the issue stated above. And a lot of MMORPG's have this option so I don't think this would hurt RO in anyway, in fact it might even attract old players to play again.

Can anyone look into this and give it much thought?

#20 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 09:01 AM

I am ok with this as long as there is a way in settings to disable people from requesting, and that new novices already have that set so people are running around requesting to pvp every new person. or requesting every person that passes by.

#21 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Thor

Posted 04 March 2016 - 09:45 AM

I am ok with this as long as there is a way in settings to disable people from requesting, and that new novices already have that set so people are running around requesting to pvp every new person. or requesting every person that passes by.

Exactly, AND as an addition all maps in Midgard would probably be populated, imagine finally getting the chance to battle anywhere and not just get stuck on the same old PVP maps that exist. You can fight on the airship, dungeons etc.

This can also make grinding fun, grinding is boring even when doing bounty board quests, now if you encounter another player grinding on the same map, you can challenge them to a duel  to take a break from killing the same old boring monsters that you've been killing for an hour. To add to the fun the winner of the duel can get some experience to help him/her level up faster while the loser looses some exp however they can avoid losing exp from duels if they are VIP, see it's a win win for everyone.

I don't see anything negative about adding this feature.

Edited by Usurper, 04 March 2016 - 09:53 AM.

#22 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 09:55 AM

as long as you can block duel requests that's fine. open world ganking is probably a non-starter though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users