Rant of the leader of the IFLA (IFrit Mask Leveling Association) - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Rant of the leader of the IFLA (IFrit Mask Leveling Association)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
58 replies to this topic

#1 Djaytorre

Djaytorre

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationSpain
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 30 July 2014 - 06:33 AM

*Disclaimer*

*This is a rant post,nothing more nothing less,this will be my first and only post in regards to this subject,this post is to 1) rant and 2) to warn you that i am watching you and will be reported if you kill steal*

Been a few days since i got my Ifrit Mask and to be honest im having a blast....except for all the kill stealers i have encountered in TI.

Now this post is to let you know ill be watching you,ill be recording every single second of my gaming time and if you kill steal from me you will be reported,im going to quit my job so i can record 24/7 and send tickets about all those players that are a cancer to this mmo and many others.

I will be a Terminator,i will be a Power Ranger Samurai,i will be a freaking Transformer,im going to be a turbo version of Neo,Jet Li and Bruce Lee will pale in comparion to my will and determination of catching kill stealers,no spare time will be wasted on social life,gf or any other activity,ill have a intravenous feeding system put in my arm so i can have liquids without stoping my gaming session,im going to install solar power panels glued to my skin so they can convert the energy into fuel for my body so i dont have to waste time in eating food...my only goal in life will be to do my daily 3 rounds of TI and record,record,record,record,record,record,record,record,record,record,record,record,record,record,record...

and when i catch someone in the revolting act of kill stealing i will file a ticket and hopfully you will be banned.

P.S:If you kill steal by mistake and pm with an apology right away no report/ticket will be sent...

Apology? Right!!! LOL that seems a lost art in today's world where the youth and some not so young lack the decency and moral values to apologise when they do something wrong.

If you or any other self entitled,high post number count,veteran player with "im on a high horse" attitude thinks that the Ifrit Mask is detrimental to the health of the server and its players then go ahead and let the game developers know....but dont try to rationalise the kill stealing with the fact that maybe you need to spend an extra 40 seconds in finding more mobs for your daily TI quest...

As i said before this is my only post regarding this subject so i dont really care what you reply so go ahead and spew your venom because i could care less what you kill stealers think or say.

Have a nice day :heh:

Edited by Djaytorre, 30 July 2014 - 06:34 AM.

#2 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 30 July 2014 - 06:38 AM

I wouldn't quit my job just to report people...but I know what you mean about people KSing you when you are using it to solo a TI. I would be constantly KSed by Rangers and Warlocks when doing the TI on my Sura, using the Ifrit Mask.

#3 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 July 2014 - 06:38 AM

You must be new here.

#4 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:27 AM

I feel like this is a challenge. Where do you level again?

#5 KiyokoHasami

KiyokoHasami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 932 posts
  • LocationRelocated ---->Bio 4
  • Server:Chaos>Valkyrie>New Chaos

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:30 AM

Stop holding up the spawns and you won't be KS'd so often!

#6 belenoi

belenoi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1055 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:36 AM

I actually have to agree. I don't have Ifrit mask, I'm just a puller. But, yeah, when every random ranger see you he thinks "oh, free mobs!"/AS Pulling in low ti could be really frustrating.

#7 PIayboy

PIayboy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 769 posts
  • LocationRiding on a rainbow.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:55 AM

KSing is srs bns.

#8 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:00 AM

I actually have to agree. I don't have Ifrit mask, I'm just a puller. But, yeah, when every random ranger see you he thinks "oh, free mobs!"/AS Pulling in low ti could be really frustrating.

when your mob starts attacking me, of course i am going to shoot.

#9 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:01 AM

I go there once in a while to solo TIs and always get parties either teleporting on top of me or walking past me and killing everything that was aggroed on me.

But I don't care and I expect it. Why you ask?

Because it's what happens when you send hundreds of players to the same spot.

Just deal with it and move on. 

#10 rodezja

rodezja

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 503 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:03 AM

When I was leveling my champ, I got an apology once for KSing. Yup. Once.

