BSOD While Playing RO - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

BSOD While Playing RO

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 nakadrugs

nakadrugs

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 08:11 PM

HELP! I'm using Windows 7 64 bit laptop. The BSOD happened while playing Ragnarok. Here's the error:

http://i39.photobuck...SCREENERROR.png

#2 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:40 PM

Your crash report indicates Windows crashed due to the error 0x00000116 (VIDEO_TDR_ERROR). This error occurs when the GPU fails to respond while performing an operation and the subsequent attempt to restart the GPU and reinitialise its driver fails.

As this problem concerns your GPU rather than the RO client, you should seek help with resolving it in the GeForce forum. I've found a thread in this forum that details potential solutions to the problem. You may also find the following Google search query useful:

site:forums.geforce.com 0x00000116 OR 0x116 OR VIDEO_TDR_ERROR

Edited by Axylus, 16 August 2014 - 04:32 AM.

#3 nakadrugs

nakadrugs

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:27 AM

Thank you for the reply but I am afraid to open the game because the BSOD might happen again and I really dont want to mess around with my computer. A couple of questions:

1.) I checked my game set up (ghostring) and it's all set to max settings. It's also using Intel ®HD graphics and running at full screen mode. Which is better, Intel graphics or Direct 3D Hal and should I also disable full screen mode? .

2.) I also noticed that after the BSOD, The RO and the ghostring logo has the admin icon. What does that mean?

3.) Also, everytime I open open RO and the game set up scren, The User Account Control appears asking if I want to made changes to the computer. Why does this keep popping up?

4.) Everytime I close the game set up, The Program Compatibility Assistant appears saying that the program was not installed correctly asking me to reinstall using recommended settings or the program was installed correctly. What should I choose?

5.) Is it advisable to run RO on Nvidia Optimus mode?

#4 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 16 August 2014 - 02:32 AM

Windows is crashing because your computer has a fault with either its hardware or software, and it will continue to crash until the fault is fixed — it's that simple.

a. I'm not sure. Please could you post a screen capture of the window that shows the relevant options?

b. Disabling full-screen mode will reduce the strain on your GPU and may therefore prevent Windows from crashing, but the underlying problem will still remain.

2. A shield overlay on a programme's icon indicates the programme requires administrative privileges to run. The overlay should have always been there.

3. The RO client's programmes have information embedded inside them that informs Windows that they require administrative privileges to run. It's completely normal for a UAC dialogue window to be presented when you open the client.

4. I don't know; I've never heard of this problem before.

5. I don't know.

Edited by Axylus, 16 August 2014 - 02:52 AM.

#5 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 17 August 2014 - 02:04 PM

I've seen 4 before. Windows is assuming it's an installer, and something about what it does makes Windows think it was unsuccessful at doing so. I don't know what conditions trigger it, or whether it indicates that something isn't working correctly

Edited by DrAzzy, 17 August 2014 - 02:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users