Patch Notes v518(519) - Page 5 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes v518(519)

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#101 Filipito98

Filipito98

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 996 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in another world
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:55 AM

we just have here 2 options

1st - or acept

2nd - or acept

stop complaining about that, ik it was easy to farm the sets but ffs, too easy made the game mutch bored, enjoy the game, go farm with friends, have fun with them, that what most of players dont care, they just wana get the set already and dont care about them. yeah im bored cause that, lots of times in farming alone the set without friends, nowadays i dont even play rose, but guess wat? im not here or there complaining/insult devs/saying bull****/rage on devs, and for the last time open u eyes guys -.-" if is for keep rose as it was than u guys will never know how is real a mmorpg e.e, updates are updates, those who hate let them hate, those who like be happy, is just a game not real life, just play more nthing, try to find ways for have fun, stop complaining.

more or less i liked the update, luckly i passed my SET before the update since most of the players (99%) didnt did that

Block you all item and block all you players.. if you want close your game not like this!!

That just made me laught hahahaha

Edited by Filipito98, 12 August 2014 - 03:57 AM.

#102 Valakas

Valakas

Community Member of the Month for April

• Members
  • 817 posts
  • LocationThere! *points somewhere*
  • Server:Draconis & Odin

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:24 AM

MAYDAY MAYDAY MAYDAY CLAN IS BUGGED!  :p_omg: 

Some characters suddenly appear without their clan name above their names but they are still listed in clan list. Some characters who appear with the clan name still could not access the clan chat. Happened to my vendor just now and some of my fellow clannies in the vending clan. 

Edited by Valakas, 12 August 2014 - 08:24 AM.

#103 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:06 AM

Anyways for some reason there is no use complaining or making valid complaints.  The team that develops this game and oversee's it, has their own vision of what they thinks this game should be.  They impliment all these changes and udates with a promise of a future vision.  The fact that a MAJORITY of the people dont like or want this update, does not seem to resinate at all with Leo and whoever else.  A select few support this update, but its the majority who are being ignored.

It isn't the case at all. I went in to this knowing that it was going to stir discomfort because of the change and way the community is accustomed to game play. However, that didn't change the fact that the course of action was seen to be the necessary one to help get ROSE on the track towards improvement in various areas of the game's content and play.

We've scaled quite a bit back and set in several allowances, that help ease the change from being strict and harsh from what's been so long experienced. The ability to unbind a bound item was important for us to keep that ability to trade the items you're used to possible. The bound restriction is simply a barrier and discouragement towards the intended design of trying to consume equipment once entered in to the economy. The ability to trade those items off currently come with the cost of time and game play effort, in various forms, so it is easily accessible to anyone willing or needing to.

You are not being ignored. Those voices who have been against the update have been heard quite clearly, and many adjustments have been made because of them. But the need for a change in game play is still seen to be necessary and its integrity is being kept intact as much as possible to ensure the goal is achieved. And with all the concerns, complaints and disagreements, the outcome is already showing its effect. Players are adjusting, the market is opening up, and there's more variance and activity booming in-game. You may not see it from your point of view, but when we review logs and player activity, we see it and it matches with the expected results we aimed to achieve.

MAYDAY MAYDAY MAYDAY CLAN IS BUGGED!  :p_omg: 

Some characters suddenly appear without their clan name above their names but they are still listed in clan list. Some characters who appear with the clan name still could not access the clan chat. Happened to my vendor just now and some of my fellow clannies in the vending clan. 

The server was restarted, it should be working now. If anyone is still appearing bugged, they should relog and it should fix it. If not, please ask them to submit a bug report or get in touch with me on the forums.

#104 rageTGLS

rageTGLS

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:04 PM

It isn't the case at all. I went in to this knowing that it was going to stir discomfort because of the change and way the community is accustomed to game play. However, that didn't change the fact that the course of action was seen to be the necessary one to help get ROSE on the track towards improvement in various areas of the game's content and play.

We've scaled quite a bit back and set in several allowances, that help ease the change from being strict and harsh from what's been so long experienced. The ability to unbind a bound item was important for us to keep that ability to trade the items you're used to possible. The bound restriction is simply a barrier and discouragement towards the intended design of trying to consume equipment once entered in to the economy. The ability to trade those items off currently come with the cost of time and game play effort, in various forms, so it is easily accessible to anyone willing or needing to.

You are not being ignored. Those voices who have been against the update have been heard quite clearly, and many adjustments have been made because of them. But the need for a change in game play is still seen to be necessary and its integrity is being kept intact as much as possible to ensure the goal is achieved. And with all the concerns, complaints and disagreements, the outcome is already showing its effect. Players are adjusting, the market is opening up, and there's more variance and activity booming in-game. You may not see it from your point of view, but when we review logs and player activity, we see it and it matches with the expected results we aimed to achieve.

The server was restarted, it should be working now. If anyone is still appearing bugged, they should relog and it should fix it. If not, please ask them to submit a bug report or get in touch with me on the forums.

I really think the only "change" was randomly making honor gear locked instead of bound.  It's just really random and I think everyone had in their heads "Oh as long as i don't equip things its safe."

So you have all of these people with numerous alt character's who were just holding onto their honor gear on different toons not even considering this was going to happen imo.