If you have free accessory spot, you can use errende ebecee card. Or just switch it with whatever you're using.

THE BEST THING though is, some people tried to argue with me that there is no kill stealing in TI. That they are free to KS everything. Can somebody explain me where such stupidity comes from? Did Camp not post the spawn table enough times already?

#11 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:06 AM

im going to quit my job so i can record 24/7 and send tickets about all those players that are a cancer to this mmo and many others

:heh:  :heh:

I usually avoid what I can unless the person is an ass to me then I KS them on sight since they'll do it to me anyways.

#12 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:17 AM

im going to quit my job so i can record 24/7 and send tickets about all those players that are a cancer to this mmo and many others.

You do realize ifrit mask leveling is just as rude to other players on the map as ksing is to you, right?

I am not advocating kill stealing. I am saying its a little absurd that you are being just as rude and selfish as the people you are villifying, and you're basically heavily encouraging them to do what they're doing. Report the WHOLE server if you have to, but take a moment to step back and realize you're advocating banning the whole server for being frustrated with what one person is doing.

The best solution is to leave TI to what they are intended for -- party leveling. and take your "fun" somewhere where you won't be inconveniencing other people with your spawn holding and server lag.

its all about not being half as self-important and rude as you're blasting other people for being.

Edited by Jaye, 30 July 2014 - 08:50 AM.

#13 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:30 AM

i usually try my best to avoid ks'ing, but when you wing in to a spot and all you see is a mob attacking something right on top of you.  its pretty hard to realize that there is someone there tanking the mobs especially when the other player hasn't loaded yet. also doesn't help that a lot of people have /effects off to minimize screen clutter.

As wrong as ks'ing is, its really unavoidable sometimes especially when the map is overcrowded, and the limitations of the game engine.  If this is something you want to do just to create frustration for yourself and others then by all means that's your right to.  However, i feel that there would be much more fun things to do with your time instead of focusing only on the negative things about the game.

Also one thing i know for certain.  Due to the way the game is coded and the way server traffic is managed, 'reflect leveling' with cd/ifirit/rings seriously causes massive lag and strain on the server.  You're generating several hundred server ticks per second when you have 10 things on you and all your pretty lights are going.  This really bogs down the map server you're on for everyone else, ontop of that, when ever someone else is in like a 25x25 are of you they get the packet updates as well, so the server load doubles every time someone else gets near you.  Considering that there are probably 2 or 3 dozen people next to you at anytime in the low TI map, i would place my bets that this is why the map lags when ever you see multiple reflect levelers on the map.

So there are reasons to both sides.  If you want to make your choices without knowing all the information then feel free to do so.  No one is stopping you, nor do most people actually care.

#14 belenoi

belenoi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1055 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:35 AM

When I was leveling my champ, I got an apology once for KSing. Yup. Once.
If you have free accessory spot, you can use errende ebecee card. Or just switch it with whatever you're using.

Good idea, thank you. Also, yes, they can at least say "sorry". I can't be angry at person, who apologized.)

#15 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:49 AM

You do realize ifrit mask leveling is just as rude to other players on the map as ksing is to you, right?

This ^

The concept of reflect leveling is built on a game exploit. Albeit, a resourceful use of reflect gear. Also, I do not believe that reflect levelers do anything to entitle them to a monster kill. There is no kiting, skill use, or offensive action taken whatsoever. I wouldn't consider an reflected attack & gear proc "offensive", moreso "reactive". Your damage is a consequence of a monster attacking you, not you attacking the monster.

If anything, reflect leveling should be considered illegal mob training.

#16 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:56 AM

i should make a Ctrl-Click/Auto-Attack Level Association

#17 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:06 AM

People who ks ctrl+clickers (who kill fast) don't have much excuse or provocation for what they are doing.

But, ti's aren't for soloing really, so you're just bringing it on yourself if you pick that spot to solo. Would be nice if there were higher level instances like overlook for elite ctrl+clickers to enjoy their builds...

