#1 PrincessBadong

PrincessBadong

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Triffri

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:46 PM

:hmm: Uhm, I don't know why, but my game client crashes whenever I press [window button] + L to lock my PC. :bash: 

#2 RoxCore

RoxCore

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1016 posts
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:58 AM

U need to change your video settings ingame into window mode. That stops the crashes if u toggel into windows and the game is still fullscreen

#3 PrincessBadong

PrincessBadong

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:34 PM

:hmm:  i see ... is this a know issue? Did someone report it already?

#4 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:43 PM

Its an issue with most 32-bit DirectX Games. If you alt-tab out of Skyrim you can also crash. I think it has something to do with memory management or the difference playing in full screen. (You get better performance and can use more technology like sli/crossfire in full screen).

I don't think the same issue exists if you build your game for Windows 8 or on 64-bit.

#5 PrincessBadong

PrincessBadong

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:50 PM

Tried checking the specs of my PC and here's what I found out:

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.140303-2144)

#6 PrincessBadong

PrincessBadong

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:55 PM

Tried checking the specs of my PC and here's what I found out:

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.140303-2144)

BUMP

So, should I really need to change my OS to 64bit?

#7 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:30 PM

No, the issue is with the client itself. 32-bit DirectX 9 applications tend to crash when alt-tabbing out of full screen mode. The WORD size of your OS does not matter, the OS runs 32-bit applications in compatibility mode it won't magically run it in 64-bit.

There are many things that can cause this issue, but none of them are things you can fix. This is purely a bug created from software engineering decisions. The workaround is simple, run the game in Windowed mode at your monitors resolution. The game is not demanding enough on your GPU to require its full power anyway.

#8 PrincessBadong

PrincessBadong

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:48 PM

:p_omg: oh my, so this is a known bug after all! did someone reported it to our Mods? I thought it was because of my PC not reaching the required specs. (well that's a relief)

:thx:

I really hope this bug will be fixed soon ... :p_cry:

#9 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:10 PM

There is a 0% chance this will be fixed. Requiem uses a middle-ware engine called Gamebryo. All DirectX9 variants of Gamebryo have this same issue. So the only fix would be from an update of Gamebryo or a high level engine programmer getting into the source. The Gamebryo version Requiem runs off of is old and has never been updated. Considering the Gravity Korea programmers I also think its a hacked revised version meaning a straight update of the Gamebryo components will expose a lot of bugs. Even if the game was updated, the limit to how far it can be updated might not be permitted by the Gamebryo developers without some type of service fee. The same applies to Havok. Finally, in order to fix this issue would require resources and time that Gravity LLC cannot provide.

#10 PrincessBadong

PrincessBadong

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 09:44 PM

:sob:  well that's bad. I guess we'll just have to wait for a miracle to happen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users