Disconnects Still - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Disconnects Still

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#26 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 10 August 2014 - 08:10 AM

"landlord"

"Teh" "form" typo alert...lol

Edited by Razzez, 10 August 2014 - 08:11 AM.

#27 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:18 AM

Server just went down again. Tried to get back on & only showed 500 users...lol

I guess you're right in a way. I should have said Verizon is a "Great" & provides "Great" service ;)

The amount of calls that come in to a call center has absolutely nothing to do with the quality. 've worked for Call Centers too, & close to 90% of the calls, are from users that don't know what they are doing. For example, I've experienced many calls from people that simply don't have power plugged in, and/or cables plugged in wrong. I'm sure you've experienced the same.

I know what you mean especially with TWC. I've also installed telephone outlets, in house & businesses, & have seen the same.

My Verizon box is plugged into a dedicated power outlet. Also I don't have any trouble with my Cable Service from them. I'm not sharing either with other people in my building. I believe you are thinking about phone lines, which are shared, from one apartment to the other. My building only has 4 apartments that are connected to one another.

I also don't have a "Lanlord". Apartment complexes, like the ones I live in, have Managers, & are owned by a large company, that owns multiple other apartments.

BTW look back at my very first reply to you. "I've the Verizon FIOS bundle for over 10 years, cable, internet, & phone." That means I have cable service too which means Cable TV ;)

My only comment about Inubushi's suggestion, was that I didn't have a way to have someone come out & check the "grounding like an electrician", since I live in an Apartment, & that I didn't have an Electrical issue, that was causing this.

It's pretty much impossible, to see how many others are experiencing d/c's too, based on this post. We can try to get a better idea once next weeks maintenance thread is posted, & possibly Tiki Tuesday. I for one only read those two threads on a regular basis. The only time I post and/or look for something, in "Community Chat", is when I have a question. I really only do searches for things I am looking for. You can also tell by the view count that not many people have read this. I would also venture to say a lot of the views are from the same users.

Wait. Did you just say that you share phone lines, but not cable? xD I guess you have your own dedicated cable line coming straight from the Verizon building straight into your own apartment. Lucky you. Where I live, there's a hardline that everyone in my area connects to, as well as everyone else who connects to the internet. This is why those that live closer to the offices have better services/internet speeds than someone who lives miles away. And it's also the reason why, if you read the fine print on the ads, every internet provider states "speeds are not guaranteed and may very."

Yeah, I did miss where you said you had cable. My bad. But seeing as how you now state that you've installed phone services, and you keep splitting hairs with me (landlord, community manager, whatever, man. Seriously) I guess you really are pro, so you don't need help. I still find it strange though, that all these people who are having problems are complaining to you, but aren't turning in tickets or posting on the forums. The few that have posted, HAVE ALREADY GOTTEN THEIR PROBLEMS FIXED because they actually listen, and do what others suggest. With that said, enjoy your disconnects...

Edited by belld1711, 10 August 2014 - 09:21 AM.

#28 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:25 PM

Wait. Did you just say that you share phone lines, but not cable? xD I guess you have your own dedicated cable line coming straight from the Verizon building straight into your own apartment. Lucky you. Where I live, there's a hardline that everyone in my area connects to, as well as everyone else who connects to the internet. This is why those that live closer to the offices have better services/internet speeds than someone who lives miles away. And it's also the reason why, if you read the fine print on the ads, every internet provider states "speeds are not guaranteed and may very."

Seriously!!! You can't be that naive! I'm sure you are well aware of what I meant. Who's the one splitting hairs? :P

I live in the city & not in the boonies. I'm well aware that internet speeds vary. It also depends on what speed you pay for as to what you receive. I believe I mentioned this before, maybe not in this post, but my speeds are way above others. I have 80mbs/30mbs (based on every speed test I have done before you say something). Faster then what I actually pay for.

Yeah, I did miss where you said you had cable. My bad. But seeing as how you now state that you've installed phone services, and you keep splitting hairs with me (landlord, community manager, whatever, man. Seriously) I guess you really are pro, so you don't need help. I still find it strange though, that all these people who are having problems are complaining to you, but aren't turning in tickets or posting on the forums. The few that have posted, HAVE ALREADY GOTTEN THEIR PROBLEMS FIXED because they actually listen, and do what others suggest. With that said, enjoy your disconnects...

Sorry I don't recall ever asking for your help. Did I miss something :hmm:

In fact I didn't even ask for help in the first place at least not from the community. Read my OP. I posted about an issue with RO. I never said I was a pro. I just have experience & knowledge.

People do send in tickets. I even have many times long ago. I would think you would be aware that sending in tickets, for many things is pointless. The generic responses are almost always the same. "We'll notify the people, in the appropriate department, about this."

Why would you expect others to post in the forums? Look at what happened when I did. Too many rude people, that like to troll, with rude replies. Others that just want to comment on peoples misspelling & grammar usage.

I'm willing to bet at least half the people that play don't even use the forums.

Edit: Others did ask questions, & mentioned possible causes, & I replied to them, the same as I did you.

Edited by Razzez, 11 August 2014 - 01:32 PM.

#29 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:11 PM

Well, no, I guess you didn't ask for help. I just saw someone who had a problem and tried to help. It's in my nature...

#30 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:36 AM

That's okay. I'm the same way.

Haha... I was about to say things had been better today when I just noticed that one of my clients got d/c'd ;)

P.S. Thanks for trying.

Edited by Razzez, 12 August 2014 - 12:39 AM.

#31 Izzy1

Izzy1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1793 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos Renewal - Smokies

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:42 PM

wait, did I see a thread that was about to turn bad, turn into an almost bromance?! yay! my life is complete! I have now seen everything! :D

Also, it sucks about the disconnections, I really wish I could suggest more to help you out if I could but I haven't got any ideas at this moment in time.

#32 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 12 August 2014 - 01:22 PM

Haha Izzy :D

I believe it was just a misunderstanding. Either way I really do wish a common denominator could be found. 

I'll probably jinx myself by saying this but today has been fine. I've been afk for about 7 hours & neither client was d/c'd :/

#33 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:13 AM

Not sure why, but I don't think I got d/c'd once, in the past 24 hours. Not sure why. I had both clients running when I went to sleep & when I woke up this morning they were both still on.

#34 teddytong

teddytong

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1062 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:05 PM

I disconnect exactly every single 30 minutes. 

This started after last last week's maintenance, and the maintenance yesterday didnt change it.

Sometimes after a maintenance this problem will disappear without me doing anything.

Been playing 6 months now, I've gone through 2 months of this so far...

#35 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:26 AM

I disconnect exactly every single 30 minutes. 

This started after last last week's maintenance, and the maintenance yesterday didnt change it.

Sometimes after a maintenance this problem will disappear without me doing anything.

Been playing 6 months now, I've gone through 2 months of this so far...

I haven't been getting any d/c's at all, the past couple of weeks, other than when they re-start the server.

You might want to talk to your ISP.

#36 teddytong

teddytong

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1062 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:03 AM

I haven't been getting any d/c's at all, the past couple of weeks, other than when they re-start the server.

You might want to talk to your ISP.

Im certain it is not my internet as everything in the background runs fine, thanks for the advice though.

Im convinced its Ragnarok thats the problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users