#18 belenoi

belenoi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1055 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:12 AM

People who ks ctrl+clickers (who kill fast) don't have much excuse or provocation for what they are doing.

But, ti's aren't for soloing really, so you're just bringing it on yourself if you pick that spot to solo. Would be nice if there were higher level instances like overlook for elite ctrl+clickers to enjoy their builds...

I think ti isn't made for soloing too. BUT it is legal and KSing isn't. As is Ifrit mask. So you can't relly say they are bringing it on themselves

#19 MeisterKirisaki

MeisterKirisaki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • LocationiRO Loki

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:05 AM

Stop holding up the spawns and you won't be KS'd so often!

He's killing, he's not as fast as others. So what? If I play an Assassin and punch stuff for 100s, I'm probably holding up spawn too. So what? We all play Rangers now?

It doesn't matter if someone kills fast or slow. People can choose how to play TIs - solo or in party. It's your opinion that people have to party play in TIs, but it's just that: another opinion of many. Facts are game rules.

#20 Gaia

Gaia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:18 AM

Just my opinion's not to be taken as fact or in a offensive manner.

1. Most fly wing n' cast skill asap and AS at lvl 10 does a 11x11 area that's half of the screen most of the time.

2. Monster sprites load before players after a fly wing at least for me they do.

3. When you take up 50x of a monster for 3-5 mins for a hour or more on a super high traffic map it penalizes every other player (It is like being on a highly botted map like east of payon.)

4. There are spawn locations for nearly every monster in the TI maps that are better suited for for solo reflect play if you want kill counts.

5. Do MVP's once in a while and then see how little KSing happens in TI (I think I have got the first hit on amon ra alone about 200ish times but I have only got the mvp marker for it 3 times.)

6. Complaining about people who abuse a social nicety while you are abusing a mechanic to level is like the pot calling the kettle black.

As I said before they are just my opinion's on the matter. Expect for number 3 about the bot thing seriously yesterday there were 9+ reflect farmers on mid TI from 8 am till almost 11ish am it took me over 3 hours to do two mid TI quests when it is normally a 10 min affair.

Personally I try to avoid large mobs on other players but if my skill hits them because I targeted a monster not attacking that player then there is little I can do about it.

#21 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:25 AM

He's killing, he's not as fast as others. So what? If I play an Assassin and punch stuff for 100s, I'm probably holding up spawn too. So what? We all play Rangers now?

It doesn't matter if someone kills fast or slow. People can choose how to play TIs - solo or in party. It's your opinion that people have to party play in TIs, but it's just that: another opinion of many. Facts are game rules.

Then just report it and wait for a ban.

Honestly people are going to complete the TI/leveling/whatever as fast as they can. If you're significantly impacting their ability to do so they're going to just KS you and be done with it, feel free to report it but odds are nothing significant will ever come of it.

#22 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:27 AM

Well, I admire your dedication at least. xD

#23 HeIIraiser

HeIIraiser

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationUranus

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:49 AM

Many will use the excuse that TI is KS-able :heh:   Due to the old data that says TI maps = FFA

But I know how you feel. I feel the same way outside of TI; when you're leveling and someone comes and KS you and then they give you the BS excuse "Sorry, I thought you were a bot" 

There are a few people who actually apologize and admit that they're jealous and envy you; they blame it on their greed, but nonetheless; they apologize.

Edited by HeIIraiser, 30 July 2014 - 10:49 AM.

#24 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:51 AM

I feel like a proper apology would be "I am sorry you are gaining exp so incredibly slowly but that doesn't mean I have to as well" and then KS again A+

#25 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Server:Quit

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:53 AM

Do you know what reflect levelers remind me of? That bloody annoying person in front of you that can't make up their mind, holding a long line up of people.

If I accidentally KS someone's puller I'll feel bad. If I accidentally kill a reflect leveler's mob I could care less.

Edited by ShoLin, 30 July 2014 - 10:58 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users