#1 bambietta

bambietta

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:14 PM

So I've got a level 98 Amistr right now, just trying to loyal for Bloodlust

Just a couple of questions:

1) As a Biochemist, my homun has a max level of 99 right?

2) Would it be fine to 99 my Amistr, let it kill stuff and change it to a Homunculus S without losing HP/SP when I level it up?Or do I have to pretty much prevent my Amistr from killing stuff when it's 99? >:

Kinda confused, thanks for the replies!

#2 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:28 PM

you can level to 99 as a biochem; just don't summon it until you are ready to evolve it as a geneticist.

#3 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:31 PM

are u a gene or a biochem?

if biochem just let it kill, since it can't lvl up beyond 99. However once you are a gene, don't let it kill anymore. immediately after class change, evolve it into a HomunS.

if you are currently already a gene, let it get to 99 then don't let it kill anymore till you get bloodlust and immediately evolve it into a HomunS.

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 04 August 2014 - 01:21 PM

The danger is that - like players - homuns can gain exp even at 99, and it's possible for them to gain enough EXP that they're ready to level - if this happens, as soon as you turn genetic, letting the homun kill even a poring or an herb plant or w/e will trigger a levelup, which is bad for the widely discussed reason. 

Basically, if you do let your homun kill while it's 99 and you're biochem/alchy, put the homun away before becoming genetic, and don't take it out again until you change it to homun S. That all is fine. 

What's really dangerous is when you wind up in that state - homun is 99 with enough EXP to level and you've changed to genetic, but you need to loyal it before changing it to homun S. 

#5 bambietta

bambietta

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 02:24 PM

Ahh I see thank you for the replies. So basically it's all safe and I just have to put it away right after I change to a gene right? And then do the Homun S Quest.

#6 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:40 AM

make sure it's loyal too prior to turning to gene to avoid having it accidentally level.

#7 bambietta

bambietta

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:48 PM

Yup I sure will! I'm keeping track of the Zargons so my Amistr should be loyal in two feedings!

One more thing: I missed out on two skill points because I forgot to add the points waay back when my Amistr was still level 39-4x. For some reason when it was time for it to get another point it just had 15. Homunculus-S still gets skill points right? I'm planning on going for Sera and she needs 20 points to max out all skills right? Kinda regretting those two points missing since forever!

#8 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:10 PM

I don't think you lose points if you don't allocate skills... I've never heard of that before.

And homun S gets skills at the same rate, so you'll still have left over points.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users