I think there should be a temporary unlock coupon for honor gear until everyone is adjusted to the change.

Edited by rageTGLS, 12 August 2014 - 02:06 PM.

#105 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:22 PM

Rage it was announced in July, last month. There was already plenty of time.

#106 beachbabyc

beachbabyc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, Georgia, USA

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:35 AM

Stupid Random question cos I'm no good at reading updates, would rather have someone tell me.... when the item mall stuff becomes acct bound will an unbind coupon from valor shop work?  I have 5 accts, each full with 3 chars, 2 of those accts hold all of my costumes. What if I want to give a costume to one of my chars later?    :p_sad:

#107 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Server:Arua

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:24 AM

Stupid Random question cos I'm no good at reading updates, would rather have someone tell me.... when the item mall stuff becomes acct bound will an unbind coupon from valor shop work? I have 5 accts, each full with 3 chars, 2 of those accts hold all of my costumes. What if I want to give a costume to one of my chars later? :p_sad:

That will work like i explained at the other topic

#108 rageTGLS

rageTGLS

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:05 AM

Rage it was announced in July, last month. There was already plenty of time.

The announcements were quite a lot, and not all in the same place.

If I remember correctly they were spread over many topics and posts and it's not like there was a thread titled "Honor items will be LOCKED without equiping" or anything.

The only announcement pertaining to honor items was more of a footnote.

GmIAh7U.png

Again I am not pushing for this restriction to be removed entirely, because I think it is good for the future of the game.  But at the same time I'm not sure why it would be so damaging to the game to have a short grace period maybe 1 week? For people to unbind these items.

Seeing the change in game makes you fully understand what it is, as opposed to the many forum posts that were spread out, and the whole way it seemed the idea of "items are safe until you yourself equip them, there will be a confirmation" sort of deal was being suggested.

Anyways again I do not see how a 1 week grace period of allowing coupons to unbind these items would be harmful to the game in any way.

#109 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:49 AM

The grace period was had, the sooner we move into the phase the sooner people can adjust. While yes postponing it a week gives veteran players more time to move and organize things, it also means another week where new players joining could get the wrong impression or could be damaging to their play experience.

#110 rageTGLS

rageTGLS

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:51 AM

The grace period was had, the sooner we move into the phase the sooner people can adjust. While yes postponing it a week gives veteran players more time to move and organize things, it also means another week where new players joining could get the wrong impression or could be damaging to their play experience.

It's not "postponing"

My suggestion was including a coupon ticket that you still had to buy like the others, the tooltip could read something like "Used to temporarily unbind honor grade value items until x/x/x date"

I'm not sure what you are talking about this imaginary rush to move into whatever phase, its 1 type of item.

Also why would you place value over new players acquired over a 1 week period versus veterans who have been the flow of money into the game since the beginning.

Edited by rageTGLS, 13 August 2014 - 06:51 AM.

#111 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:28 PM

All customers are valued equally, the simple fact is there have already been 4 to 5 weeks time for people to prep. As for making a temporary coupon that only lasts for a week, why waste the developers time to make something that works once for 1 week and wont ever be needed again. And I never said anything about rushing into a phase, this update has been known about for a very long time. There was no rush, in fact the original idea was to add all the bindings at the same time but was later decided to add them in steps. So a time compromise was already given once.

#112 rageTGLS

rageTGLS

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:05 PM

As for making a temporary coupon that only lasts for a week, why waste the developers time to make something that works once for 1 week and wont ever be needed again.

It doesn't require them to add anything new to the game, you could just simply change the honor gear to bind on equip for a week, but anyways not here to argue I am giving my opinion on what I believe could be done to satisfy the people who feel screwed by the change.  No need to continuously counter my suggestions.

#113 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:07 PM

It's not "postponing"

My suggestion was including a coupon ticket that you still had to buy like the others, the tooltip could read something like "Used to temporarily unbind honor grade value items until x/x/x date"

I'm not sure what you are talking about this imaginary rush to move into whatever phase, its 1 type of item.

Also why would you place value over new players acquired over a 1 week period versus veterans who have been the flow of money into the game since the beginning.

I can understand wanting something like this but the problem is- no matter what date was put on a temporary coupon, it would still not include every player so then they would want the time extended and extended and the requests would never end. 

It's impossible to create a timetable that makes everyone happy. These changes have been known and discussed heavily for a long time. I think the first mention of the trade restriction system was back in June, so there has been plenty of time for players to move items around and adjust to what was coming. At some point we all just gotta accept things and move forward and I think that point is now. 

#114 rageTGLS

rageTGLS

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:14 PM

I can understand wanting something like this but the problem is- no matter what date was put on a temporary coupon, it would still not include every player so then they would want the time extended and extended and the requests would never end. 

It's impossible to create a timetable that makes everyone happy. These changes have been known and discussed heavily for a long time. I think the first mention of the trade restriction system was back in June, so there has been plenty of time for players to move items around and adjust to what was coming. At some point we all just gotta accept things and move forward and I think that point is now. 

Again I am 100% on board with the new restrictions to gear, I personally have all gear on the correct characters.

The suggestion I made was only pertaining to the account lock of honor gear specifically, because that was the one change I saw most players vehemently turned off by.

I'm aware nothing the developers do will satisfy the general public regarding these changes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users