7 replies to this topic

#1 OmegaDivider

OmegaDivider

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 146 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 09 August 2014 - 01:09 PM

Greetings, returning Merch (now Alch) with some questions for what comes next.

There's plenty of resources at my disposal when it comes to gear and universal skills but...

I'm kind of stuck on a few

http://irowiki.org/~...GBdFqsqn4bak1wY

^ That is what I plan to use when I get Gen, I don't really know where to put the other points and all that.

Another thing, is it worth it to brew my own Acid Bomb/Glistening Coats etc etc, without a brewing build? Since I'll miss out on Summon Flora when I take the brewing boost skills which may hurt if I decide to join a guild for WoE and the like.

Any tips would be appreciated, I've sold some KP items, but I don't know if that will keep me set for a while or anything; which is why I'm looking into making my own things instead of buying :P

Thanks for the help

#2 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 09 August 2014 - 01:39 PM

better make second alchemist for brewing purpose

#3 OmegaDivider

OmegaDivider

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:31 PM

Ahh, I see. Thanks.

When making a Brew Alchemist, do you still Trans? Or is it possible to skip?

I assume that skipping would make it rather difficult to level though, since you don't get the Stat reset from Trans too

#4 Akshaysanwal

Akshaysanwal

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:13 AM

Make a biochemist for brewing. It's better and easier.

#5 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:25 PM

If you must brew your own, do it on another character (a biochem - biochem gets better rates than gen since job level plays a role, and bios get 70 jobs while gens only get 50). You can always just buy the skill catalysts, and the expensive materials are mostly used in WoE - and your guild leader should supply you with those. Don't worry about supplies now, honestly. 

I'd be MUCH more concerned about your skill build!

As high merchant (it doesn't matter pre-trans, ofc), you should go job 50 as high merchant. I get vend 10, Item Apprasial, and the rest in OC/DC. I didn't go job 50 as high merchant (it was years ago, when it was taking me like an hour+ per job level), and I regret it terribly.

Drop prepare potion to minimum prereq level unless you're making a potter, rather than a PVM/MVP gen. Unlike potion research, prepare potion does nothing for you outside of making potions and wasting skill points. 

Use those points to get either Summon Flora (if you're going for a hell plant build, you must have level 5 flora; Also, you need flora if you want to solo bangungot), or Aid Potion (so you can throw blue potions to your homun), or max homun resurrection and spend the extra point on plant cult. 

Genetic skills look fine - which skills to get from there depends on  what you want to do with the character.

Unlike biochem potions, you can actually get acceptable rates making the genetic potions (ie, Special Pharmacy, Mix Cooking, Bomb Creation) without having to compromise your build, assuming you're making an Acid Bomb MVP build (see my build thread). Do consider whether you want to do this - if not, drop spec pharmacy back to the minimum level you need, leaving you more points for fun PVP/WoE skills. 

#6 OmegaDivider

OmegaDivider

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:52 PM

Thanks!

I'll get to making a Biochem after I get my current alch to Gen

As for my build, I modified it after reading that I should just make another Alch

http://irowiki.org/~...qsrFbnafqnad1wY

Sooo...I can only make Acid Bombs with those specific Gen crafting skills?

x-x; How do I handle it if I want to WoE and MVP? I guess it won't be an issue if I make enough money from MVPing to buy the Acid bomb/Seeds (And mhm, I've been following your thread since I picked my Alch back up Azzy, thanks!)

Thing is, I -don't- really know what to use gear wise and the like. I've bought some things based on what I've read (+7 Nidhoggur's, Immuned it, +7 Red Naght Seiger sword, not carded yet, Variant Shoes, Valk Shield, also not yet carded) 

Not like the gear stuff matters just yet, but I am looking down the line for how I'll manage to get some of the things in Azzy's thread :P

#7 Dalx

Dalx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:04 AM

u should drop vending to get mammonith because u can just make another toon to vend your stuff also full chemical is useless because armors rarely break...

Edited by Dalx, 12 August 2014 - 06:06 AM.

#8 OmegaDivider

OmegaDivider

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:39 AM

Full Chemical seems useful for WoE, and I plan to turn my Amistr into Dieter so it should serve some use outside of WoE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users