#5 Demtd

Demtd

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Nova

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:26 PM

Requiem staff: your forge is hampering all our progress. We need 60% to advance. You are only making people lose interest.

An item such as Wrecked ball Skill Critical II without event is not even 100%. Still a chance to fail. You upgrade once and it gains break and degrade rates. With the amount of lant it takes, even with reinforcement tool you would be incredibly stupid to try and raise this item much higher without event. We need stronger items to advance and kill bosses. Those who started at 69 with basic unreinforced armour probably didn't have eximius xeons at the time.

60% forge should be full time.

Edited by Demtd, 06 August 2014 - 12:35 PM.

#6 xShadowGigx

xShadowGigx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 06 August 2014 - 05:03 PM

I get my copy of Guild Wars 2 this weekend and I wasn't planning on logging into Requiem. Well I guess if they were to give us forge weekend, I would log in after all.

#7 Howako

Howako

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 885 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Not Requiem

Posted 06 August 2014 - 06:06 PM

why not just turn on 60% forge and leave it on all the time? would be constant trickle of cash for you and would save us from having to always ask for it lol

#8 Brooklynkid11216

Brooklynkid11216

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 06 August 2014 - 06:24 PM

why not just turn on 60% forge and leave it on all the time? would be constant trickle of cash for you and would save us from having to always ask for it lol

:thumb2:

#9 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:05 AM

its psychology - if its not rare its less attractive 

anyway...we should stay away from Forge Events.

a Forge Bonus  for SvS Winner ya mby - or even better: a Forge Bonus redeemable for Honor Points... thats a better Way into my Eyes.

Not bound to Paydays or some Wheel of Randomness. 

Edited by Sandyman, 07 August 2014 - 05:07 AM.

#10 hadro

hadro

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:43 AM

Well they either need to implement 60% forge all the time or to change %s  like its 60% forge( same kaka anyways). Its kinda retarded that players needs to wait an EVENT to be able to advance gear wise and its something i have never seen in any game ive played. -_- u cant even get an item to +10 without forge and even with +10 u are going to have hard times in raids, not gona talk about PVP lel. Overall,i think we all agree that they need to change something about upgrading system.

#11 exilehunter

exilehunter

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2101 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:06 AM

forge forces people to log on.

if its on all the time, no one needs to log on.

edit: i dont understand why people need forge every month... its not like theres any new content to play around with.

Edited by exilehunter, 07 August 2014 - 06:10 AM.

#12 RoxCore

RoxCore

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1016 posts
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:24 AM

we need forge coz we want to play lol...

e.g. i make a new toon... lvl it fast to a higher lvl and want to go raid or even pvp... how should i with +0 gear ?

i am up for the ieda to make a higher forge rate... we don`t need 60 % all the time.. but 40 % would be nice.. so u can make gear + 10 - + 15 every time... and finish it @ events..

look. if u are a new player and don`t the "event´s" u think like LOL i make a gear + 2 and it breaks.. cool and cya...

thats one of the reason new players quit this game..

also make a timer into the forge were u can the time left till next event.. so ALL ppl know when it comes and not only forum nerds lol

#13 explicid17

explicid17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1170 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:44 AM

forge forces people to log on.

no forge allows people to play a game without a somewhat reasonable gear reinforcement system and prevents them from logging off

reasonable up until lvl 75+ anyway

Edited by explicid17, 07 August 2014 - 06:51 AM.

#14 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:48 AM

you need the Days without Reinforce Event to build up Frustration!

This Game only works atm. with Lust from the Frustration...

you have to think...dam 7 Days already and i have a really hard time with this Quest and Mobs...

if only a Forge Event would happen...

Its calculated that you lose with Gear +0 VS Mobs on same lvl its desired for that.

So you have to simmer for a Events...

and then a Forge hits the Weekend...and voila it won`t hurt to load some WP

i`m just telling you if you make perma +40 % Bonus the Game lose a lot.

So Yes find a better way to improve Gear find a new Way but perma Bonus on Succes rate and the current Concept goes Nuts!

#15 explicid17

explicid17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1170 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:52 AM

and frustrations make you rage quit..

