Question about Leveling Homun before becoming a Gene - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Question about Leveling Homun before becoming a Gene

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Avngl

Avngl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:25 AM

Hello guys,

So far I found that it is quite fun playing with the homunculus.

Here is my question--> I am not sure about evolving the homunculus , but if i am not mistaken, once it levels to 99, it would evolve to a stronger forum of homunculus right? I am running with an Amistr which I hope to turn into a Sera for MVPing purposes. I got this after reading a few threads on the best homun for MVPing purposes.

Must I level my homun to level 99 before turning into a Gene, or can i turn into a gene, allow the homun to level to 99 and then evolve it further?

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:13 AM

You can change to genetic regardless of what level your homun is. You can also remake the homun as a genetic without penalty (other than having to level the remade homun, of course). 

Once it's 99 and evolved, and you're a genetic, you can (and should immediately) take it to the npc in lhz and change it to homun S. 

The thing you need to be really careful about is if your homun IS level 99 when you change to genetic. As soon as you change to genetic, the level cap on the homun increases to 150. You can thus level the homun past 99 before changing it to homun S - this is BAD BAD BAD because the stat growth as pre-S homun is much worse than as homun S, and you permanently miss out on hp/sp and stats if you level if past 99 before changing to homun s. Just like players, homuns can get overflow exp - and you can't see the exp bar to know whether this is the case until you change (if you change and see no homun exp bar, that means it will level on the next kill); it is thus quite easy to end up with a 99 homun with enough exp to immediately level to 100 if it kills anything (even a poring or herb plant) once you change to genetic. If your homun is 99 when you change to gen, you need to be extremely careful until you change it to homun S. 

#3 Avngl

Avngl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:26 PM

You can change to genetic regardless of what level your homun is. You can also remake the homun as a genetic without penalty (other than having to level the remade homun, of course). 

Once it's 99 and evolved, and you're a genetic, you can (and should immediately) take it to the npc in lhz and change it to homun S. 

The thing you need to be really careful about is if your homun IS level 99 when you change to genetic. As soon as you change to genetic, the level cap on the homun increases to 150. You can thus level the homun past 99 before changing it to homun S - this is BAD BAD BAD because the stat growth as pre-S homun is much worse than as homun S, and you permanently miss out on hp/sp and stats if you level if past 99 before changing to homun s. Just like players, homuns can get overflow exp - and you can't see the exp bar to know whether this is the case until you change (if you change and see no homun exp bar, that means it will level on the next kill); it is thus quite easy to end up with a 99 homun with enough exp to immediately level to 100 if it kills anything (even a poring or herb plant) once you change to genetic. If your homun is 99 when you change to gen, you need to be extremely careful until you change it to homun S. 

Thank you very much for the explanation. I get it now.

If my homun were to reach level 99, and it's intimacy is below normal, all I have to do is stop leveling it, and just continue to feed it until it becomes loyal, and then evolve it, and repeat the process again by feeding it and once it is loyal once again (to get its final skill), change it to homun S. Is this correct?

#4 bloodyrascal

bloodyrascal

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2543 posts
  • Location.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:00 PM

Thank you very much for the explanation. I get it now.

If my homun were to reach level 99, and it's intimacy is below normal, all I have to do is stop leveling it, and just continue to feed it until it becomes loyal, and then evolve it, and repeat the process again by feeding it and once it is loyal once again (to get its final skill), change it to homun S. Is this correct?

That's right.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users