Newbie! Bourg? Dex cleric? Cannon cleric? - General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Newbie! Bourg? Dex cleric? Cannon cleric?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 CamiaFromiRose

CamiaFromiRose

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:20 AM

Hey, 

I decided to join the game, but not really - less playing, more exploring. I played iRose since 2005, so I know it inside out, but this is a different game : S

So, can somebody answer me briefly (since all guides seem outdated):

Gunbourg (my main build since irose): yes or no? DEX doesnt up mspeed, right? Good for solo?

Launcher bourg: good to solo? how many mercenaries one has? One only? Is there stockpile skill (to get more drops)? Bourg gets mspeed buff??

Dex cleric: possible? If yes, how good is it? Do muses have moving speed buff still?? 

Cannon cleric: I had one in iRose and I loved it - it was basically like dex cleric, but lotsa STR, some CON, rest to INT - is this possible?

Do muses/clerics get all the buffs that were in iRose?

What would be good job for soloing (since I probably won't be able to party on regular basis)?

Where do I reset stats? I'm level 11, visitor.

Is there any quick and dirty suggestions for newbie? Like keep this and that mats, sell those, etc etc...

EDIT: oh, and what is all this drill things and whatnot? Is that something I should worry early on? And what about chems - one still refines with them yeah?

EDITEDIT: and oh! why I cannot play in fullscreen - it just doesnt show game at all? And when I open options in-game, I cannot set my resolution, bloom, etc etc? Is that a common bug?

Thanks!

Edited by CamiaFromiRose, 06 August 2014 - 11:23 AM.

#2 IAfjiBa

IAfjiBa

Cleric Representative/Community Member of the Month for June

• Members
  • 1451 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:54 AM

Cannon cleric: I had one in iRose and I loved it - it was basically like dex cleric, but lotsa STR, some CON, rest to INT - is this possible?

Do muses/clerics get all the buffs that were in iRose?

What would be good job for soloing (since I probably won't be able to party on regular basis)?

Where do I reset stats? I'm level 11, visitor.

Is there any quick and dirty suggestions for newbie? Like keep this and that mats, sell those, etc etc...

EDIT: oh, and what is all this drill things and whatnot? Is that something I should worry early on? And what about chems - one still refines with them yeah?

EDITEDIT: and oh! why I cannot play in fullscreen - it just doesnt show game at all? And when I open options in-game, I cannot set my resolution, bloom, etc etc? Is that a common bug?

Thanks!

A Cannon Cleric is possible, but you cant do any skills with it. You need a magical weapon to do cleric/mages skills.

When you are a cleric you can get all buffs.

You get a free stat/skill reset at the Mayor Darren in Junon Polis at level 50. (Only one free/stat reset)

If you wanna get zulie, keep all Dirty's, chemcials and sell them to a player shop in Junon Polis. Quests can give zulie and exp.

Drills: Can make a hole in a weapon/jelwerys/chest pieaces

Destruction Drills: Drills out a gem from a weapon/Jelwerys/chest pieaces.

How to play on full screen_ You open the rose program. (Where you click to start, to start Rose Online), Click on Settings, Video, Screen mode.

// Buffiies  :lv:

:Emo_12:

#3 Castanho

Castanho

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1549 posts
  • LocationGarden of Aru
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:That one

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:57 AM

Our server have past for a remodel, so we got some serious changes at skills.

Bourgeois;

They do still working as gunbourg too. The mainly difference between gun and launcher bourg, is that gun bourgs have a pierce defense passive skill, weapon range and more atack speed. Launcher bourgeois have more damage, critical passive skill and various types of AOE/splash damage skills.

They both can summon between 1~2 mercenaries and another new types to help.

Cleric:

Dex cleric and something like it had never really worked. You will get low quality buffs, no offensive passives and no damage skills.

Actually, we're using CHARM as main stat for buffs. So it means, 1 point in CHA worth like 3 point in INT. So, more cha, better buffs and heals.

Cleric got a massive skill remodal, so you must choose between a better healler, buffer, summoner, or a offensive(battle) cleric, using wands, of course. You can now, buff target like always did or buff in party/group, wich turned buffing an easy work, finally.

Skill/stat reset:

You can have ONE free skill/stat reset after lvl 45 (If I'm not wrong) talking to Mayor in Junon.

For soloing all classes have their pro's and againsts. Sure, cleric's almost can't solo, being a support is not a easy way to level if you choose to solo.

I would recmond a easy class to start; champion, knight, bourgeois, mage

Drills are used to create a socket on a item, there is also a type to remove gems from a socket.

Sure you can play in fullscreen, just check your config. Try fixing by the launcher.

#4 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:40 PM

Hi! I'm pretty sure I know who you are and welcome! :D

These good people can tell you a lot more about things like cannon clerics than I can but I do suggest that you make a fs cleric as well as whichever fighter you decide on. Hopefully you are on Draconis and if so, I'll be glad to give you some stuff to help with your buffs. Champs here have 6 aoe's and so far we have had no trouble leveling with ours as the tank.. I know a lot of people have gun bourgs so check the dealer section for some help with that. As Castanho mentioned, charm is the most important stat for a fs cleric, odd as that might sound to you.

Be sure to check the quests as you progress thru the maps. Most npc's have a killing quest that will give you an extra boost of exp as well as zulie and that's kind of kool since you will be fighting those mobs anyway. Kind of like getting a bonus chunk of exp lol.  Things here are quite different from what you are used to but once you get into it, it all makes sense. Feel free to add me here and in-game. Ign is HoneyBuns 

Also let me know when you want some buffs- I can show you why it's worth the effort of making your own fs cleric :P

#5 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 06 August 2014 - 03:08 PM

The main stats on a cleric are charm and int for FS clerics. Using a cannon, you're going to lose a lot of your effectiveness, due to having to put stats into strength, so that you can hold the weapon. Passives will be unavailable also. War clerics sometimes use str, or battle clerics, but again, some skills will be unavailable to you, since you need a wand or magic tool to use them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users