#16 hadro

hadro

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:57 AM

i seriously dont uderstand u ppls. How can u claim that giving us better rates is a bad thing? U are saying that forge events are forcing ppl to log on oO saying that would be something like * hmm lemme make this whole set +30 then ill log off til the next forge*. Are there ppl who actualy spent moneys like that? i woudl actualy like to upgrade my gear whenever i want to, not to wait a god damn EVENT just so i could be able to put few + on some items. Coz there are ppl who cant just throw few hundreds of bucks into one forge event and make all their items +30. for the ppl who would like to PLAY a game, better upgrading rates are needed.

#17 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:08 AM

its an old Topic.

i rather have brake rate fully taken out on simple and Supernus Gear.

#18 exilehunter

exilehunter

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2101 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:45 PM

Can't deny the simple fact that more people log on when there is a forge event. End game players at least, seem to never log without some event.

Low level gear- don't you just make a melee and mage set and interchange them with each new toon? by 65 u can use FoC gear. Not till 70ish do you get bound gear worth keeping, and even then, you can't expect them to be any good for the rest off the game, so investing carus and such is a waste. It's ideal to save levelling for xp events where you don't have to waste time and resources for low level gear.
And if you are struggling with a mob or quest, u can ask people to help...

Maybe I'm just struggling to understand that people are still making new toons and not levelling them when there's an xp event, thus actually have a hard time with 'normal' mobs and quests and spending carus, lant or even mall on non end game or PvP tier gear...

#19 hadro

hadro

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:54 PM

I also cant deny the fact that during some events ( such as forge) game do indeed feels more alive, But on the other hand i also cant understand ppl who log in during forge for example,spent few k's of WP then proceed to afk(like whats the point ??). Dont get me wrong i uderstand veteran ppls are kinda bored since there are nothing left to do( since most of them are fully +30,with all the gear they want), but main problem that causes that is poorly upgrading system where 90% of things needed is ur wallet and nothing else . I mean when AoS came out ive seen SS of +30 weps within few days or so, so if u beat new end game gear in sucha fast period ofc u are going to get bored rly soon, but thats totaly different topic now lol :)

Anyway,my opinion is that there are alot of other things that could *force ppl* to log on,and that fixing upgrading rates wont hurt players in any way , honestly who can say that its oke that from some point items have 0! -_-ing chance for upgrade? 0? seriously?  well thats just my opinion tho. 

cheers ;)

#20 djfree

djfree

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:57 PM

Oh mighty forge, on the broken back of the now deceased dokdo, we offer you this sacrifice.  Its a crappy one but hey, its still a sacrifice right? 65% plos.

#21 RadiantHelper

RadiantHelper

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 389 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:10 AM

70% forge or gtfo

#22 Confused

Confused

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2615 posts
  • Server:Lintra

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:03 PM

Green_treefrog.jpg

#23 Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationAthens, Hellas
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:04 PM

At the very least upgrade rates could be adjusted, that would not be too much to ask, neither unreasonable. Why on Earth you have "lowly" gear break after a few +s, this is plainly bad design and very frustrating for the new players.

I mean seriously... Like it would make some huge difference? We are neither in the long gone era of Amplio / Melior / Potens (woot), where a lvl 40 set was some achievement and meant something, nor anything below Eximius grade has any true value or impact on gameplay (come on now).

Eximius, Rare and Carus grade items though, OK, but still the rates should be adjusted somewhat. The fact that you can hardly make 4-5 reinforcement steps without either an event going or the use of mallz, is just too meh. It would be a far better idea to allow people to get around say +15 with reasonable success, either with applying some modest bonus or having helpful items in-game, or both. For the perfectionists that want all +30, with perfect stats and such, I say, it should remain hard like it used to be in the old days. With lesser bonus rates during events. If you want your perfect +30 shinnies, then you have to put effort in and pay for them.

That way, there would be a fair amount of good gear around, good but not insane. People eventually could work their way into +15, or even +20 sets, and these should be more than enough for most activities, yes even for raids. And +30 "mall w****s" would be fewer, they would be the exceptions. And the game would not revolve around them only, neither the few of them would necessarily dominate every aspect of it, like battlefields, PK, raids, and so on.

But, what I am preaching again about now...

#24 Leash

Leash

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3490 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:02 AM

tumblr_n99b4zMkUd1s8ib80o1_500.png

#25 MacMad

MacMad